SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Categories > General Saturn Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-26-2009, 10:02 PM   #1
spork
spork is on a distinguished road

2000 L-Series 2.2L Sedan
Default What do Saturns go for today?

With the brand being pretty much dead, what are Saturn cars going for these days? I would assume you could get a "new" one at used prices since there is no company to speak of anymore. I paid $14,800 for my stripped LS back in 2000. I'd bet you could get a pretty well equipped Aura for less than that now.

The local Saturn store is now Kia. From other messages I have seen, I guess that is not too uncommon.

"Don't blame me, I voted for Kodos"

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to spork's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help spork reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
spork is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 06-26-2009, 11:25 PM   #2
piney
Master Member
piney will become famous soon enoughpiney will become famous soon enough

Default Re: What do Saturns go for today?

That is a good question. There are perennial cash back offers, rebates, finance deals and sales but nobody ever seems to advertise anything below a few grand under sticker.

Before I bought my previous CRV-SE, I knew what it'd sell for on a cash deal after reading the Edmund's forums. There seems to be no such form here. Sure, Saturn doesn't deal but that was before.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to piney's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help piney reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
piney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2009, 08:15 AM   #3
Tiger
Master Member
Tiger is a jewel in the roughTiger is a jewel in the roughTiger is a jewel in the rough

1999 SL2

The local dealership had a huge inflatable monkey on the roof with a few signs saying "Huge Sale". Made the dealership look desperate for a sale.

Truth alone triumphs, not untruth.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Tiger's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Tiger reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Tiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2009, 09:52 AM   #4
Sierra185
Sierra185 is on a distinguished road

I have been trying to get a deal on an Aura XE with prefered package. They have lots of stock (61) but not enough discount to get me into one yet. About $20,500.00 including 6% Michingan sales tax.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Sierra185's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Sierra185 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Sierra185 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2009, 06:03 PM   #5
spork

2000 L-Series 2.2L Sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger View Post
The local dealership had a huge inflatable monkey on the roof with a few signs saying "Huge Sale". Made the dealership look desperate for a sale.
You should get a picture of that and post it. That kind of encapsulates the whole thing that is going on with Saturn now.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help spork reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 06-27-2009, 08:04 PM   #6
davidsky
Master Member
davidsky will become famous soon enoughdavidsky will become famous soon enough

2005 ION-1 Sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by spork View Post
The local Saturn store is now Kia. From other messages I have seen, I guess that is not too uncommon.
Kia sells to Saturn's old type of customer.

Member of the Crank Window Club

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to davidsky's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help davidsky reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
davidsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2009, 11:06 PM   #7
Tiger
Master Member
Tiger is a jewel in the roughTiger is a jewel in the roughTiger is a jewel in the rough

1999 SL2

Quote:
You should get a picture of that and post it. That kind of encapsulates the whole thing that is going on with Saturn now.

Are those swimming trunks? Most be on the Coast....

I thought of getting a picture, but I was going 40 mph. It did remind me of a Circus.

Truth alone triumphs, not untruth.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Tiger's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Tiger reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Tiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 01:09 AM   #8
s-seriesguy
s-seriesguy will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidsky View Post
Kia sells to Saturn's old type of customer.
Are you serious? I dout that. I liked the older Saturns and there is no way in hell that I'd ever have a kia

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to s-seriesguy's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help s-seriesguy reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
s-seriesguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 01:30 AM   #9
cstack3
cstack3 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sierra185 View Post
I have been trying to get a deal on an Aura XE with prefered package. They have lots of stock (61) but not enough discount to get me into one yet. About $20,500.00 including 6% Michingan sales tax.
Maybe you should seek out a smaller dealer? I've got my eye on the same car, but the big Saturn dealer in Naperville, IL has a major attitude problem!

So, I went over to Downers Grove dealer, they seem much more laid back. Plus they teamed with a few other small Saturn dealers and actually have 2008 Astras at very attractive prices (used), with about 50 miles on the odometer.

I wasn't attracted to the Astra when it was priced up with the Civic, but now I'm thinking about it vs. the Aura. Give it a few weeks, there will be a lot of pressure to move 2009 iron off of the lot. Rock on!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to cstack3's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help cstack3 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
cstack3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 08:50 AM   #10
Sierra185

Quote:
Originally Posted by cstack3 View Post
Maybe you should seek out a smaller dealer? I've got my eye on the same car, but the big Saturn dealer in Naperville, IL has a major attitude problem!

So, I went over to Downers Grove dealer, they seem much more laid back. Plus they teamed with a few other small Saturn dealers and actually have 2008 Astras at very attractive prices (used), with about 50 miles on the odometer.

I wasn't attracted to the Astra when it was priced up with the Civic, but now I'm thinking about it vs. the Aura. Give it a few weeks, there will be a lot of pressure to move 2009 iron off of the lot. Rock on!

Yes, I am waiting to see if there is a 4th of July sale. All the dealers will tell me is the current offers end at the end of the month, and I should buy now. The one dealer had 62 Auras in stock two months ago and is down to 61 now. I would think the incentives would go up soon.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help Sierra185 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 06-28-2009, 09:45 AM   #11
piney
Master Member
piney will become famous soon enoughpiney will become famous soon enough

Quote:
They are smoking crack if they think they will get that kind of price. My 2008 Malibu LS (strippo model) was 16,901 last May. Don't pay sales tax or dealer fees when bought through work so that was the price. With all the dealerdrama these days and all these money off deals, you should be able to get your Aura for 17k plus tax. Even then, it should be less if they could sell my Malibu for that last year. Keep waiting, they'll cave in eventually.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to piney's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help piney reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
piney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 11:56 AM   #12
rossao1
Advanced Member
rossao1 is on a distinguished road

2006 ION-3 Sedan

Quote:
With the brand being pretty much dead,....
Got pessimism?

