SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Categories > General Saturn Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-13-2010, 03:58 PM   #1
R.I.P. Saturn
R.I.P. Saturn is on a distinguished road

2007 VUE 3.6L
2002 SL2
Default My Saturns

I am new here and just thought I would make a post to say hi to everyone and to give a brief description of my Saturn vehicles and how I came to love Saturn. I live in Tallhassee, FL and knew several people who bought Saturn SLs when they came on the market back in the early 90s and they all loved them. Around 1998 I bought my first Saturn from Saturn of Tallahassee, a used 1996 SL2. This was a great car but never having owned a new car before I traded it in a few years later (mid Sept. of 01) on a new cranberry colored SL2 from the same dealer. By the way, buying from Saturn of Tallahassee was a pleasure. Their sevice was top notch also as all warranty work was done right the first time and I never had to haggle or beg them to do warranty work. I can't say the same for other dealers here. Anyway I currently have over 82000 trouble free miles in this car (have only had maintenance work done in that time) and still love the car. It has a rear spolier, gold pin stripe ending with the Saturn emblem and alloy wheels. When the Vue came out my wife wanted one so in Aug of 06, for her birthday, we purchased a new 07 V6 Vue from Saturn of Tallhassee. Later I learned that this vehicle was equiped with a Honda engine/tranny which is pretty cool. In fact this model year was the last year the Honda drivetrain was used. I read an article about how GM and Honda had agreed to swap engines in certain vehicles for a time. Honda decided not to renew the agreement so it ended. We love both vehicles and plan to keep both as long as parts are available and can keep them running. Both are in stock condition, no mods of any kind, and look just as they did when purchased new. In fact they still have the original stickers on the glass and such, like the Made in Springhill Tennesse Sticker on the rear door glass, the childproof locks sticker, ect. Both have nice original paint, original interior, floor mats, ect. Even have the maroony stickers as well as the dealership license plate brackets for both. Well thats my story and hope I didn't bore you guys too much.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to R.I.P. Saturn's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help R.I.P. Saturn reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
R.I.P. Saturn is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links