SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Vue > Vue Tech
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-19-2009, 10:21 AM   #1
oldvue
oldvue is on a distinguished road

Default Help! - Timing Belt L81 - AC Delco -Rock Auto Kit - Timing Mark Question

Hello Everyone...

Back working on the 03 V6 Vue, doing the timing belt. Question I have is the factory marks on the belt. (I accidentally threw out the instruction sheet) Do you use the "yellow" marks on the belt for the timing marks? Those are the only sets I can use to line up banks 3 & 4 on the white.

Thanks for any help!

Any other "Gotcha's" I should watch out for on this?

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to oldvue's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help oldvue reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
oldvue is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 09-20-2009, 12:39 PM   #2
Chazberry
Master Member
Chazberry is a splendid one to beholdChazberry is a splendid one to beholdChazberry is a splendid one to beholdChazberry is a splendid one to beholdChazberry is a splendid one to beholdChazberry is a splendid one to beholdChazberry is a splendid one to behold

2003 VUE 3.0L
2007 VUE 3.5L
Default Re: Help! - Timing Belt L81 - AC Delco -Rock Auto Kit - Timing Mark Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldvue View Post
Do you use the "yellow" marks on the belt for the timing marks? Those are the only sets I can use to line up banks 3 & 4 on the white.
I'm in the middle of this job, but with the Gates kit. I've got yellow marks on the Crank and Cams 1 & 2, and white marks on Cams 3 & 4.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Crank.JPG (111.4 KB, 549 views)
File Type: jpg 1&2.JPG (105.0 KB, 302 views)
File Type: jpg 3&4.JPG (121.5 KB, 529 views)

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Chazberry's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Chazberry reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Chazberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 05:05 PM   #3
t0030tr
t0030tr is on a distinguished road

2000 SC2
2003 VUE 3.0L
Default Re: Help! - Timing Belt L81 - AC Delco -Rock Auto Kit - Timing Mark Question

I was just curious what size bolt you used for the timing gears? Also did you wrap any thing around the threads?

Thanks

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to t0030tr's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help t0030tr reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
t0030tr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 09:55 PM   #4
Chazberry
Master Member
Chazberry is a splendid one to beholdChazberry is a splendid one to beholdChazberry is a splendid one to beholdChazberry is a splendid one to beholdChazberry is a splendid one to beholdChazberry is a splendid one to beholdChazberry is a splendid one to behold

2003 VUE 3.0L
2007 VUE 3.5L

Quote:
Originally Posted by t0030tr View Post
I was just curious what size bolt you used for the timing gears? Also did you wrap any thing around the threads?
I used a 5/16" Carriage Bolt with a Rubber Washer under a Fender Washer. I didn't wrap the threads with anything. There's another pic here . . .
http://www.saturnfans.com/forums/att...2&d=1282931214

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help Chazberry reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 09-16-2010, 03:19 PM   #5
Venomized
Venomized is on a distinguished road

2006 VUE 3.5L

Cool idea about the carriage bolt to lock everything together. What length bolt did you use?

06 Vue AWD V6
01 Grand Cherokee
05 Gulfstream Conquest 28 foot class C

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Venomized's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Venomized reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Venomized is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 03:55 PM   #6
Chazberry
Master Member

2003 VUE 3.0L
2007 VUE 3.5L

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venomized View Post
Cool idea about the carriage bolt to lock everything together. What length bolt did you use?
I think it was 3", but a 2" would probably be long enough.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!