SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Categories > General Saturn Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-07-2009, 10:12 PM   #1
Charlie
Administrator
Charlie has much to be proud ofCharlie has much to be proud ofCharlie has much to be proud ofCharlie has much to be proud ofCharlie has much to be proud ofCharlie has much to be proud ofCharlie has much to be proud ofCharlie has much to be proud of

2008 Outlook XR
2005 VUE Red Line
Default Everything Must Go: Official Saturn Merchandise Reduced 50-80%

A new story entry has been added:

Everything Must Go: Official Saturn Merchandise Reduced 50-80%

Quote:
The Saturn Collection online store is responding to the recent unfortunate announcement about the closure of Saturn by slashing its prices by up to 80%. Powertex Group, based in Eau Claire, Wisconsin, is the current sole producer and reseller of Officially Licensed Saturn products. They have reacted by slashing prices at its Saturn Collection online store.

2008 Saturn Outlook XR
2005 VUE Red Line
2002 L300 (sold)

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Charlie's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Charlie reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Charlie is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 10-07-2009, 10:43 PM   #2
Jaseball
Master Member
Jaseball will become famous soon enough

Default Re: Everything Must Go: Official Saturn Merchandise Reduced 50-80%

OK, I spent $100 on a defunct car company branded products.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Jaseball's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Jaseball reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Jaseball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 11:10 PM   #3
crystal scan
Advanced Member
crystal scan is on a distinguished road

2003 ION-2 Sedan

mhmmmmm

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to crystal scan's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help crystal scan reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
crystal scan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 01:22 AM   #4
Jaseball
Master Member

I wasn't being facetious. I actually did buy 2 saturn hats, 1 roll up blanket, 2 t shirts, 1 rolling cooler, 2 window shades, set of 4 glasses, a bear with a Saturn shirt, and several other items.

Not really going to have a chance to buy any of this ever again or get any stuff thrown in by buying a new Saturn car.

The site link has already crashed too and returns an error.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help Jaseball reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 10-08-2009, 08:28 AM   #5
themrfreeze
themrfreeze is on a distinguished road

Hey, $10 for a nice polo shirt is a great deal, official Saturn product or not. Hard to pass that up!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to themrfreeze's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help themrfreeze reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
themrfreeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 09:18 AM   #6
Saturn#5
Saturn#5 is on a distinguished road

2008 Astra XE
2007 VUE 2.2L

Just went to site...items are going really fast! Although I picked up some stuff I really wanted over the years for really dirt cheap it made me really sad!

Saturn#5

Saturn car history:
1995 SL2
2002 LW200
2005 ION
2007 VUE
2008 Astra

HEY GM...KISS MY ASTRA!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Saturn#5's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Saturn#5 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Saturn#5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 09:59 AM   #7
saturn_69
Master Member
saturn_69 will become famous soon enough

And here I was going to sell all my 1:18 scale Saturns...I might have to check out some other merchandise.

"That government is best which governs not at all; and when men are prepared for it, that will be the kind of government which they will have" - H.D. Thoreau

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to saturn_69's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help saturn_69 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
saturn_69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 07:36 PM   #8
Charlie
Administrator
Charlie has much to be proud ofCharlie has much to be proud ofCharlie has much to be proud ofCharlie has much to be proud ofCharlie has much to be proud ofCharlie has much to be proud ofCharlie has much to be proud ofCharlie has much to be proud of

2008 Outlook XR
2005 VUE Red Line

Things are selling out! I was looking at some things the other day and didn't act fast enough...

GREAT prices on some GREAT merchandise.

Its too bad its under such horrible circumstances.

Charlie

2008 Saturn Outlook XR
2005 VUE Red Line
2002 L300 (sold)

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Charlie's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Charlie reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Charlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 12:31 AM   #9
Jaseball
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie View Post
Things are selling out! I was looking at some things the other day and didn't act fast enough...

GREAT prices on some GREAT merchandise.

Its too bad its under such horrible circumstances.

Charlie

Yep. I've sort of always wanted a Saturn hat, the sun shades, I just broke my small cooler and needed another one and $5 Tshirts are a good deal.

Was surprised they didn't have key chains and some other items, but I did get quite a few things already.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 10-09-2009, 12:53 AM   #10
oak
oak is on a distinguished road

1997 SL2

Some good deals. Might be collectors items some day. Thanks.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to oak's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help oak reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
oak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 07:06 PM   #11
wei_
wei_ is on a distinguished road

Ordered on 10/7, arrived today. Really hits home that it's over.

The Akwa dress shirt is fairly lightweight, I'd say summer wear. No logo on the front, subtle "SATURN" non-contrast stitch under the collar on the rear.

The golf polo is a good grade. Runs slightly smaller than department store sizes, so it fits me perfectly.

The Astra t-shirt is quite a beautiful work of art. I should have ordered another... still might.

The mugs are shallow, but fit my hand well. Very flat bottomed, but I don't see the emblem lasting 30 cycles in a dishwasher.

The calculator biz card case is double the thickness of most biz card holders. I may try to pick up the stainless steel one from my Saturn dealer this weekend.

