SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Vue > Vue General
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-17-2009, 05:08 PM   #1
cam
cam is on a distinguished road

2007 VUE 2.2L
2007 ION-3 Sedan
Default Cup storage/central compartment

Does anyone know if this compartment which sits between the armrests on the 2003-2007 VUE is water tight? In other words, someone (my wife) spilled some tea (which was in an oversized, overfilled container) into this area and I immediately removed the rubber cup holder inserts and the hard plastic inserts and finally realized there is a rubber mat at the bottom which I also removed but there appears to be a seam which runs along the bottom and up the front and back of the compartment. It also got on the accordion or sliding top which folds into the back of the compartment.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to cam's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help cam reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
cam is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 10-08-2009, 01:22 PM   #2
fireman591
fireman591 is on a distinguished road

2005 VUE 3.5L
Default Re: Cup storage/central compartment

There are some pictures in my thread of what is under the storage unit

http://www.saturnfans.com/forums/sho...=141110&page=3

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to fireman591's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help fireman591 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
fireman591 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 01:59 AM   #3
cam

2007 VUE 2.2L
2007 ION-3 Sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by fireman591 View Post
There are some pictures in my thread of what is under the storage unit

I can't seem to find any pictures of what is under the storage unit. I tried opening the link but see pictures of the wheels and brake assembly only.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to cam's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help cam reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 10-13-2009, 05:25 PM   #4
DavidBo
DavidBo will become famous soon enough

2002 VUE 2.2L

I recently removed the center console of my wife's 2002 Vue for a similar reason. There was a controller unit under there with a yellow plug, which means airbags, which means live grenade...something to keep in mind if you're working around there. I remember reading somewhere that anytime you work in this area the airbag system should be disabled, not as easy as it sounds. I cleaned up the console parts (it comes off in two pieces) and reinstalled it as gently as possible. None of the coffee got past the console or near any electrics, including the rear power plug that has to be disconnected. Just remember to respect any airbag component, bad things happen when they get upset!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to DavidBo's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help DavidBo reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
DavidBo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 06:19 PM   #5
cam

2007 VUE 2.2L
2007 ION-3 Sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidBo View Post
I recently removed the center console of my wife's 2002 Vue for a similar reason. There was a controller unit under there with a yellow plug, which means airbags, which means live grenade...something to keep in mind if you're working around there. I remember reading somewhere that anytime you work in this area the airbag system should be disabled, not as easy as it sounds. I cleaned up the console parts (it comes off in two pieces) and reinstalled it as gently as possible. None of the coffee got past the console or near any electrics, including the rear power plug that has to be disconnected. Just remember to respect any airbag component, bad things happen when they get upset!
Thanks very much for your reply. Looks like our wives have something in common.
I didn't dismatle the unit. I just removed the rubber cup holder and the liner which sits on the base of the unit. I wiped the accordion fold top as best as I could. I was concerned that the liquid may have leaked through the bottom and would possibly stain the carpet or get on some wiring but by the sounds of your message, it would appear the compartment is in fact leak proof. It was only about 1 or 2 oz of liquid but needless to say, I was still peeved.

I was told this link had some pics of what is below the compartment but can't seem to find/open them...

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to cam's Reputation
Old 10-13-2009, 09:20 PM   #6
far2grumpy
Master Member
far2grumpy is a splendid one to beholdfar2grumpy is a splendid one to beholdfar2grumpy is a splendid one to beholdfar2grumpy is a splendid one to beholdfar2grumpy is a splendid one to beholdfar2grumpy is a splendid one to beholdfar2grumpy is a splendid one to behold

2005 VUE 3.5L
2007 VUE 3.5L

Quote:
Originally Posted by cam View Post
Thanks very much for your reply. Looks like our wives have something in common.
I didn't dismatle the unit. I just removed the rubber cup holder and the liner which sits on the base of the unit. I wiped the accordion fold top as best as I could. I was concerned that the liquid may have leaked through the bottom and would possibly stain the carpet or get on some wiring but by the sounds of your message, it would appear the compartment is in fact leak proof. It was only about 1 or 2 oz of liquid but needless to say, I was still peeved.

