SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Categories > General Saturn Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-05-2005, 12:48 PM   #1
unkle bik
Master Member
unkle bik is a jewel in the roughunkle bik is a jewel in the roughunkle bik is a jewel in the roughunkle bik is a jewel in the rough

2007 AURA XR
2008 Astra XE
Default Saturn vs. Suzuki (guess who wins?)

Akron man vows never to ride again after fatal wreck of motorcyclist

By Gina Mace

Special to the Beacon Journal

BARBERTON - What started as a Saturday afternoon pleasure ride with friends ended in a fatal crash that took the life of a 20-year-old Uniontown motorcyclist.
Gary S. Eremich Jr. joined Rob Workman, 21, of Akron and two other friends to help break in the 2002 blue-and-white Suzuki Workman he had purchased just the day before.
A couple of hours later, Eremich was dead, and Workman said he will never ride again.
Witnesses said Eremich rode his 2002 yellow-and-black Suzuki through a stop sign on Eastern Road at 31st Street in Barberton, hitting a 2002 Saturn driven by Joseph Propacio, 18. Propacio was unhurt, authorities said
Eremich was thrown about 150 feet into the side of a house at 31st Street and Eastern Road, according to police reports.
He was pronounced dead at the scene.
He slowed down for the stop sign, and I thought he was going to stop,'' Workman said.
He estimated Eremich's speed at 30 mph just before he hit the car, which he said was traveling about 50 mph.
``But before that, we were going faster than 80,'' Workman said.
He said Eremich and two other motorcyclists riding with them were performing wheelies -- something Workman wasn't comfortable doing on a new bike. The two other cyclists left about a half-hour before the accident, he said.

Wow! All this action in my hometown.

93 SW2
96 SL2
01 SL2
02 L200
08 Astra Xe
07 Aura XR

Complacency leads to mediocrity.
Mediocrity leads to our demise.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to unkle bik's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help unkle bik reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
unkle bik is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 07-05-2005, 01:00 PM   #2
bobwill
bobwill is on a distinguished road

2003 ION-1 Sedan
Default Re: Saturn vs. Suzuki (guess who wins?)

150 feet, that's an impressive distance, at 30mph that's almost 4 seconds in the air I would suspect he was going more than 30mph.
He would have been fine if he had either bothered following the most basic of traffic laws, or just bothered to look before deciding to run the stop sign.

Bob

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to bobwill's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help bobwill reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
bobwill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2005, 01:28 PM   #3
walt
walt has a spectacular aura aboutwalt has a spectacular aura aboutwalt has a spectacular aura about

On long Island New York were I live we read stories like this weeky.Cyclists are all over the Island,and from Harleys to Suzkis we have them all.Sadly many ride their bikes with sandals and shorts and only wear helmets because State law makes it mandatory and that is about the only ticket a cyclist will get. Police policy here is NOT to get involved with speeding or reckless riders.Seems some years back one cyclist was in and accident while running from Police and sued the county and won a large sum of cash.Since them the word is hands off cyclists who run from Police.The latest thing I see is the one wheeled stop.When you come to a light you pick up the bike on the one front wheel. I never like motorcycles myself and we do have some riders here who ride senable, but IMO they are becoming rarer each day.Robert Redford said it best in a move about bike racing some years back "Cycles is a mean game" and I guess with all those missing feet and stuff not to mention loss of life He was right.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to walt's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help walt reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
walt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2005, 02:38 PM   #4
cdp326
Master Member
cdp326 is on a distinguished road

We were in New York coming back from Long Island a few weeks ago and as expected traffic was fairly heavy...bikers were coming out of nowhere, flying up between the cars roaring through...
Around here though, we don't have a lot of bikers it seems.

"It's a car. We've invented the Pontiac Aztek."

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to cdp326's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help cdp326 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
cdp326 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2005, 07:55 PM   #5
FL_SL2
FL_SL2 is on a distinguished road

1995 SL2

I guess that's one advantage to the high percentage of tourist vehicles.... very few motorcycles as daily drivers. The ones you do see have to be very defensive. There are still kids on their crotch rockets. I think we had one lose it about 2 weeks ago, racing in the rain.

...if Despotism failed only for want of a capable benevolent despot, what chance has Democracy, which requires a whole population of capable voters. -- George Bernard Shaw 1903

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to FL_SL2's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help FL_SL2 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
FL_SL2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2005, 05:29 AM   #6
edwilson13185
Advanced Member
edwilson13185 is on a distinguished road

There's a reason the ER staff in the hospital I work at calls motorcyclists organ donors...

In all seriousness, it's a tragedy I don't have a lot of sympathy for. This guy was being stupid and he very easily could've killed someone else in the process. I'm glad the kid in the Saturn wasn't hurt. And I'm sorry for what this guy's family must be going through. But people need to stop and think what the vehicle they're piloting is capable of.

Ed
2005 Honda Accord EX-L 2.4 5AT
http://community.webshots.com/user/edwilson13185

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to edwilson13185's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help edwilson13185 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
edwilson13185 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2005, 07:39 AM   #7
unkle bik
Master Member
unkle bik is a jewel in the roughunkle bik is a jewel in the roughunkle bik is a jewel in the roughunkle bik is a jewel in the rough

2007 AURA XR
2008 Astra XE

Quote:
Originally Posted by edwilson13185
There's a reason the ER staff in the hospital I work at calls motorcyclists organ donors...

