SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Categories > General Saturn Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-02-2009, 08:05 AM   #1
2NDSOUT
Master Member
2NDSOUT is a jewel in the rough2NDSOUT is a jewel in the rough2NDSOUT is a jewel in the rough2NDSOUT is a jewel in the rough

1994 SL2
1999 SL
Information Influx of Saturns for sale on Ebay motors

Just in case you haven't taken a trip over to Ebaymotors recenty; there is an INFLUX of Saturns for sale now, with the announcement of the shutdown.

Crazy, Crazy prices going on over there. There are newer VUEs going for $4500-$5000....
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2005-...=p4506.c0.m245

Saw a RELAY for the first time for sale on ebay...now there are 4 of them for sale..just one of the listed:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/SUV-s...=p4506.c0.m245

L-Series going for $565.00 and it's a 2002 with 67K miles on it
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2002-...=p4506.c0.m245

Just crazy. I guess if you want a deal on a Saturn off of ebay... now is going to be the time for some crazy steals of cars...

People are starting the dump of their Saturns. I'm sure there are some opportunities for those of you who are looking to snatch one up...

Bryan

94SL2 HCE, "Pearl"

99 SL

94SL2 260K Miles
1/15

97SW2 266K Miles
2/15

Always
94SC1 340,501 Miles
Org. Engine/Auto Trans
2/97-10/08
Gone 3/12

92SL1
05VUE
91SC

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to 2NDSOUT's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help 2NDSOUT reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
2NDSOUT is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 10-02-2009, 08:48 AM   #2
Citation84
Master Member
Citation84 has a spectacular aura aboutCitation84 has a spectacular aura about

2005 ION-1 Sedan
Default Re: Influx of Saturns for sale on Ebay motors

Group think/mob mentality/hysteria at work. My two Saturns are pretty much the same cars they were before the announcent. House has dropped 50% in value since the crash. I'm still living in it and enjoying it. I don't get people some times.

Act in haste, regret at leisure.............

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Citation84's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Citation84 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Citation84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 09:37 AM   #3
cavalier
cavalier is on a distinguished road

These people are loons!

Sure it may get harder to find body parts for my 2000 L, but as far as engine components the 2.2 Ecotec was shared with a TON of GM product so it's availablity will be around for years to come.

By then, maybe this tank with 191,000 miles will finally end its life of dedicated service and I can get myself a foreign car (certainly not a GM) or a Ford, which has an awesome new Fusion for 2010 with a redesigned nose that finally makes it look like a great car.

How people can feed into the hysteria by dumping their cars I'll never understand.

Just because the company won't be around anymore doesn't mean their car has to go away, too.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to cavalier's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help cavalier reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
cavalier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 09:39 AM   #4
Low Saturn
Low Saturn is a splendid one to beholdLow Saturn is a splendid one to beholdLow Saturn is a splendid one to beholdLow Saturn is a splendid one to beholdLow Saturn is a splendid one to beholdLow Saturn is a splendid one to beholdLow Saturn is a splendid one to behold

2008 AURA XE

Its probably people who are afraid they won't get service and dont know how to go down to the local autoparts store and fix a car themselves.

Mike

-1991 Turbo SL2 - Gone, but not forgotten.
11.809 @ 116.488 mph
www.differentracing.com

-2001 Chevrolet Suburban
-2011 Rally Yellow Chevrolet Camaro 2SS RS

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Low Saturn's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Low Saturn reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Low Saturn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 09:44 AM   #5
cavalier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Low Saturn View Post
Its probably people who are afraid they won't get service and dont know how to go down to the local autoparts store and fix a car themselves.
You're probably right.

Or they don't even realize Saturn is a GM product (many I've talked to that have seen my L don't) so have no clue that there remain something like 4,000 GM dealers that will take over the service/warranty work.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help cavalier reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 10-02-2009, 10:25 AM   #6
piney
Master Member
piney will become famous soon enoughpiney will become famous soon enough

I'm bidding on this one - be sure to check out the awesome work on the shaved door handles and the ultra fine custom job on this.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to piney's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help piney reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
piney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 10:34 AM   #7
MikeNW
Master Member
MikeNW is just really niceMikeNW is just really niceMikeNW is just really niceMikeNW is just really niceMikeNW is just really nice

Location: Lower Alabama= God's country, if God wanted mosquito and red ant bites, and to be covered in mildew

1997 SL

"The transmission is very smooth and receptive." This is from an ebay ad for a red 1969 Super Bee clone. Same dealer as above car.

I don't know what that means. It is like realtor-speak.

97 SL. Born 6/5/97, bought 7/7/97
08 Burgman 400
02 Haro MTB- can't kill it, still trying though

The Schofield Kid: Yeah, well, I guess they had it coming.
Will Munny: We all got it coming, kid.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to MikeNW's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help MikeNW reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
MikeNW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 10:36 AM   #8
MikeNW
Master Member
MikeNW is just really niceMikeNW is just really niceMikeNW is just really niceMikeNW is just really niceMikeNW is just really nice

Location: Lower Alabama= God's country, if God wanted mosquito and red ant bites, and to be covered in mildew

1997 SL

"You should expect couple of after market parts on it."

Hey piney- maybe you should see it in person first.

08 Burgman 400

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help MikeNW reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 10-02-2009, 10:52 AM   #9
2NDSOUT
Master Member
2NDSOUT is a jewel in the rough2NDSOUT is a jewel in the rough2NDSOUT is a jewel in the rough2NDSOUT is a jewel in the rough

1994 SL2
1999 SL

Quote:
Originally Posted by piney View Post
I'm bidding on this one - be sure to check out the awesome work on the shaved door handles and the ultra fine custom job on this.
Please say you are joking...

