SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn S-Series > S-Series Tech
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-22-2009, 11:31 AM   #1
duncan
duncan is on a distinguished road

Default Fuel line leak

I hit something in the road last night and immediately smelled gas. When I stop a puddle of gas appears right under the driver door where I get out.

So clearly I have a leak in the fuel line but I can't get under to look at it. I have outdoor parking and it's pouring rain today. I can't do this work myself, is it likely to be an expensive fix? Is it possible to temporarily patch the line for a few days until I have time to get it fixed properly?

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to duncan's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help duncan reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
duncan is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 09-22-2009, 12:08 PM   #2
Low Saturn
Low Saturn is a splendid one to beholdLow Saturn is a splendid one to beholdLow Saturn is a splendid one to beholdLow Saturn is a splendid one to beholdLow Saturn is a splendid one to beholdLow Saturn is a splendid one to behold

2008 AURA XE
Default Re: Fuel line leak

Without knowing exactly what the problem is, it's kinda hard to guess how to fix it.

The fuel lines are in the are you describe. Might have to replace the line that connects to the fuel pump that runs under the car.

Mike

-1991 Turbo SL2 - Gone, but not forgotten.
11.809 @ 116.488 mph
www.differentracing.com

-2001 Chevrolet Suburban
-2011 Rally Yellow Chevrolet Camaro 2SS RS

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Low Saturn's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Low Saturn reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Low Saturn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 12:31 PM   #3
Leafy
Leafy is on a distinguished road

1994 SL2

they're hardlines if I'm not mistaken, you you'd have to pull it off the car, use a mini pipe cutter to cut out a section of pipe, use a flare too to flare the ends and use flare couplers to splice in a new section, it'd be easier and possibly cheaper just to do the whole thing.

if I'm wrong and its rubber thats really simple, just splice in a brace barb splice and use good hose clamps.

1994 SL2 HCE auto 113 hp 113 lbft (wheel) backup car
2002 Chevy Cavalier SS
For Sale: FlyWheel, Shifter assembly, Clutch Hydros, 1st gen 5 spd PCM. PM me for prices.

WPI class of '12 ME

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Leafy's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Leafy reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Leafy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 12:33 PM   #4
hholbein
hholbein is on a distinguished road

1997 SW2

Please post your model year as well. Although I'm sorry to hear about the problem, if you have a mid-90s model, the debris might have struck the fuel line that's part of the fuel filter assembly (~$30), which is located near the driver's side wheel. That part is relatively easy to replace, I can't say about other fuel system lines....

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to hholbein's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help hholbein reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
hholbein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 02:51 PM   #5
duncan
duncan is on a distinguished road

Sorry, it's a 92 sl.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to duncan's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help duncan reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
duncan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 04:12 PM   #6
OldNuc
OldNuc has a brilliant futureOldNuc has a brilliant futureOldNuc has a brilliant futureOldNuc has a brilliant futureOldNuc has a brilliant futureOldNuc has a brilliant futureOldNuc has a brilliant futureOldNuc has a brilliant futureOldNuc has a brilliant futureOldNuc has a brilliant futureOldNuc has a brilliant future

1998 SC2

NAPA sells a Hard line repair kit. Its either that or snag a replacement from a junk yard. The first thing to do is determine whether its the fuel pump feed line or the regulator return.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to OldNuc's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help OldNuc reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
OldNuc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 05:44 AM   #7
SWMark
SWMark is on a distinguished road

I too discovered a fuel line leak in my 93 wagon last night.

Is the repair kit an easy solution or should I replace the line?

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to SWMark's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help SWMark reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
SWMark is offline   Reply With Quote