SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Categories > General Saturn Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-30-2009, 05:34 PM   #21
PAGuy77
PAGuy77 is on a distinguished road

2003 ION-3 Sedan
Default Re: Detroit Free Press: Penske to Close Saturn Deal Wednesday, Jill Lajdziak Said to

This is truly a sad day for Saturn owners everywhere, myself included.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to PAGuy77's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help PAGuy77 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
PAGuy77 is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 09-30-2009, 05:39 PM   #22
Arnel
Arnel is on a distinguished road

Location: Pittsburgh, PA - Home of the World Champion Steelers & Penguins!

2001 SC2
Default Re: Detroit Free Press: Penske to Close Saturn Deal Wednesday, Jill Lajdziak Said to

93m SL1 "SLone" 145,000 mi. - RIP 10/08
94m SL2 "Ringo" 209,425 - ret. 7/31/07, RIP 10/08
01m SC2 "Lello" 129,000
07a GL VUE "Orbit" 48,900 - RIP 6/19/10
10a Ford Escape Hybrid - 8600 mi.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Arnel's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Arnel reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Arnel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 05:48 PM   #23
Teh_Freak
Teh_Freak is on a distinguished road

2008 Astra XR

Am I the only one that finds the humor in this? It's like we've all been Rick Rolled, without the music or dancing. This easily qualifies as the largest "not" joke in recent history.

-- Jon --
Red 2008 Saturn Astra XR3 (2008 - 2012 RIP) :(
Black 1987 Porsche 944
Blue 2012 Ford Focus (On Order)

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Teh_Freak's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Teh_Freak reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Teh_Freak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 05:51 PM   #24
jilly
jilly is on a distinguished road

1995 SL
1998 SL2

sad

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to jilly's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help jilly reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
jilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 05:55 PM   #25
zallen777
Advanced Member
zallen777 is on a distinguished road

2007 AURA XE
2007 AURA XR

Quote:
Originally Posted by skrashinsky View Post
Hello all,

I am a reporter with the Globe and Mail, and we are doing a story about the news that GM is winding down its Saturn brand after talks to sell it to Penske broke off. As Saturn enthusiasts, I wonder if any of you might give us your perspective today, on what is being lost with the phase-out of the Saturn brand. I can be reached at any of the coordinates below; or if you prefer, you can email me your contact information and I'd be happy to call at a convenient time. I would hope to speak with someone in the next hour or so if possible.

All the best,

Susan Krashinsky
Reporter, Report on Business
The Globe and Mail
444 Front St. West, Toronto, Ont. Canada M5V 2S9
(office) 416-585-5438, (cell) 416-200-1784
skrashinsky@globeandmail.com

The real story could be that this whole deal with Penske was a farce from the beginning. Something smells awful fishy.On the day the deal was to be announced it falls through? REALLY?

[url]http://www.zallenmusic.com[/url]
[url]http://zallenart.googlepages.com[/url]

2007 Aura XE
2007 AuraXR
05 Vue 5 spd manual
03 ION 3 Sedan Cranberry
03 ION 2 Sedan Black
99 SC2 Blkberry
95 SC2 Red

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to zallen777's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help zallen777 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
zallen777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 05:55 PM   #26
VTHokie00SL2
Master Member
VTHokie00SL2 will become famous soon enoughVTHokie00SL2 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teh_Freak View Post
Am I the only one that finds the humor in this? It's like we've all been Rick Rolled, without the music or dancing. This easily qualifies as the largest "not" joke in recent history.
Haha...yeah, that's true, except I'd like think I didn't fall for it! I was skeptical from the beginning, and wouldn't have cared about rebadged imports even if the deal had gone through. For me, Saturn died when Spring Hill built, polymer clad Saturns stopped showing up at the dealers.

Celebrity Eurosport.
When the road gets a little nervous, take one of these.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to VTHokie00SL2's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help VTHokie00SL2 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
VTHokie00SL2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 05:57 PM   #27
RoadIon
Advanced Member
RoadIon will become famous soon enough

2007 ION Red Line
2007 ION-3 Sedan

It is what it is

Well we still have a few Saturns around here, all with extended warrantys. We will go to whom ever we need to go to when they need service. I'm not worried, yet I'm not happy. I didn't plan on selling or trading my SATURNs till after the extended expired , and I'm not thinking about it now.

