SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Categories > General Saturn Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-27-2009, 10:57 AM   #1
Charlie
Administrator
Charlie is a splendid one to beholdCharlie is a splendid one to beholdCharlie is a splendid one to beholdCharlie is a splendid one to beholdCharlie is a splendid one to beholdCharlie is a splendid one to beholdCharlie is a splendid one to beholdCharlie is a splendid one to behold

2008 Outlook XR
2005 VUE Red Line
Default Retailers Have Plenty of Resolve

A new feeditems entry has been added:

Retailers Have Plenty of Resolve

Quote:
Tom Walsh from the Detroit Free Press: At Saturn of Warren, general sales manager Kevin Bilski said people were stunned in December when GM said it would sell or discard Saturn. "It was like being told your parents don't love you anymore," he said. But folks perked up a few months later when Roger Penske expressed interest in Saturn. Penske hasn't closed the purchase deal with GM yet or gone public with his plan for the brand's future, "but just that name Penske brings a lot of positive press," Bilski said. "GM never knew what to do with Saturn. We were the redheaded stepchild," said Carl Galeana, 57, vice president of the Galeana Auto Group that his father, Frank, founded in 1974.

2008 Saturn Outlook XR
2005 VUE Red Line
2002 L300 (sold)

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Charlie's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Charlie reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Charlie is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 09-27-2009, 02:25 PM   #2
BobbyP
Master Member
BobbyP is just really niceBobbyP is just really niceBobbyP is just really niceBobbyP is just really nice

2006 VUE Red Line
2007 SKY
Default Re: Retailers Have Plenty of Resolve

The New Orleans retailers didn't have any resolve. They were quite happy to take the money from the large number of South Louisiana and Mississippi Saturn owners for 17 years then dropped them like a hot rock to switch over to KIA and Audi dealerships when they heard GM was selling Saturn...

I've been to Saturn of Warren and they're a fantastic retailer.

2006 Black VUE Red Line - Now running iOS 11

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to BobbyP's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help BobbyP reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
BobbyP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 03:28 PM   #3
Jaseball
Master Member
Jaseball will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyP View Post
The New Orleans retailers didn't have any resolve. They were quite happy to take the money from the large number of South Louisiana and Mississippi Saturn owners for 17 years then dropped them like a hot rock to switch over to KIA and Audi dealerships when they heard GM was selling Saturn...

I've been to Saturn of Warren and they're a fantastic retailer.

Yeah, Northern Bay Area Saturn dealers are pretty much gone. I just go to the former Saturn of Concord dealer, which now sells Chevy. Oakland, Fremont, and several other former dealers have folded or changed brands. I think Fairfield is gone now too.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Jaseball's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Jaseball reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Jaseball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 03:30 PM   #4
SinCitySaturn
SinCitySaturn is on a distinguished road

2008 VUE 3.6L
1997 SL2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie View Post
A new feeditems entry has been added:

Retailers Have Plenty of Resolve
Great to know some retailers are holding on for the bright future Saturn has

Saturn Saved The Best For Last
Live for Nothing...Or Die For Something

2008 Vue XR 3.6
1997 SL2 Auto 110K miles as of 12-14-13
<-----2002 Chevrolet Camaro SS 35th Anniversary

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to SinCitySaturn's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help SinCitySaturn reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
SinCitySaturn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 04:16 PM   #5
emg77
Advanced Member
emg77 has a spectacular aura aboutemg77 has a spectacular aura aboutemg77 has a spectacular aura about

2008 Astra XR

I've had great experiences with Saturn of Warren. I bought my Astra there and my one service experience there was outstanding. I hope they continue to do well.

Drives: 2014 Volt, 2015 Acadia
Past Cars: 08 Astra, 12 Enclave, 09 Traverse, 05 Vue, 04 Grand Prix, 00 Alero, 97 LeSabre, 72 Cutlass S

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to emg77's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help emg77 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
emg77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 04:51 PM   #6
page2171
page2171 will become famous soon enough

My nearest Saturn retailers are now 25 and 35 miles away. Going to either one I drive past Kia of Oceanside (formerly Saturn of West 78) which is 5 miles from my house. Chances of me shopping for a new Saturn...pretty slim unless they have a very compelling product.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to page2171's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help page2171 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
page2171 is offline   Reply With Quote