Picture at http://www.saturnfans.com/photos/sho...=52433&cat=500

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to wei_'s Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help wei_ reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
wei_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 08:06 PM   #12
David 93 SL2m
Master Member
David 93 SL2m is a jewel in the roughDavid 93 SL2m is a jewel in the roughDavid 93 SL2m is a jewel in the roughDavid 93 SL2m is a jewel in the rough

2004 VUE 2.2L
2007 ION-3 Sedan
Red Face Re: Everything Must Go: Official Saturn Merchandise Reduced 50-80%

For whatever it is worth, the prices of some of the items are being reduced further.

Current
∙ 2004 VUE 124K
∙ 2007 ION3 112K
Past
∙ 1993 SL2 212K
∙ 1993 SC2 140K
∙ 1996 SC2 157K
∙ 1996 SC2 126K
∙ 2001 SC2, 145K
∙ 2002 L200 20K
∙ 2002 SL1 129K

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to David 93 SL2m's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help David 93 SL2m reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
David 93 SL2m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 10:20 PM   #13
Astra La Vista!
Astra La Vista! has a spectacular aura aboutAstra La Vista! has a spectacular aura about

2008 Astra XR

Thanks Charlie! I was going to pick up a few things from the local Saturn dealer before then "convert" at the end of the year, but these prices are just too good not to take a chance on.

"That's a Hruck Bugbear, manufactured in Eastern Europe in the eighties and imported to the States. People mock it as a poor man's Yugo. I consider it the pinnacle of Cold War Balkan engineering."

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Astra La Vista!'s Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Astra La Vista! reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Astra La Vista! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 10:33 PM   #14
Astra La Vista!
Astra La Vista! has a spectacular aura aboutAstra La Vista! has a spectacular aura about

2008 Astra XR

Figured it was too good to be true. Just got this email from their accounting department. My shipping charges have now more than tripled! Order canceled.

Dear xxxxx,

Thank you for your order at the Saturn Collection online store. Due to a continually changing customs environment, we ask that you assume responsibility for all customs related charges (taxes, duties, tariffs, etc.).

We will need to adjust your initial shipping charge in accordance with FedEx/UPS International rates which for this package will be an additional $18.78 USD. We must have written confirmation of acceptance of these charges. We will be unable to process refunds or exchanges at our expense.

Taxes, duties and tariffs will be due as a separate fee once your order enters your country and are not part of this shipping quote.

To confirm acceptance of these charges or should you have any questions, please reply to this e-mail and they will be answered as soon as possible.

If we do not hear from you in five business days, the order will be cancelled and your credit card credited.

Regards,

Liz Castro
Saturn Collection
Powertex Group
1-877-707-9156

"That's a Hruck Bugbear, manufactured in Eastern Europe in the eighties and imported to the States. People mock it as a poor man's Yugo. I consider it the pinnacle of Cold War Balkan engineering."

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Astra La Vista!'s Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Astra La Vista! reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Astra La Vista! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2009, 01:31 AM   #15
Jaseball
Master Member

$20 for shipping? They must be nuts.

My order arrived as expected with the original shipping charges. I did not get the notice of changed shipping charges and if I did, I'd cancel the order as well.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 10-24-2009, 02:29 PM   #16
David 93 SL2m
Master Member
David 93 SL2m is a jewel in the roughDavid 93 SL2m is a jewel in the roughDavid 93 SL2m is a jewel in the roughDavid 93 SL2m is a jewel in the rough

2004 VUE 2.2L
2007 ION-3 Sedan
Checkered Flag Re: Everything Must Go: Official Saturn Merchandise Reduced 50-80%

No surprises here. In the US international shipping fees are usually much higher than domestic shipping fees.

Current
∙ 2004 VUE 124K
∙ 2007 ION3 112K
Past
∙ 1993 SL2 212K
∙ 1993 SC2 140K
∙ 1996 SC2 157K
∙ 1996 SC2 126K
∙ 2001 SC2, 145K
∙ 2002 L200 20K
∙ 2002 SL1 129K

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to David 93 SL2m's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help David 93 SL2m reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
David 93 SL2m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2009, 11:10 AM   #17
Derek McNelly
Advanced Member
Derek McNelly is on a distinguished road

2002 SC2

Just ordered a backpack, T-Shirt, and two hats (one for me and one for my Saturn loving friend.)

Great deal going on, and a great way to show your support for Saturn, even though they're going away.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Derek McNelly's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Derek McNelly reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Derek McNelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2009, 12:50 PM   #18
AuraDrvr89
Master Member
AuraDrvr89 will become famous soon enough

2007 AURA XE

I bought a whole bunch of stuff! The prices are actually really reasonable.

-Joel

Now: 2009 BMW 328i xDrive, Monaco Blue Metallic
Then:
2007 SATURN AURA XE,Cream White
2004 Saturn Ion 3 Special Edition Sedan, Onyx Black

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to AuraDrvr89's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help AuraDrvr89 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
AuraDrvr89 is offline   Reply With Quote