When the time comes to buy a new car I will look at GM and Ford if they are still American companies and I'll buy from one or the other.

GM smoke and mirrors to get rid of inventory with a little help from a friend?

Run Jill run, see Jill run.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to RoadIon's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help RoadIon reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
RoadIon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 06:03 PM   #28
MyTNSaturn
MyTNSaturn is on a distinguished road

My friends, I fear the worst has happened to Charlie. I can't reach him at home or on his cell phone. I know he was GM's biggest cheerleader and we all hope he is well.

Has anyone heard from him?

I was waiting to buy a new Saturn, but I guess I will buy a new Kia now.

I just want to let you know if you create a Kia Fans web site I will be a member for life.

Thanks for memories Charlie! If you need to talk, we are all here for you.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to MyTNSaturn's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help MyTNSaturn reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
MyTNSaturn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 06:06 PM   #29
MyTNSaturn
MyTNSaturn is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoadIon View Post
It is what it is

Well we still have a few Saturns around here, all with extended warrantys. We will go to whom ever we need to go to when they need service. I'm not worried, yet I'm not happy. I didn't plan on selling or trading my SATURNs till after the extended expired , and I'm not thinking about it now.

When the time comes to buy a new car I will look at GM and Ford if they are still American companies and I'll buy from one or the other.

GM smoke and mirrors to get rid of inventory with a little help from a friend?

Run Jill run, see Jill run.
Run Jill Run, Amen!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to MyTNSaturn's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help MyTNSaturn reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
MyTNSaturn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 06:07 PM   #30
YELO_SC2
YELO_SC2 is on a distinguished road

2001 SC2

Wow, I haven't posted on here in years, but this is a sad day for all of us and everyone ever associated with the Saturn Family (which it truly was). It all started out with such promise and ambition, but we can only hope that in some way, GM has been able to use this economic downturn as a tool to learn from and move forward. After all, Saturn started out as a laboratory for new ideas with the hopes that those which were successful would migrate back into GM as a whole. While the polymer panels and unique labor agreements have fallen by the wayside, all of us should still hold memories of Saturn as it was: an innovative attempt at elevating the quality, sustainability, and competitiveness of American car making. My thoughts go out to everyone who has already or will be losing their jobs over this, not only for the obvious reasons, but since so many people, like many of us here, though of this as much more than a car company, but as a set of ideals.

A different kind of Company. A different kind of Car.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to YELO_SC2's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help YELO_SC2 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
YELO_SC2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 06:19 PM   #31
2NDSOUT
Master Member
2NDSOUT is a jewel in the rough2NDSOUT is a jewel in the rough2NDSOUT is a jewel in the rough2NDSOUT is a jewel in the rough

1994 SL2
1999 SL

Quote:
Originally Posted by YELO_SC2 View Post
Wow, I haven't posted on here in years, but this is a sad day for all of us and everyone ever associated with the Saturn Family (which it truly was). It all started out with such promise and ambition, but we can only hope that in some way, GM has been able to use this economic downturn as a tool to learn from and move forward. After all, Saturn started out as a laboratory for new ideas with the hopes that those which were successful would migrate back into GM as a whole. While the polymer panels and unique labor agreements have fallen by the wayside, all of us should still hold memories of Saturn as it was: an innovative attempt at elevating the quality, sustainability, and competitiveness of American car making. My thoughts go out to everyone who has already or will be losing their jobs over this, not only for the obvious reasons, but since so many people, like many of us here, though of this as much more than a car company, but as a set of ideals.

A different kind of Company. A different kind of Car.
Hey Yellow SC2...long time no talk. Yes, this is a sad day.

What is it that they say; when someone dies, you see and hear from people that you haven't heard from in a while?

Hope that life is treating you good out in California. Keep in touch.

Bryan

94SL2 HCE, "Pearl"

99 SL

94SL2 260K Miles
1/15

97SW2 266K Miles
2/15

Always
94SC1 340,501 Miles
Org. Engine/Auto Trans
2/97-10/08
Gone 3/12

92SL1
05VUE
91SC

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to 2NDSOUT's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help 2NDSOUT reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
2NDSOUT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 06:20 PM   #32
justVUEit
justVUEit is on a distinguished road

2007 AURA XR
2002 VUE 2.2L

As I said in other forums thre is no way I'm going back to Chevy. GM blew it, and may GM rest in piece. No way I'll *ever* set foot in a GM dealership again.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to justVUEit's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help justVUEit reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
justVUEit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 06:27 PM   #33
Todd
Todd is on a distinguished road

Sad, sad news. I was so hoping Saturn would get back to being Saturn.

