SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Categories > General Saturn Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-21-2009, 08:09 PM   #21
piney
Master Member
piney will become famous soon enoughpiney will become famous soon enough

Default Re: A Letter from Jill Lajdziak to Saturn Owners Regarding GM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crystal scan View Post
yeah i have noticed the chevy trucks look cheap inside, and my moms 2009 saturn Aura XE front seats make my back hurt after while i figured why, there is plastic backing with little net, i hate seats with something pushed in back of it, it could of been nice seat if GM had not went cheap with it
Try some Midol for that back pain. The sculpted back seats mean nothing on seat comfort. My 08 Malibu has the same type of seats and they are actually really comfortable. I had an 08 Impala before this and the seats were not good, too soft. The 08 Malibu actually has more leg room due to the sculpting than the Impala did.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to piney's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help piney reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
piney is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 10-21-2009, 08:54 PM   #22
05SaturnRL
05SaturnRL is on a distinguished road

Have any of you other Saturn owners out there received this letter? I haven't, nor did I ever receive any of the other letter that Jill sent out before on Saturns future. While the news is nothing I didn't already know, it'd be nice to actually receive something letting me know. It makes you wonder how many others out there that aren't receiving anything, who might not even know all of the details. I'm dissapointed, I want a letter

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to 05SaturnRL's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help 05SaturnRL reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
05SaturnRL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 11:03 PM   #23
adventureoflink
Master Member
adventureoflink has a spectacular aura aboutadventureoflink has a spectacular aura aboutadventureoflink has a spectacular aura about

1997 SL2

Quote:
Originally Posted by 05SaturnRL View Post
Have any of you other Saturn owners out there received this letter? I haven't, nor did I ever receive any of the other letter that Jill sent out before on Saturns future. While the news is nothing I didn't already know, it'd be nice to actually receive something letting me know. It makes you wonder how many others out there that aren't receiving anything, who might not even know all of the details. I'm dissapointed, I want a letter
Dude just be glad Charlie posted his copy for our viewing pleasure... Besides your letter (and everyone elses) will be carbon copied and is the same thing.. what were you expecting, a $10k credit on your next G.M. vehicle purchase over this letter?

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to adventureoflink's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help adventureoflink reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
adventureoflink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2009, 07:21 AM   #24
Citation84
Master Member
Citation84 has a spectacular aura aboutCitation84 has a spectacular aura about

2005 ION-1 Sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by adventureoflink View Post
Dude just be glad Charlie posted his copy for our viewing pleasure... Besides your letter (and everyone elses) will be carbon copied and is the same thing.. what were you expecting, a $10k credit on your next G.M. vehicle purchase over this letter?
Chrysler gave 1961 De Soto buyers a $200.00 voucher when they ended the line.Ford did something similar with Edsel and I think GM did that with Olds in some amount to try to keep buyers in the GM family.

I won't hold my breath, adventureoflink. GM's brand killers are probably tap dancing at the news Saturn is finally dead.

Makes no difference if they send an Eff Off letter or not. They never listened to Saturn buyers in the first place once the launch was over.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Citation84's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Citation84 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Citation84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2009, 10:01 AM   #25
marx404
Master Member
marx404 will become famous soon enough

2008 Astra XE
Thumbs Down Re: A Letter from Jill Lajdziak to Saturn Owners Regarding GM

Deleted by administrator at the request of poster.

marx404
Saturn lives on.

1994 SL2
2002 SC2
2007 ION.3
2008 Astra XE
2004 L300.1

Last edited by marx404; 10-22-2009 at 10:07 AM..

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to marx404's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help marx404 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
marx404 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2009, 10:24 AM   #26
Saturn#5
Saturn#5 is on a distinguished road

2008 Astra XE
2007 VUE 2.2L

Marx404 I totally agree with you! You want to know what I want...I want my portion of the bailout money back! The Gov't used taxpayer money to bail GM out and they slimmed down their dysfunctional brand by phasing out Saturn. Well as a Saturn owner and lover I say to GM..."Go to HELL!"

I didn't sign up for this! The Federal gov't, with our tax payer money allowed GM to kill us off creating the possibility of several thousand of unemployed Saturn workers!

GM is creating many FORMER GM owners with their actions...or should I say in-actions!

