SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Categories > General Saturn Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-12-2009, 07:10 PM   #1
TN1
TN1 is on a distinguished road

2007 AURA XR
Default Dealer closing blessing in disguise - Chevy service rocks

I took my 07 Aura to the nearest Chevy dealer today for warranty service since my local Saturn dealers have already closed.

The service items were rattling sunroof, clunking steering, and clunking and rattly front suspension. I've had the car into the Saturn dealer at least three times for all these issues, none of which have been resolved, in spite of their best efforts.

I had several revelations:

-Saturn dealerships here were too small to have a modern service department

-Saturn service departments were too small to have specialized mechanics

After one visit, the steering and suspension appear to be fixed.

Additionally, I received a very warm welcome from both the service writer and the service manager. They assured me they were delighted to help me with any issues with my Saturn.

The level of service at this mega-Chevy dealership was several levels above what I experienced at the Saturn dealer. While it's sad Saturn has failed under GMs leadership, it seems like it might be a good development in this respect!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to TN1's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help TN1 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
TN1 is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 10-12-2009, 10:54 PM   #2
Hman127
Hman127 is on a distinguished road

Default Re: Dealer closing blessing in disguise - Chevy service rocks

I am glad that you were treated well, and Im sure they were happy to see you. I think problems may arise for others though. Since your car The Aura may share many similar parts with the Chevy Malibu that may make It easier, but with Astra and Vue owners I wonder. Anything can be fixed but I doubt most of these dealers will just stockpile parts for these cars. Theyll get fixed, but It may take a day or two. Lets just see how It goes.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Hman127's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Hman127 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Hman127 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 11:28 PM   #3
TN1
TN1 is on a distinguished road

2007 AURA XR

Agreed, especially regarding the Astra. Imported for one year from the subsidiary GM is selling - that is indeed probably a recipe for problems getting parts, etc. But doesn't the Vue share standard parts with other GM models - it looks like it has the same engine choices as the Astra.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to TN1's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help TN1 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
TN1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 12:55 AM   #4
adventureoflink
Master Member
adventureoflink has a spectacular aura aboutadventureoflink has a spectacular aura aboutadventureoflink has a spectacular aura about

1997 SL2

Quote:
Originally Posted by TN1 View Post
Agreed, especially regarding the Astra. Imported for one year from the subsidiary GM is selling - that is indeed probably a recipe for problems getting parts, etc. But doesn't the Vue share standard parts with other GM models - it looks like it has the same engine choices as the Astra.
It would, as I just explained to a user in the Canadian Saturn section, it supposedly rips off the following:

Opel Antara*
Daewoo Winstorm/Chevrolet Captiva
GMC Terrain
Pontiac Torrent*
Cadillac SRX
Chevrolet Equinox*
Suzuki XL7*

*: rips off first and second gen

also, if you have the first gen VUE w/ V6 motor, you'll have the Honda drivetrain, and sadly Honda just ain't going away anytime soon.

97 SL2
DOB: 3/19/97
Date Obtained: 5/30/07

2004 Merc G.Marquis GS
DOB: 2/4/04
Date Obtained: 7/6/12

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to adventureoflink's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help adventureoflink reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
adventureoflink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 06:20 AM   #5
OhioVueBoy
Master Member
OhioVueBoy has a spectacular aura aboutOhioVueBoy has a spectacular aura aboutOhioVueBoy has a spectacular aura about

2002 VUE 2.2L

Quote:
Originally Posted by adventureoflink View Post
It would, as I just explained to a user in the Canadian Saturn section, it supposedly rips off the following:

Opel Antara*
Daewoo Winstorm/Chevrolet Captiva
GMC Terrain
Pontiac Torrent*
Cadillac SRX
Chevrolet Equinox*
Suzuki XL7*

*: rips off first and second gen

also, if you have the first gen VUE w/ V6 motor, you'll have the Honda drivetrain, and sadly Honda just ain't going away anytime soon.
The first gen only shares parts with the first gen Equinox.

Also, not all first Gen V6es are saddled with the Honda V6, Thank God.

2012 Mercedes Benz C250 Sport Sedan
2008 smart fortwo Passion Coupe 8/28/2008 - 3/12/2012
2002 VUE FWD4m - Gone but not forgotten. 5/14/2002 - 10/31/2011

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to OhioVueBoy's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help OhioVueBoy reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
OhioVueBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 03:46 PM   #6
adventureoflink
Master Member
adventureoflink has a spectacular aura aboutadventureoflink has a spectacular aura aboutadventureoflink has a spectacular aura about

1997 SL2

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioVueBoy View Post
Also, not all first Gen V6es are saddled with the Honda V6, Thank God.
Yeah, I realized that when I looked up Saturn VUE for that person in the Canadian Saturn forum

but yes, it's a shock that only the Equinox shares parts with the 1st-gen VUEs..

97 SL2
DOB: 3/19/97
Date Obtained: 5/30/07

2004 Merc G.Marquis GS
DOB: 2/4/04
Date Obtained: 7/6/12

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to adventureoflink's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help adventureoflink reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
adventureoflink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 05:39 PM   #7
bigbird
bigbird is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by TN1 View Post
The level of service at this mega-Chevy dealership was several levels above what I experienced at the Saturn dealer. While it's sad Saturn has failed under GMs leadership, it seems like it might be a good development in this respect!
I had noticed the same thing when I traded my 2000 SW2 on an '05 Chev Equinox. The Saturn dealer's service was small and too busy to give me the time of day if I had a question for a tech. The big Chev/Cadillac dealership I patronize now is much more efficient and accomodating.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to bigbird's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help bigbird reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
bigbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 09:42 PM   #8
wei_
wei_ is on a distinguished road

TN1, did you bring it to a TN Chevy dealer? If so, was it close to Spring Hill?

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to wei_'s Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help wei_ reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
wei_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 11:02 PM   #9
SaturnIONSLVUE
Advanced Member
SaturnIONSLVUE is on a distinguished road

I have had my 2006 VUE at my Chevy/Caddy dealer and they fixed every problem with my VUE about 7 warrenty issues and looked to see if they could find anything else so i would not have to pay 100 dollars everytime.

I have since had my SL1 at the chevy dealer as well they gave the car a look over when it was in for an oil change and no probelms.

And you drive right into the service counter. I would have to say GM has moved the frendly (Saturn of the 90's and early 2000's) dealership to chevy.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to SaturnIONSLVUE's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help SaturnIONSLVUE reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
SaturnIONSLVUE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 11:14 PM   #10
Jaseball
Master Member
Jaseball will become famous soon enough

Saturn of Concord was great at both sales and service.

Now they are Concord Chevy, so at least for awhile I'm sure the service and other aspects will be pretty good.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Jaseball's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Jaseball reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Jaseball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 11:17 AM   #11
crystal scan
Advanced Member
crystal scan is on a distinguished road

2003 ION-2 Sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hman127 View Post
I am glad that you were treated well, and Im sure they were happy to see you. I think problems may arise for others though. Since your car The Aura may share many similar parts with the Chevy Malibu that may make It easier, but with Astra and Vue owners I wonder. Anything can be fixed but I doubt most of these dealers will just stockpile parts for these cars. Theyll get fixed, but It may take a day or two. Lets just see how It goes.
well the Vue can prob be serviced at the honda dealer lol

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to crystal scan's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help crystal scan reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
crystal scan is offline   Reply With Quote