In all seriousness, it's a tragedy I don't have a lot of sympathy for. This guy was being stupid and he very easily could've killed someone else in the process. I'm glad the kid in the Saturn wasn't hurt. And I'm sorry for what this guy's family must be going through. But people need to stop and think what the vehicle they're piloting is capable of.
Agreed.
Social Darwinism is what I call it.

93 SW2
96 SL2
01 SL2
02 L200
08 Astra Xe
07 Aura XR

Complacency leads to mediocrity.
Mediocrity leads to our demise.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to unkle bik's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help unkle bik reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
unkle bik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2005, 11:03 AM   #8
the_new_raceman
the_new_raceman is on a distinguished road

1998 SC2

This is the reason i wont ride on the street

If you dont like the tires ur on...change em...now how does that apply to life??? think about it.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to the_new_raceman's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help the_new_raceman reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
the_new_raceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2005, 01:00 PM   #9
texan
texan is on a distinguished road

2002 VUE 3.0L

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_new_raceman
This is the reason i wont ride on the street
Do you ride in a similar fashion? I feel safe enough commuting everday on my motorcycle, but I ride responsibly and wear protective gear.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to texan's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help texan reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2009, 12:20 PM   #10
MOTRCYCLISTSIS
MOTRCYCLISTSIS is on a distinguished road

Hmm... I wonder who this could be...? Motorcyclists sis...
What do you think would happen if my mother googled my brothers name, or his fathers for that matter (which is the same), and came across this? COMPLETE STRANGERS GIVING THEIR OPINIONS ON MY BROTHERS DEATH!!! That is ridiculous and completely rude.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to MOTRCYCLISTSIS's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help MOTRCYCLISTSIS reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
MOTRCYCLISTSIS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2009, 12:35 PM   #11
piney
Master Member
piney will become famous soon enoughpiney will become famous soon enough

How much damage to the house? Any pics?

Natural selection claims a couple a month down here, sometimes three in a single weekend.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to piney's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help piney reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
piney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2009, 11:21 PM   #12
jaman
jaman is on a distinguished road

2005 ION-2 Sedan
Cool Re: Saturn vs. Suzuki (guess who wins?)

the moral of the story is if it wasn't a Saturn car going by he probably wouldn't have hit it . haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa yup ,

SPACE )))) )))) ))) THE FINAL FRONTIER ((( (((( (((( TO BOLDLY GO WHERE NO SATURN HAS GONE BEFORE ((

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to jaman's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help jaman reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
jaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2009, 12:48 AM   #13
texan
texan is on a distinguished road

2002 VUE 3.0L

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOTRCYCLISTSIS View Post
What do you think would happen if my mother googled my brothers name, or his fathers for that matter (which is the same), and came across this? COMPLETE STRANGERS GIVING THEIR OPINIONS ON MY BROTHERS DEATH!!! That is ridiculous and completely rude.
I'm sorry for your loss. Discussing events in the news is a big part of any forum and people usually don't consider that relatives might be reading the posts.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to texan's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help texan reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 08:55 PM   #14
BobbyP
Master Member
BobbyP is just really niceBobbyP is just really niceBobbyP is just really niceBobbyP is just really nice

2006 VUE Red Line
2007 SKY

When I was in Wash DC last month a couple bikers were doing wheelies on I-95 going at least 75mph.

I was not very comfortable having them in front of me. I gave them plenty of distance.

2006 Black VUE Red Line - Now running iOS 11

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to BobbyP's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help BobbyP reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
BobbyP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 09:22 PM   #15
piney
Master Member
piney will become famous soon enoughpiney will become famous soon enough

Hey BIK - Why would a 2002 motorcycle need a "break in" ride? Should be pretty settled in I'd think.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to piney's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help piney reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
piney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 12:28 AM   #16
daver
daver has a spectacular aura aboutdaver has a spectacular aura about

2005 ION Red Line
1999 SC2

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOTRCYCLISTSIS View Post
I'm sorry for your loss, but this story is 4 years old, according to the original post date.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to daver's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help daver reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
daver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 02:26 AM   #17
Jaseball
Master Member
Jaseball will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by daver View Post
I'm sorry for your loss, but this story is 4 years old, according to the original post date.

Good point. Not trying to be mean, but this post was buried way, way down in the forum with no reason to be brought back to the top.

Registering a user name and making a comment is probably a bad idea if you just want to remember your family member and go on.

I'm also sorry for your loss. Lost my mom a few years back and it still hurts. I will say as much as a sudden death is shocking, sad, and emotionally painful I think it is merciful compared to staying around and suffering for months. No death or loss is easy, but I wouldn't wish watching loved ones waste away slowly on anyone.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Jaseball's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Jaseball reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Jaseball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 08:40 PM   #18
boosted475
boosted475 is on a distinguished road

oh wow what're the odds

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to boosted475's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help boosted475 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
boosted475 is offline   Reply With Quote