I was told this link had some pics of what is below the compartment but can't seem to find/open them...

Use the thread - go to post # 59 and scroll to last photo. The console fits next to the parking brake handle. You can also see the air bag control
module mentioned by DavidBo.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to far2grumpy's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help far2grumpy reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
far2grumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 09:24 PM   #7
cam

2007 VUE 2.2L
2007 ION-3 Sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by far2grumpy View Post
Use the thread - go to post # 59 and scroll to last photo. The console fits next to the parking brake handle. You can also see the air bag control
module mentioned by DavidBo.
Hello.
Did as you advised. Went to post 59 by fireman591 but no link to any photos at my end. Am I doing something wrong?
Here is what I am looking at...

Re: Sound deadening project W/(pictures)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OK I finally finished the seating area under the carpet. All I can say is WOW!!!!
The car is silent up to 55mph after that you can start to hear the wind noise but nothing like before I insulated it. I ended up using 3 rolls of 18"x24' reflectix,1 roll of duct tape and 1 can of spray adhesive.
Have a good one
Fireman591

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to cam's Reputation
Old 10-13-2009, 10:04 PM   #8
far2grumpy
Master Member
far2grumpy is a splendid one to beholdfar2grumpy is a splendid one to beholdfar2grumpy is a splendid one to beholdfar2grumpy is a splendid one to beholdfar2grumpy is a splendid one to beholdfar2grumpy is a splendid one to beholdfar2grumpy is a splendid one to behold

2005 VUE 3.5L
2007 VUE 3.5L

The photos are not linked but embedded in the post ... it appears you have some sort of configuration issue ... are you signed in?

If so, and you still can't view, you might go to FAQ and see how you setup to view embedded photos.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help far2grumpy reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 10-13-2009, 10:14 PM   #9
cam

2007 VUE 2.2L
2007 ION-3 Sedan

Quote:
The photos are not linked but embedded in the post ... it appears you have some sort of configuration issue ... are you signed in?

If so, and you still can't view, you might go to FAQ and see how you setup to view embedded photos.
Yes, I am logged in and I can see your photos OK in the left column.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to cam's Reputation
Old 10-14-2009, 09:18 AM   #10
far2grumpy
Master Member

2005 VUE 3.5L
2007 VUE 3.5L

Quote:
Originally Posted by cam View Post
Yes, I am logged in and I can see your photos OK in the left column.
cam ... I extracted the photo and can email if you PM an address.

Just curious ... which operating system and browser are you using?

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 10-14-2009, 12:53 PM   #11
fireman591
fireman591 is on a distinguished road

2005 VUE 3.5L

I just checked my link and the photos are still there. Not sure why you can't see them Cam

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to fireman591's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help fireman591 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
fireman591 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 06:17 PM   #12
cam

2007 VUE 2.2L
2007 ION-3 Sedan

Quote:
cam ... I extracted the photo and can email if you PM an address.

Just curious ... which operating system and browser are you using?
Well guess what? I could see your photos but not Fireman's but I just tried opening them on my home computer and all is fine.
Must be all the firewalls and internet protection on the company machines.
I really appreciate your help in offering to email them to me.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to cam's Reputation
Old 10-14-2009, 06:20 PM   #13
cam

2007 VUE 2.2L
2007 ION-3 Sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by fireman591 View Post
I just checked my link and the photos are still there. Not sure why you can't see them Cam
Hi. Looks like the company machines have so much internet protection that I guess they were blocking the photos, but usually we get a warning stating that the web site or photo was blocked for whatever reason.
I can see them fine on my home computer.
Thanks very much for your help. It looks like you went to a lot of work but I guess the end result is worth the effort.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to cam's Reputation