Saturn#5

Saturn car history:
1995 SL2
2002 LW200
2005 ION
2007 VUE
2008 Astra

HEY GM...KISS MY ASTRA!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Saturn#5's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Saturn#5 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Saturn#5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2009, 07:24 PM   #27
crystal scan
Advanced Member
crystal scan is on a distinguished road

2003 ION-2 Sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by piney View Post
Try some Midol for that back pain. The sculpted back seats mean nothing on seat comfort. My 08 Malibu has the same type of seats and they are actually really comfortable. I had an 08 Impala before this and the seats were not good, too soft. The 08 Malibu actually has more leg room due to the sculpting than the Impala did.
i don;t get back pain in my IOn only in cars that have plasic for backing

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to crystal scan's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help crystal scan reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
crystal scan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2009, 07:26 PM   #28
jon_e_quest
jon_e_quest is on a distinguished road

2008 Astra XR
2009 AURA XR

Quote:
I did receive a letter from my local Saturn of Traverse City dealership a couple of weeks ago assuring it's customers that they would still be there for owners after Saturn finally shuts down. They were offering an additional $1K off remaining inventory and plan to remain in their current location until next spring when the dealership will shut down and employees will thankfully be relocated across town to the company's GMC/Buick/Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep/Hyundai family of dealerships. Saturn isn't the only brand they're shutting down either... They operate the local Pontiac franchise, as well.

As for me, I'm just happy techs trained on the Astra will remain within reach. But whether they'll be able to easily get parts in two years is anybody's guess...

Sold:
2008 Astra XR3
2009 Aura XR6

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to jon_e_quest's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help jon_e_quest reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
jon_e_quest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2009, 09:23 PM   #29
05SaturnRL

Quote:
$10K, yeah right. Pontiac onwers did get a letter with a $2K loyalty incentive. Not that I am interested in an incentive anyways.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marx404 View Post
Deleted by administrator at the request of poster.
Glad someone else understands this. Long time Saturn onwer here with no news either. Do they assume that all Saturn onwers have internet access, and for those that do, browse this site or the Saturn cares site? Even though it may be a carbon copy letter that everyone gets, that's not the point. That piece of paper shows a little concern for the customer, and what they can expect following the closing of the brand. Not just a internet blog letter of hey if you read it good for you, if you can't view it too bad type response. I know Pontiac owners that recieved letters in the mail from Pontiac letting them know the details of the brand and how to get service. Not like it's any different for them than it was before anyways. The point is Saturn is not like Pontiac, it's not another brand that falls under the typical GM dealer umbrella.

I agree with you, totally not acceptable at all. What happened, did GM cut Saturn's paper and mailing supply funds already? Is it another sign of Saturn owners getting pushed aside?

As far as other dealers, yes it is totally BS. Saturn has no clue what is going on and GM doesn't either, they have no plan in place. Just for the heck of it I called a few GM delaers to see if they can work on them. I got the responce of, we can do some limited stuff, or no we can't. With Saturn dealers closing up now they need to wake up and get more GM dealers involved

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help 05SaturnRL reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 10-22-2009, 09:38 PM   #30
crystal scan
Advanced Member

2003 ION-2 Sedan

Quote:
$10K, yeah right. Pontiac onwers did get a letter with a $2K loyalty incentive. Not that I am interested in an incentive anyways.

Glad someone else understands this. Long time Saturn onwer here with no news either. Do they assume that all Saturn onwers have internet access, and for those that do, browse this site or the Saturn cares site? Even though it may be a carbon copy letter that everyone gets, that's not the point. That piece of paper shows a little concern for the customer, and what they can expect following the closing of the brand. Not just a internet blog letter of hey if you read it good for you, if you can't view it too bad type response. I know Pontiac owners that recieved letters in the mail from Pontiac letting them know the details of the brand and how to get service. Not like it's any different for them than it was before anyways. The point is Saturn is not like Pontiac, it's not another brand that falls under the typical GM dealer umbrella.

I agree with you, totally not acceptable at all. What happened, did GM cut Saturn's paper and mailing supply funds already? Is it another sign of Saturn owners getting pushed aside?

As far as other dealers, yes it is totally BS. Saturn has no clue what is going on and GM doesn't either, they have no plan in place. Just for the heck of it I called a few GM delaers to see if they can work on them. I got the responce of, we can do some limited stuff, or no we can't. With Saturn dealers closing up now they need to wake up and get more GM dealers involved
GM don;t give a rats ass uaslong as see there paychecks they have there money makers, i could see buick go away also, since buick is nothing special

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help crystal scan reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 10-22-2009, 09:46 PM   #31
05SaturnRL

Quote:
GM don;t give a rats ass uaslong as see there paychecks they have there money makers, i could see buick go away also, since buick is nothing special
Huh?

Keep dreaming, fat chance that will happen. Buick is a global brand that happens to be very profitable in china

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 10-22-2009, 09:48 PM   #32
crystal scan
Advanced Member

2003 ION-2 Sedan

Quote:
Huh?

