SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Vue > 2008 Vue
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-12-2009, 08:58 PM   #1
Charlie
Administrator
Charlie has much to be proud ofCharlie has much to be proud ofCharlie has much to be proud ofCharlie has much to be proud ofCharlie has much to be proud ofCharlie has much to be proud ofCharlie has much to be proud ofCharlie has much to be proud of

2008 Outlook XR
2005 VUE Red Line
Default Cars.com Calls Second Generation Vue One of the "10 Most Improved Cars of the 2000s"

A new story entry has been added:

Cars.com Calls Second Generation Vue One of the "10 Most Improved Cars of the 2000s"

Quote:
With 2010 model year vehicles already on dealer lots, Cars.com editors reminisced on the good, the bad, and the ugly of the past decade to compile their top ten most-improved and worst cars of the decade. "Despite the current gloom, automakers have really stepped up the past decade and have put out some great vehicles," says Patrick Olsen, editor in chief of Cars.com. "We've seen mass adoption of new vehicle types like crossovers and hybrids. On the other hand, we've also seen a lot of duds."

2008 Saturn Outlook XR
2005 VUE Red Line
2002 L300 (sold)

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Charlie's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Charlie reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Charlie is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 09-12-2009, 09:23 PM   #2
davidsky
Master Member
davidsky will become famous soon enoughdavidsky will become famous soon enough

2005 ION-1 Sedan
Default Re: Cars.com Calls Second Generation Vue One of the "10 Most Improved Cars of the 200

What was peculiar about the 2004 Malibu?

Member of the Crank Window Club

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to davidsky's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help davidsky reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
davidsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009, 05:44 PM   #3
page2171
page2171 will become famous soon enough

Default Re: Cars.com Calls Second Generation Vue One of the "10 Most Improved Cars of the 200

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidsky View Post
What was peculiar about the 2004 Malibu?
Styling was kind of homely. I owned one, and it wasn't a bad car but even I won't say it looked good.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to page2171's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help page2171 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
page2171 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 09:31 AM   #4
spart43
spart43 is on a distinguished road

I owned a 2005 vue, traded it in for a 2008 vue. The 2008 is trash in comparison. I went from a V6 to a 4. The 4 is totally under powered for this vehicle. Shifting is scary, will down shift two gears just to climb the smallest of inclines. The interior is cheap looking and very poor workmanship, its the small things that keep going wrong with the 2008 when the 2005 was a solid rock. Nothing ever happened to that vue. I think the american workers in springhill assembled the vehicle with much more pride and quality then this mexican piece of junk I own now. I won't be buying another vue or another saturn anytime soon, too bad, I really like some of their designs but can't put up with poor workmanship like what I see with this vue.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to spart43's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help spart43 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
spart43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 10:03 AM   #5
bigdude2468
bigdude2468 is on a distinguished road

I assume you had the V-6 in your 05. My son had the Ecotec in his 03 and it was under powered also. When I test drove the 08 the first one had the 4 cylinder and it was noisy and I knew right then that the V-6 was the only engine I would consider. I ultimately bought the AWD model and have 30,000 miles on it. It has been back to the dealer for a heated seat switch I found the first day I had it. That is it, not one other issue. I could not be happier with it, I average about 25 mpg on the highway, it looks good, handles well and is very comfortable. I have leather so maybe that is part of the difference you mention with the "cheap" interior. Not sure what you are referring to. Other than no HomeLink for my garage door and the awful position of the two cup holders in the console I cannot think of one other thing I do not like about it.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to bigdude2468's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help bigdude2468 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
bigdude2468 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 08:12 PM   #6
mike08vue
mike08vue is on a distinguished road

I traded a 2004 V6 on a 2008 XR 3.6. I liked the Honda engined VUE, but the 2008 is much more refined and seems to have similar power. I've had zero issues with the 2008(except the tire pressure sensors) and it has almost 50,000 miles on it. By the way, I still have the original tires--probably will change this fall, tho.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to mike08vue's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help mike08vue reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
mike08vue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 08:34 PM   #7
guy_450
guy_450 will become famous soon enough

2000 SW2
2001 SW2

"Toyota Echo (2000-2005): The Echo subcompact's high seating position and center-mounted instrument panel were two well-intentioned features that were summarily rejected by consumers (though they would find their proponents in later years and other models). Call the Echo ahead of its time if you must; mainly it just wasn't a very good car"
I disagree with the last statement about the Echo. I loved my SW1, I love my SL1 but the Echo has been reliable, economical, sporty and lot of other good things too. About its the seating position, the first time I get in, I felt sit inside a roomy mini van with responsive handling drive likes a go-kart. 111,200Km (65,800 miles) so far, so good.
My SL1
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Echo_2005_HB5.jpg (125.8 KB, 6 views)

2000 SW2 5MT silver (sold, at my regrets)
2001 SW2 4AT silver (garaged)
2013 VOLT instant torque & regen braking from electric motor go so well together !!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to guy_450's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help guy_450 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
guy_450 is offline   Reply With Quote