SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Categories > General Saturn Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-30-2009, 09:26 PM   #1
saturn of cary -Jill
saturn of cary -Jill is on a distinguished road

2006 VUE 3.5L
Default What they can't take from my showroom

They can take my new Saturn cars.
They can take my Saturn signage.
They can take my Saturn uniforms.

They CAN'T take the core Saturn values that I will continue to believe in and practice.
They CAN'T take my skills and abilities as a sales and internet professional.
They CAN'T take my confidence in my owner and dealer principle.
They CAN'T take the pride I have in being part of Saturn for almost 10 years.
They CAN'T take my desire to succeed.

I will survive.
I will thrive.
I will be proud that Saturn made me who I am, made my customers who they are.
I will always be, Saturn personified...even if I can't be Saturn in name.

Thanks to everyone for their support and belief in Saturn,
Jill Brumley
Saturn of Cary

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to saturn of cary -Jill's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help saturn of cary -Jill reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
saturn of cary -Jill is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 09-30-2009, 09:32 PM   #2
ToddFSU
ToddFSU is on a distinguished road

Default Re: What they can't take from my showroom

Good attitude! Good luck Jill!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to ToddFSU's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help ToddFSU reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
ToddFSU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 09:56 PM   #3
Arnel
Arnel is on a distinguished road

Location: Pittsburgh, PA - Home of the World Champion Steelers & Penguins!

2001 SC2

Quote:
Originally Posted by saturn of cary -Jill View Post
They can take my new Saturn cars.
They can take my Saturn signage.
They can take my Saturn uniforms.

They CAN'T take the core Saturn values that I will continue to believe in and practice.
They CAN'T take my skills and abilities as a sales and internet professional.
They CAN'T take my confidence in my owner and dealer principle.
They CAN'T take the pride I have in being part of Saturn for almost 10 years.
They CAN'T take my desire to succeed.

I will survive.
I will thrive.
I will be proud that Saturn made me who I am, made my customers who they are.
I will always be, Saturn personified...even if I can't be Saturn in name.

Thanks to everyone for their support and belief in Saturn,
Jill Brumley
Saturn of Cary
People like you will make us miss our Different Kind of Company a whole lot more...thank you, Jill!

93m SL1 "SLone" 145,000 mi. - RIP 10/08
94m SL2 "Ringo" 209,425 - ret. 7/31/07, RIP 10/08
01m SC2 "Lello" 129,000
07a GL VUE "Orbit" 48,900 - RIP 6/19/10
10a Ford Escape Hybrid - 8600 mi.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Arnel's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Arnel reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Arnel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 06:11 AM   #4
marx404
Master Member
marx404 will become famous soon enough

2008 Astra XE

Thank You Jill, These are the things that make us Saturn indeed.

marx404
Saturn lives on.

1994 SL2
2002 SC2
2007 ION.3
2008 Astra XE
2004 L300.1

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to marx404's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help marx404 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
marx404 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 06:41 AM   #5
n3srj
n3srj is on a distinguished road

2006 VUE 2.2L

Jill,

Well said.. I've belonged here for years and have posted but not as much as I should.. But have always read and do appreciate all that charlie and the gang have done here over the years.

Well with the end in site I need to add my 2 cents as well. This is not meant to offend the "newer" saturn owners in any way shape or form. As far as that goes we should welcome them as orphans we all are.

Ok here goes. I've been a believer/buyer/backer of saturn since day one. Between me and my family we have owned over 12 saturns over the years. I've been to the "Family reunions" I've been to my own dealerships events such as road ralleys,family nights,workshops for new owners, etc etc..

Saturn to me was a success and history will show it as well but lets face it. the end started in the late 90's with the introduction of the "L"series. A great car don't get me wrong but the first saturn built not a spring hill but elswhere. It had opel roots and although most of the vehicle was TPR the back quarter panels were steel, that was needed to strengthen the body. Saturn desperately needed a mid-size car and GM thought the "L" would be it. But I'm getting technical here.

The final straw to me was when the Home of saturn spring hill was changed for life. Saturn became another GEO line at that point and it was over.
I will miss my dealership/friends. I will still support one of the best american auto manufacturing idea of modern times.

On a plus note.... Remember a saturns roots can be traced back to 1984 in the form of a Fiero. The begining of TPR fenders and space frame. Now look they are worth some real money now and the were orpahned as well.

Thanks for reading my ramblings and WELCOME all Saturn Orpahns new and old, as long as it has a red (or black) S on it its still a saturn!

