SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Aura > Aura General
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-11-2009, 08:24 AM   #1
Badman
Badman is on a distinguished road

2007 AURA XR
Default Lip Spoiler install

Does any have instruction for the LSS-21 lip spoiler? Mine came with the brass screws in the ends. I know I have to drill 2 holes on wach side but I don't have a pattern to line up the holes.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Badman's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Badman reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Badman is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 09-11-2009, 11:05 AM   #2
ingear67
ingear67 is on a distinguished road

2009 AURA XE
Default Re: Lip Spoiler install

The spoiler I installed had the same srews on the end plus double side tape to stick it on. To drill the bolts holes I made a cardboard cutout for each end with a hole for the bolt. I then put doudle sided tape on the bottom of the cardboard and position the spoiler on the car so the it was centered and position like I wanted it. The cardboard was then pushed onto the trunk lid and I was able to drill the holes on the outside. But you then have to cut a hole on the bottom of the trunk so you can put the nuts on the bolts. I used a punch and tapped it from the holes I just drilled on top of the trunk to make a mark on the bottom of the trunk lid. Using that mark I then cut a hole large enought to be able to install the nuts on the spoiler bolts. You then need to test fit and hope everything lines up. If it does you may want to then use some primier on the bare metal of the holes you just drilled so they won't rust. After the primier was dry I installed the spoiler by placing it on the trunk and just barley installing the nuts on the bolts. Before I snugged them down I remove from one side to the other the double sided tape protective covering so it would stick to the trunk. Once all of the tape was stuck to the trunk I then snugged down the nuts for teh spolier. Since the bottom holes are expose went you open the trunk I used some rubber plugs to seal the holes. I hope this helps and just take you time and measure/check it twice (or even there times) and hopefully everything will line up.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to ingear67's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help ingear67 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
ingear67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 12:34 PM   #3
Badman

2007 AURA XR

thanks alot, I just don't want to start drilling and things not line up. Where did you get the plugs I was thinking the same the so it would look factory like I had on my LS2 spoiler.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help Badman reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 09-12-2009, 09:26 PM   #4
ingear67
ingear67 is on a distinguished road

2009 AURA XE

You can get some at either Lowes or Home Depot up to about an 1" or a plumbing supply store. Some are plastic or rubber. Some auto parts stores may have some plugs also depending on the size hole you drill on on the bottom side of the trunk.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to ingear67's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help ingear67 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
ingear67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009, 12:21 PM   #5
Badman

2007 AURA XR

Cool thanks I will go do that

REWARD EXCELLENCE!