Keep dreaming, fat chance that will happen. Buick is a global brand that happens to be very profitable in china
what is so special about buick???????, i still want them to keep saturn, whast need to do is stepaway from euro and go back to the IOn-america type car

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 10-22-2009, 10:36 PM   #33
page2171
page2171 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
what is so special about buick???????, i still want them to keep saturn, whast need to do is stepaway from euro and go back to the IOn-america type car
Buick doesn't sell all that well in the U.S., although it has outsold Saturn this year. However, Buick is a big seller in China. Buick sold only 51k in the U.S. in the first half of this year, but they sold 196k overseas. During this time Saturn sold a grand total of just under 48k. It isn't hard to figure out why GM kept Buick and ditched Saturn.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to page2171's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help page2171 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
page2171 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2009, 11:27 PM   #34
adventureoflink
Master Member
adventureoflink has a spectacular aura aboutadventureoflink has a spectacular aura aboutadventureoflink has a spectacular aura about

1997 SL2

Quote:
Originally Posted by page2171 View Post
Buick doesn't sell all that well in the U.S., although it has outsold Saturn this year. However, Buick is a big seller in China. Buick sold only 51k in the U.S. in the first half of this year, but they sold 196k overseas. During this time Saturn sold a grand total of just under 48k. It isn't hard to figure out why GM kept Buick and ditched Saturn.
So? why not just sell Buick to the Chinese, and either:

1) let the flow of Chinese cars come in
or 2) phase out the brand in the US and several other areas?

97 SL2
DOB: 3/19/97
Date Obtained: 5/30/07

2004 Merc G.Marquis GS
DOB: 2/4/04
Date Obtained: 7/6/12

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help adventureoflink reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 10-23-2009, 01:41 PM   #35
wei_
wei_ is on a distinguished road

The physical version of the letter came in the mail today for us. I'm sure everyone else will receive one soon.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to wei_'s Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help wei_ reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
wei_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 02:28 PM   #36
kae
kae is on a distinguished road

2008 VUE 2.4L
2004 ION-2 Sedan

I received my letter today...although I barely read it. I also read my local dealer's letter in their waiting area about 3 weeks ago when I had my seat fixed. For now, I'm lucky since my Saturn was part of a auto mall (Jay Auto Mall) so even after Saturn is phased out they will remain open (they just added the Suzuki line-up in the Saturn building so the showroom has Vue's and Suzuki something-or-others next to each other.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to kae's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help kae reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
kae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 05:31 PM   #37
2SL's&1SC
2SL's&1SC is on a distinguished road

Quote:

People, cut me some slack. Besides the SW2 I also own an Enclave.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to 2SL's&1SC's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help 2SL's&1SC reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
2SL's&1SC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 07:36 PM   #38
gpartrid
Advanced Member
gpartrid will become famous soon enough

2008 AURA XR
2008 SKY Red Line

"Ditto" on the letter coming in the mail today. Signed "Jill".

2008 AURA XR
Ocean Mist
Sunroof
Loaded!
Built: 07/19/07

2008 SKY RL
Silver Pearl
Black on Black
6 Disc w. Monsoon
Chrome Wheels
4 Pedals
GMPP Turbo Upgrade & CAI
Built: 09/20/07

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to gpartrid's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help gpartrid reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
gpartrid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 07:47 PM   #39
page2171
page2171 will become famous soon enough

Quote:

So, sell a successful brand in order to keep a unsuccessful brand?

Sorry, but I was a huge fan of Saturn, starting when I test drove one in 1991, but GM ran Saturn into the ground so far that it was impossible for it to recover. So, Saturn was put down. Buick was kept even though it is not terribly successful in the U.S. because it successful elsewhere in the world. Saturn wasn't successful elsewhere in the world, so it didn't have that asset to save it.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to page2171's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help page2171 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
page2171 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 10:27 PM   #40
adventureoflink
Master Member

1997 SL2

Quote:
Originally Posted by page2171 View Post
So, sell a successful brand in order to keep a unsuccessful brand?

Sorry, but I was a huge fan of Saturn, starting when I test drove one in 1991, but GM ran Saturn into the ground so far that it was impossible for it to recover. So, Saturn was put down. Buick was kept even though it is not terribly successful in the U.S. because it successful elsewhere in the world. Saturn wasn't successful elsewhere in the world, so it didn't have that asset to save it.
where at did I say LETS SAEV SATERN?

I'm just saying if the Chinese like it so much, they can have it. For all I care, they could've saved Pontiac or even Saab over Saturn.

97 SL2
DOB: 3/19/97
Date Obtained: 5/30/07

2004 Merc G.Marquis GS
DOB: 2/4/04
Date Obtained: 7/6/12

REWARD EXCELLENCE!