SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Categories > General Saturn Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-03-2009, 04:51 PM   #1
MiSaturn
MiSaturn is on a distinguished road

2002 SL
1991 SL2
Default GM Turns the Screws on Saturn

Stopped by my favorite car dealership today to pick up a .95 plastic rivet - which, of course, was in stock (Chrysler dealers take note). I was there last week and spirits were high over the final steps in the Penske takeover, today the folks were much more subdued.

The counter person mentioned that GM has now threatened Saturn dealers with not re-imbursing them for warranty work! They're having a meeting next week to discuss it, but it sounds like GM could force Saturn owners to go to existing GM stealerships for any warranty work.

Which makes sense - why would GM want to pay a non-GM dealership to do their repairs?

What is (somewhat) sweet revenge, you have to wonder where a GM dealer is going to get Saturn specific parts to do repair work??? If I was a Saturn dealer, I'd be tempted to tell them to pound sand... .

I started looking at the Malibu as a possible new ride. There is no way in hell I will consider a GM product after hearing how they're treating their best (ex) franchise, Saturn. Henry, here I come!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to MiSaturn's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help MiSaturn reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
MiSaturn is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 10-04-2009, 09:27 AM   #2
onefunkar
Master Member
onefunkar is a jewel in the roughonefunkar is a jewel in the roughonefunkar is a jewel in the roughonefunkar is a jewel in the rough

2008 Outlook XR
2007 AURA XR
Default Re: GM Turns the Screws on Saturn

saturn can do warr work thru 10/01/2010

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to onefunkar's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help onefunkar reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
onefunkar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009, 02:25 PM   #3
daver
daver has a spectacular aura aboutdaver has a spectacular aura about

2005 ION Red Line
1999 SC2

Quote:
Originally Posted by onefunkar View Post
saturn can do warr work thru 10/01/2010

That is correct, so let's not start any false rumors. The owner of my Saturn dealer also owns several other dealerships in town, including the Chevy dealership across the street. He also plans to keep the building and the lot, possibly moving other segments around. This will also help minimize job loss as a year from now natural attrition should make up for any lost positions.

Before everyone starts boycotting GM, perhaps they should think about what effect (if any - I don't see it as a realistic alternative) it would have, and that is even more job losses for American workers.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to daver's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help daver reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
daver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009, 08:24 PM   #4
shane
shane is on a distinguished road

1998 SL2

The auto group that owns Saturn of Augusta received a Dear John letter from GM earlier for its Buick, Cadillac, Chevrolet, GMC, and Pontiac store in Thomson. Fortunately for them, they own a couple of strong dealerships.

As to boycotts, a lesson must be taught. The bailouts cannot be seen as a success by any measure. To allow otherwise would be to invite further bailouts. Given the Sept. sales numbers, it appears a huge bailout backlash is in effect.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to shane's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help shane reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
shane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009, 10:23 PM   #5
BobbyP
Master Member
BobbyP is just really niceBobbyP is just really niceBobbyP is just really niceBobbyP is just really nice

2006 VUE Red Line
2007 SKY

Quote:
Originally Posted by daver View Post
That is correct, so let's not start any false rumors. The owner of my Saturn dealer also owns several other dealerships in town, including the Chevy dealership across the street. He also plans to keep the building and the lot, possibly moving other segments around. This will also help minimize job loss as a year from now natural attrition should make up for any lost positions.

Before everyone starts boycotting GM, perhaps they should think about what effect (if any - I don't see it as a realistic alternative) it would have, and that is even more job losses for American workers.
There are two other American manufacturers... Like everyone else, I'm aggravated at GM for shutting down Saturn.

I like the Theta chassis SUV and will probably buy another in the future. If my VUE was totaled tomorrow, I'd probably buy a GMC Terrain.

Ford sales were only down ~5%, and GM was down ~45%. This shows a lot of public confidence in the way GM does business...

2006 Black VUE Red Line - Now running iOS 11

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to BobbyP's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help BobbyP reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
BobbyP is offline   Reply With Quote