-----------
http://www.saturnfans.com/forums/blog.php?u=1995

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Todd's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Todd reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Todd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 07:32 PM   #34
ptrentacosta
ptrentacosta is on a distinguished road

1994 SL2
1995 SC1

I wonder if Jill Lajdziak will now tear up her retirement papers and stay with GM.....who knows, maybe Renault-Samsung struck a better back room deal with GM and plan to cut ol' Roger out of the picture completely. How's that for a conspiracy theory

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to ptrentacosta's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help ptrentacosta reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
ptrentacosta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 08:33 PM   #35
piney
Master Member
piney will become famous soon enoughpiney will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie View Post
That's what I'm hearing. The reports that suggest she won't be joining Penske are wrong. She needed to retire from GM in order to move on to the Penske organization.

Charlie
She going to be selling used cars as they ain't buying the brand.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to piney's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help piney reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
piney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 08:50 PM   #36
DeMAN
Advanced Member
DeMAN is on a distinguished road

1995 SC2

Quote:
Originally Posted by piney View Post
So is she retiring to work at Wal-Mart or is she retiring to run Saturn V2.0?
Maybe she can convince Walmart to buy Saturn. The have the money and the might to bring down prices....................

DeMAN

95 SC2
97 Grand Prix GTP
06 Acura TL

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to DeMAN's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help DeMAN reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
DeMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 08:53 PM   #37
piney
Master Member
piney will become famous soon enoughpiney will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeMAN View Post
Maybe she can convince Walmart to buy Saturn. The have the money and the might to bring down prices....................
And they will immediately have all Saturns Made in China, just like all of their products. Sam Walton would have stroke if he saw what they sell there now.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to piney's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help piney reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
piney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 09:23 PM   #38
jimsz
jimsz is on a distinguished road

is there a site kiafans.com?

Once my ION dies that is it for me for a GM car. They should have left Saturn alone instead of making it simply another GM car.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to jimsz's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help jimsz reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
jimsz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 09:26 PM   #39
unkle bik
Master Member
unkle bik is a jewel in the roughunkle bik is a jewel in the roughunkle bik is a jewel in the roughunkle bik is a jewel in the rough

2007 AURA XR
2008 Astra XE

Quote:
Originally Posted by skrashinsky View Post
Hello all,

I am a reporter with the Globe and Mail, and we are doing a story about the news that GM is winding down its Saturn brand after talks to sell it to Penske broke off. As Saturn enthusiasts, I wonder if any of you might give us your perspective today, on what is being lost with the phase-out of the Saturn brand. I can be reached at any of the coordinates below; or if you prefer, you can email me your contact information and I'd be happy to call at a convenient time. I would hope to speak with someone in the next hour or so if possible.

All the best,

Susan Krashinsky
Reporter, Report on Business
The Globe and Mail
444 Front St. West, Toronto, Ont. Canada M5V 2S9
(office) 416-585-5438, (cell) 416-200-1784
skrashinsky@globeandmail.com
I would say, just copy-n-paste some of the responses made here on SF. That ought to give you a start...

93 SW2
96 SL2
01 SL2
02 L200
08 Astra Xe
07 Aura XR

Complacency leads to mediocrity.
Mediocrity leads to our demise.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to unkle bik's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help unkle bik reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
unkle bik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 09:29 PM   #40
unkle bik
Master Member
unkle bik is a jewel in the roughunkle bik is a jewel in the roughunkle bik is a jewel in the roughunkle bik is a jewel in the rough

2007 AURA XR
2008 Astra XE

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyTNSaturn View Post
I was waiting to buy a new Saturn, but I guess I will buy a new Kia now.

I just want to let you know if you create a Kia Fans web site I will be a member for life.

That's about as disgusting as pissing on someone's grave before they even got cold...

Kia?? WTF??

93 SW2
96 SL2
01 SL2
02 L200
08 Astra Xe
07 Aura XR

Complacency leads to mediocrity.
Mediocrity leads to our demise.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to unkle bik's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help unkle bik reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
unkle bik is offline   Reply With Quote