SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Categories > General Saturn Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-08-2009, 09:53 PM   #1
Charlie
Administrator
Charlie is a splendid one to beholdCharlie is a splendid one to beholdCharlie is a splendid one to beholdCharlie is a splendid one to beholdCharlie is a splendid one to beholdCharlie is a splendid one to beholdCharlie is a splendid one to beholdCharlie is a splendid one to behold

2008 Outlook XR
2005 VUE Red Line
Default Retailers, Owners Shocked Over End of Saturn

A new feeditems entry has been added:

Retailers, Owners Shocked Over End of Saturn

Quote:
Steve Manning from the Associated Press via MSNBC: Charlie Eickmeyer says he was a fan of Saturn vehicles years before he was able to drive. Today he's in shock. "It seemed like the deal was going through," said Eickmeyer, 34, who started following Saturn when he was 10 years old and now runs a Web site for enthusiasts of the brand.

2008 Saturn Outlook XR
2005 VUE Red Line
2002 L300 (sold)

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Charlie's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Charlie reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Charlie is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 10-08-2009, 10:05 PM   #2
piney
Master Member
piney will become famous soon enoughpiney will become famous soon enough

Default Re: Retailers, Owners Shocked Over End of Saturn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie View Post
A new feeditems entry has been added:

Retailers, Owners Shocked Over End of Saturn
Nice quote. Did you ever consider changing your name to something easier to say? Meyer perhaps. The whole yick thing in the front is what I'm talking about.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to piney's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help piney reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
piney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 11:31 PM   #3
SaturnIONSLVUE
Advanced Member
SaturnIONSLVUE is on a distinguished road

It your name and should keep your name and not change it. Nice story on MSNBC.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to SaturnIONSLVUE's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help SaturnIONSLVUE reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
SaturnIONSLVUE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 11:39 PM   #4
SC2SkyVue
SC2SkyVue is on a distinguished road

They all knew it was coming... but hoping they were wrong.

Sad thing is that GM's most affordable, dependable, and fuel-efficient car line was dropped like a hot potato. The Green hypocrites in Washington (who now own GM) could have easily saved the brand. That is, if they had a lick of sense, which they don't !

2007 SKY RL
2004 VUE RL
1996 SC2CC

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to SC2SkyVue's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help SC2SkyVue reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
SC2SkyVue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 09:35 AM   #5
Low Saturn
Low Saturn is a splendid one to beholdLow Saturn is a splendid one to beholdLow Saturn is a splendid one to beholdLow Saturn is a splendid one to beholdLow Saturn is a splendid one to beholdLow Saturn is a splendid one to beholdLow Saturn is a splendid one to behold

2008 AURA XE

Quote:
Eickmeyer, 34, who started following Saturn when he was 10 years old and now runs a Web site for enthusiasts of the brand.
You started following Saturn in 1984? Most outsiders didnt know of its existance until the 1991 model year.

Mike

-1991 Turbo SL2 - Gone, but not forgotten.
11.809 @ 116.488 mph
www.differentracing.com

-2001 Chevrolet Suburban
-2011 Rally Yellow Chevrolet Camaro 2SS RS

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Low Saturn's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Low Saturn reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Low Saturn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2009, 10:09 AM   #6
Charlie
Administrator
Charlie is a splendid one to beholdCharlie is a splendid one to beholdCharlie is a splendid one to beholdCharlie is a splendid one to beholdCharlie is a splendid one to beholdCharlie is a splendid one to beholdCharlie is a splendid one to beholdCharlie is a splendid one to behold

2008 Outlook XR
2005 VUE Red Line
Happy Re: Retailers, Owners Shocked Over End of Saturn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Low Saturn View Post
You started following Saturn in 1984? Most outsiders didnt know of its existance until the 1991 model year.
It was actually 1985. I still have the first article about Saturn that I read...

Charlie

2008 Saturn Outlook XR
2005 VUE Red Line
2002 L300 (sold)

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Charlie's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Charlie reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Charlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2009, 01:27 PM   #7
piney
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie View Post
It was actually 1985. I still have the first article about Saturn that I read...

Charlie
My first following of the Saturn vision was the fall semester of 1986 - read about it in Automotive News in the university library. Been a GM fan since I was a tot and really believed in the Saturn vision. Bought my 1991 SL2 as soon as I got my first job out of college. I suppose my lack of appreciation for GM is based upon what they did and failed to do with Saturn.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help piney reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 10-11-2009, 07:19 PM   #8
eRic 02sc2
eRic 02sc2 has a spectacular aura abouteRic 02sc2 has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by piney View Post
My first following of the Saturn vision was the fall semester of 1986 - read about it in Automotive News in the university library. Been a GM fan since I was a tot and really believed in the Saturn vision. Bought my 1991 SL2 as soon as I got my first job out of college. I suppose my lack of appreciation for GM is based upon what they did and failed to do with Saturn.
I remember a girl in college wearing a "Saturn" shirt and I wondered what it was. She worked there the summer of 1987 or 88 or 89. I don't remember when. Sometime later in 1991, I test drove a SC and l wondered what was that sound coming from under the hood. Induction noise! after driving a bunch of other sport compact cars, I eventually bought my 92 SC in April 1992. I ordered it and it took like 3 weeks to arrive due to high demand.

eRic 02sc2
DR SCCA Solo 2001,2002 1st DSP
WHRRi 2007,2010 Fun Run 1st
DR SCCA 2008 Triathalon 1st PF
DR SCCA Solo 2009 2nd ST
DR SCCA Solo 2010 1st ST
Crutchfield: pkeqe-6j8e3-d2qqe

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to eRic 02sc2's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help eRic 02sc2 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
eRic 02sc2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2009, 08:32 PM   #9
piney
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by eRic 02sc2 View Post
Induction noise! after driving a bunch of other sport compact cars, I eventually bought my 92 SC in April 1992. I ordered it and it took like 3 weeks to arrive due to high demand.
And a lot of other mechanical noise - they were not the quietest cars, that is for sure.

When I got mine at Saturn of Charlotte, when there was only one location there, they had just come out and I was able to get the color and option package I wanted off the lot. They only had to swap the sawtooth rims for the spiral ones I wanted off a coupe.

Compared to the Civic of the day, they came with alloy wheels, a lot more power, actual torque, 15" rubber as opposed to the Civic and Sentra's 13s and a lot of other nice features that was not standard on the other stuff. They were really the best in class back then.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 10-13-2009, 11:52 PM   #10
eRic 02sc2
eRic 02sc2 has a spectacular aura abouteRic 02sc2 has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by piney View Post
And a lot of other mechanical noise - they were not the quietest cars, that is for sure.
I remember hearing the headlamp doors close the first time. wrrrr... clunk. it was like glass bottles breaking inside a paper bag. the funny thing is I got used to hearing and seeing my headlamps popping up and retracting in my 92 SC and 96 SC2 that it was odd when I got my 02 SC2 with fixed headlamps and not hearing or seeing anything happen when I switched them on or off. I got out of the car once and looked to make sure the lights worked.

eRic 02sc2
DR SCCA Solo 2001,2002 1st DSP
WHRRi 2007,2010 Fun Run 1st
DR SCCA 2008 Triathalon 1st PF
DR SCCA Solo 2009 2nd ST
DR SCCA Solo 2010 1st ST
Crutchfield: pkeqe-6j8e3-d2qqe

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to eRic 02sc2's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help eRic 02sc2 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
eRic 02sc2 is offline   Reply With Quote