Rich B.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to n3srj's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help n3srj reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
n3srj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 07:28 AM   #6
wei_
wei_ is on a distinguished road

Thanks Jill...

I say...
I say...
I say...
SATURN

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to wei_'s Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help wei_ reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
wei_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 07:49 AM   #7
briansnoopy
briansnoopy is on a distinguished road

2006 ION-3 Quad Coupe
2001 SC2

I think my dealer knew something was about to go down, or at least did not have confidence that it was truly going to happen. They hadn't been replenishing any of their stock for the past couple months, and as I drove by earlier this week, I noticed some sales people standing around the one lone Aura they had on the lot. There were only two or three Vues. The rest was all service and trade-ins.

Thanks Jill, for dealers & workers like you and my local one. May you succeed in selling something else that knocks the greedy pants right off GM in the near future.

2015 Honda Civic Si
2006 Ion3 2.4 Coupe 5-sp "Orion"
2001 SC2 "Sharky"
1997 SC2

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to briansnoopy's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help briansnoopy reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
briansnoopy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 08:23 AM   #8
GaGirrl
GaGirrl is on a distinguished road

1996 SL1

Jill,

It's posts like yours that shows GM never "got it" about Saturn and that their culture was completely counter to the great car line they drove into the ground. Rich B is right - Saturn is a family, right down to the cheers when you drove your car off the lot to the renunions and family events. I also agree that the L series was a hot mess that the brand didn't recover from, solely to the lack of support and foresight of GM.

I hope you get an opportunity to share your passion and enthusiasm in another product and wipe the floor with GM.

Anita PH

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to GaGirrl's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help GaGirrl reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
GaGirrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 09:17 AM   #9
SaturnIONSLVUE
Advanced Member
SaturnIONSLVUE is on a distinguished road

That is why I have three Saturn's. But my Saturn Dealer closed last year. The next closest Saturn the Service and Sales people were nasty and not nice at all and told teh customers lies. I now have my car serviced at Chvey and I find that chevy is more like the old Saturn now (Well in the service department).

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to SaturnIONSLVUE's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help SaturnIONSLVUE reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
SaturnIONSLVUE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 09:39 AM   #10
gkl
gkl is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by briansnoopy View Post
I think my dealer knew something was about to go down, or at least did not have confidence that it was truly going to happen. They hadn't been replenishing any of their stock for the past couple months, and as I drove by earlier this week, I noticed some sales people standing around the one lone Aura they had on the lot. There were only two or three Vues. The rest was all service and trade-ins.
Are you sure your dealer had a choice? GM has been ramping down the assembly lines (Aura stopped in the spring) -- you can't order something that isn't being built.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to gkl's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help gkl reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
gkl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 02:22 PM   #11
saturn of cary -Jill

2006 VUE 3.5L

We had no choice. We were ordering inventory but it still has not been delivered.
Thanks to all for your support! It means alot, it really does.
Sincerely,
Jill
Saturn of Cary

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help saturn of cary -Jill reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 10-01-2009, 06:41 PM   #12
n3srj
n3srj is on a distinguished road

2006 VUE 2.2L

Jill,

Would like to know before they are all gone if I could purchase one of your "dealer" plate frames?

Contact me direct if you would.

n3srj@comcast.net

Thanks
Rich B.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to n3srj's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help n3srj reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
n3srj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 08:22 PM   #13
saturn of cary -Jill

2006 VUE 3.5L

I will send it for free, and we are not done yet! PM me your address. We were told we will stay in our location, sell new Saturns while we can, continue to sell pre-owned vehicles, and search for another franchise. Service is still up and running and doing warranty work.
The silence from GM and Saturn today has been deafening. I think something is still going on...
Jill
Saturn of Cary

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 10-01-2009, 08:30 PM   #14
davidsky
Master Member
davidsky will become famous soon enoughdavidsky will become famous soon enough

2005 ION-1 Sedan

Switch to Kia if you get a chance

Member of the Crank Window Club

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to davidsky's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help davidsky reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
davidsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 12:14 AM   #15
navcanman
navcanman is on a distinguished road

2009 Astra XR
2005 RELAY-2

[FONT="Franklin Gothic Medium"][SIZE="4"]It's the dealers and their employees and families I feel for, to be strung along for this long only to have the rug pulled out at the 11th hour is really a tough pill to swallow. From what I have learned in talks to the local Saturn dealer up here a similar don't worry we'll take care of you line was used by Penske until at the last moment to be told our plans don't include you folks in Canada. It is hard to really know who the bad guys in all of this are but none of the parties involved has covered themselves in glory........