A Saturn owner since 10/91.
'92 SC, '91 SL2, 95 SW1, '06 ION3
other car- '02 Expedition 5.4L

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to rossao1's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help rossao1 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
rossao1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 07:08 PM   #13
Sierra185

I just got a call from the dealer today, said most of the GM incentives are going away tomorrow. NO CREDIT UNION REBATE, NO MILITARY REBATE. Sounds like they are going to rely on the cash for clunkers rebates as their new incentive program. If that is the they want to sell cars, then I not getting one....no junk car to trade in.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 06-29-2009, 09:04 PM   #14
briansnoopy
briansnoopy is on a distinguished road

2006 ION-3 Quad Coupe
2001 SC2

Quote:
Yes, I am waiting to see if there is a 4th of July sale. All the dealers will tell me is the current offers end at the end of the month, and I should buy now. The one dealer had 62 Auras in stock two months ago and is down to 61 now. I would think the incentives would go up soon.
in Wall Street Journal:
In the second week of July, GM will start advertising deals on Saturn vehicles in a bid to clear dealer inventories.

2015 Honda Civic Si
2006 Ion3 2.4 Coupe 5-sp "Orion"
2001 SC2 "Sharky"
1997 SC2

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to briansnoopy's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help briansnoopy reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
briansnoopy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 01:09 AM   #15
cstack3
cstack3 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by briansnoopy View Post
in Wall Street Journal:
In the second week of July, GM will start advertising deals on Saturn vehicles in a bid to clear dealer inventories.
Cool, thanks! We forget that GM still owns the brand until Penske's acquisition goes through.

Good luck if GM is counting on Cash for Clunkers! I'd trade in my 1995 Pontiac Grand AM (3.1 L V6), but it doesn't make the cutoff of 18 mpg combined. Not many automobiles hit that number apparently, it is mostly trucks & SUVs.

However, with new injectors, front wheel bearings and new tires, I'm presently getting 29 MPG highway and 24 MPG combined from the old boat!

Still, if Mr. Obama wants to give me $3500, I'll gladly trade her in for that new Aura XE!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to cstack3's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help cstack3 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
cstack3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 05:55 AM   #16
kilcher
Advanced Member
kilcher is on a distinguished road

Quote:
I just got a call from the dealer today, said most of the GM incentives are going away tomorrow. NO CREDIT UNION REBATE, NO MILITARY REBATE. Sounds like they are going to rely on the cash for clunkers rebates as their new incentive program. If that is the they want to sell cars, then I not getting one....no junk car to trade in.
Rebates almost always go away at the end of the month. They'll be replaced by something else.

SixFlagsForum.com
VeggieBoards.com

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to kilcher's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help kilcher reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
kilcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 01:23 PM   #17
spork

2000 L-Series 2.2L Sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by rossao1 View Post
Got pessimism?
Yeah, I do since the only Saturn dealer in the area closed and then converted to Kia in the last month. And the couple of times I stopped in a few months before they closed it looked like a ghost town.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 06-30-2009, 05:57 PM   #18
Sierra185

Dizzy Re: What do Saturns go for today?

Quote:
Originally Posted by briansnoopy View Post
in Wall Street Journal:

Thanks, I appreciate any information about future rebates, that information is hard to come by. I will be watching to see what comes in July, but I don't have a lot of hope the deal will get better. I started looking in March, and every month since, GM renames the rebates. One rebate did go away, so the price is up $1000.00. Now I get messages from two different dealers to buy now because tomorrow the price goes up another $1000.00. No haggle dealing.... I can't negotiate a lower price, but they just keep raising it.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 06-30-2009, 07:52 PM   #19
davidsky
Master Member
davidsky will become famous soon enoughdavidsky will become famous soon enough

2005 ION-1 Sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by s-seriesguy View Post
Are you serious? I dout that. I liked the older Saturns and there is no way in hell that I'd ever have a kia

Why not? Both are/were simple, affordable small cars. The S-series was often purchased by people with lower incomes, so are Kias.
Kia has a small company/underdog feel, battling the giants like Honda and Toyota, much like Saturn vs Ford, Dodge, and even Chevy (and Honda and Toyota later on)
If you just hate foreign cars that's fair but obviously the majority of the country disagrees with you.
Did you buy your Saturns new?
I bought my Saturn new, and I would not buy another.
Nothing wrong with the car, I just wouldn't be able to afford a new Saturn (or want to pay that much). Assuming I would not want a used car (hypothetical, I'm OK with used) I'd be shopping Yaris, Versa, Spectra, Rio, Accent, xD, Aveo, Focus as opposed to any new Saturn

Member of the Crank Window Club

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to davidsky's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help davidsky reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
davidsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 09:45 PM   #20
adventureoflink
Master Member
adventureoflink has a spectacular aura aboutadventureoflink has a spectacular aura aboutadventureoflink has a spectacular aura about

1997 SL2

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidsky View Post
I'd be shopping Yaris, Versa, Spectra, Rio, Accent, xD, Aveo, Focus as opposed to any new Saturn
I'd personally take the Focus over anything else you listed.

97 SL2
DOB: 3/19/97
Date Obtained: 5/30/07

2004 Merc G.Marquis GS
DOB: 2/4/04
Date Obtained: 7/6/12

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to adventureoflink's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help adventureoflink reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
adventureoflink is offline   Reply With Quote