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to navcanman's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help navcanman reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
navcanman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 12:27 AM   #16
VTHokie00SL2
Master Member
VTHokie00SL2 will become famous soon enoughVTHokie00SL2 will become famous soon enough

That's SOP as any employee who's been strung along by a large company can tell you. In the words of Roger Waters, "You've got to be trusted by the people that you lie to, so that when they turn your backs on you you'll get the chance to put the knife in!"

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to VTHokie00SL2's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help VTHokie00SL2 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
VTHokie00SL2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 04:51 PM   #17
marx404
Master Member
marx404 will become famous soon enough

2008 Astra XE

Well the negative sentiment here needs to stop, now. Jill was only being supportive to others and it is really low class to post things like Saturn Sucks and other 6th grade idiot hate spew.

I started here on SaturnFans in 2002 and liked the people here enough, they were supportive, friendly and helpful. I liked the camaraderie here and my Saturn so much that I went to work for Saturn.
This morning when I came to work, our dealership, Saturn of Florence SC shuttered it's doors after deciding it didn't make sense to have 2 stores, they consolidated with Columbia, almost 100 miles away. We have all lost our jobs, well at least until we get another one. I agree with Jill that what good things we learned from Saturn we will carry on wherever we go. Well said.

To all the others so busy being mean and trolling up trouble: Whatever your sentiment about Saturn, GM, Penske, Renault, Samsung, whatever, please, can you people get over it like adults and act civilized for one day and be supportive of each other instead of fighting? Arguing Sucks and so do mean people.

marx404
Saturn lives on.

1994 SL2
2002 SC2
2007 ION.3
2008 Astra XE
2004 L300.1

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to marx404's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help marx404 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
marx404 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 05:45 PM   #18
mike08vue
mike08vue is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by marx404 View Post
Well the negative sentiment here needs to stop, now. Jill was only being supportive to others and it is really low class to post things like Saturn Sucks and other 6th grade idiot hate spew.

I started here on SaturnFans in 2002 and liked the people here enough, they were supportive, friendly and helpful. I liked the camaraderie here and my Saturn so much that I went to work for Saturn.
This morning when I came to work, our dealership, Saturn of Florence SC shuttered it's doors after deciding it didn't make sense to have 2 stores, they consolidated with Columbia, almost 100 miles away. We have all lost our jobs, well at least until we get another one. I agree with Jill that what good things we learned from Saturn we will carry on wherever we go. Well said.

To all the others so busy being mean and trolling up trouble: Whatever your sentiment about Saturn, GM, Penske, Renault, Samsung, whatever, please, can you people get over it like adults and act civilized for one day and be supportive of each other instead of fighting? Arguing Sucks and so do mean people.
I wholeheartedly agree, we need to be supportive and compassionate now--many good people are losing or may lose their jobs--I've been there and its not fun--but I am confident that they will find something else and move
on. But right now they need our support--they certianly gave us support and service when we were their customers. And to those who don't like Saturn--feel free to drive something else. I'm keeping mine.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to mike08vue's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help mike08vue reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
mike08vue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 05:48 PM   #19
piney
Master Member
piney will become famous soon enoughpiney will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by marx404 View Post
This morning when I came to work, our dealership, Saturn of Florence SC shuttered it's doors after deciding it didn't make sense to have 2 stores, they consolidated with Columbia, almost 100 miles away. We have all lost our jobs, well at least until we get another one.

In all seriousness, that does suck. Good luck with the hunt.

A buddy got laid off up there and got into some govt funded job retraining program. Something to do until the economy cycles.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to piney's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help piney reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
piney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 10:44 PM   #20
Tiger
Master Member
Tiger is a jewel in the roughTiger is a jewel in the roughTiger is a jewel in the rough

1999 SL2

Jill and others, no one can take away those inner qualities and experiences unless you let them. I know I am not the brightest, but I have worked very hard all my life. It developed character and an appreciation for things. The Saturn experience for me was humane. I was treated with respect for the most part. The times that I was not made me appreciate the majority of times that were positive. My problem with purchasing a different brand of car is that it may not have such a supportive or dignified forum like this one.

Truth alone triumphs, not untruth.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Tiger's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Tiger reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Tiger is offline   Reply With Quote