This car looks like it was dipped in a giant Vat of Doggie or Baby Poop

Still begs to ask... WHY do people do stuff like this?

Bryan

94SL2 HCE, "Pearl"

99 SL

94SL2 260K Miles
1/15

97SW2 266K Miles
2/15

Always
94SC1 340,501 Miles
Org. Engine/Auto Trans
2/97-10/08
Gone 3/12

92SL1
05VUE
91SC

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to 2NDSOUT's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help 2NDSOUT reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
2NDSOUT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 01:20 PM   #10
cavalier

Quote:
Gotta love the description as "show car"

As in, "This will show you how to fuglify a Saturn in the worst possible way."

You might be able to recoup a grand for those custom rims....if you're lucky.

Also love the distant shot of the engine compartment...looks like it was taken through a scope from about 1,000 yards away.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 10-02-2009, 01:29 PM   #11
Low Saturn
Low Saturn is a splendid one to beholdLow Saturn is a splendid one to beholdLow Saturn is a splendid one to beholdLow Saturn is a splendid one to beholdLow Saturn is a splendid one to beholdLow Saturn is a splendid one to beholdLow Saturn is a splendid one to behold

2008 AURA XE

Quote:
I'm not really a fan of the factory ION wheels. But they look better than whats on that car now.

Mike

11.809 @ 116.488 mph
www.differentracing.com

-2001 Chevrolet Suburban

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help Low Saturn reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 10-02-2009, 02:05 PM   #12
irish56
Advanced Member
irish56 is just really niceirish56 is just really niceirish56 is just really niceirish56 is just really niceirish56 is just really nice

1999 SC1

Selling your Saturn just because the company went boobs-up is nuts, especially if you have one of the newer models that shares a platform with other GM cars. How many mechanical parts are there on an '08 VUE or Aura that aren't shared with another GM car that's still in production?

It's we S-series folks that are going to have to settle for Chinese aftermarket parts soon, and our cars have already depreciated so much that selling them to prevent further depreciation makes no sense.

As for a receptive transmission...

You: Hey transmission, I've just floored the throttle. Would you mind downshifting to second so I can pass this bus?
Receptive transmission: Why yes, I'm very receptive to that idea! I'll downshift right now! Thanks for the suggestion!

'95 SL1 auto (RIP)
'98 SL2 5sp (RIP)
'01 SL2 auto (RIP)
'99 SC1 auto (Mom's...keeps on truckin')

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to irish56's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help irish56 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
irish56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 02:39 PM   #13
Low Saturn

2008 AURA XE

Quote:
Originally Posted by irish56 View Post
especially if you have one of the newer models that shares a platform with other GM cars. How many mechanical parts are there on an '08 VUE or Aura that aren't shared with another GM car that's still in production?
How many people who own these car's would have any idea what you just said? Common sense to us, but a foreign language to the majority of the car owning public.

People get all hurt when you tell them their Lexus is a Toyota or their Escalade is a Tahoe/Suburban.

Mike

11.809 @ 116.488 mph
www.differentracing.com

-2001 Chevrolet Suburban

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 10-02-2009, 03:24 PM   #14
MikeNW
Master Member

1997 SL

"114,174 ORIGINAL MILES"

What's an "original" mile?
If they are good, I wanna get some for MY car.

08 Burgman 400

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 10-02-2009, 10:12 PM   #15
mike08vue
mike08vue is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Low Saturn View Post
How many people who own these car's would have any idea what you just said? Common sense to us, but a foreign language to the majority of the car owning public.

People get all hurt when you tell them their Lexus is a Toyota or their Escalade is a Tahoe/Suburban.
Just imagine how hurt they'd be if you told then their Lexus was a Suburban!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to mike08vue's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help mike08vue reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
mike08vue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 10:42 PM   #16
piney
Master Member
piney will become famous soon enoughpiney will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2NDSOUT View Post
Please say you are joking...
You mean the attention to detail is not obvious from this pic?

I actually saw this POS in traffic one day but couldn't get my camera out in time. Lets just say it wasn't in the rich part of town.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to piney's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help piney reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
piney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 10:54 PM   #17
Tiger
Master Member
Tiger is a jewel in the roughTiger is a jewel in the roughTiger is a jewel in the rough

1999 SL2

That reminds me of when gas was over $4.00. A co-worker sold a paid for S-10 and purchased a Focus. The Ford dealer would not give a great deal. After things settle down I bet some of those caught up in the emotion of the day will have regret they acted in haste.

Truth alone triumphs, not untruth.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Tiger's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Tiger reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Tiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 11:40 PM   #18
cstack3
cstack3 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2NDSOUT View Post
Just in case you haven't taken a trip over to Ebaymotors recenty; there is an INFLUX of Saturns for sale now, with the announcement of the shutdown.
I checked the Chicago area, the only craziness I see are the dealers who still think they can get $18,000 for a slightly-used 2008 Astra right now! I really hate the dealers in my area.

My 1995 Pontiac Grand Am SE just crapped out after 120,000 miles (it was a good car!), so we walked in and bought a 2009 Honda Civic LX for cash. DAMN nice car, with 16 valve engine and great layout & construction! With taxes etc. it was nearly exactly $20,000

I wouldn't pay more than $10K for a like-new 2008 Astra right now. Who knows what will happen to Opel/Vauxhall? Parts might be hard to come by.

Lots of great deals going on, I can see why Penske dropped his bid. Who among us would want to negotiate with GM?

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to cstack3's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help cstack3 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
cstack3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2009, 02:14 AM   #19
skywolf
skywolf is on a distinguished road

2002 L-Series 2.2L Sedan

Some people seriously need to learn how to take pictures when selling a car on ebay. A minimum of 20 please... there is more to a car than 3 out of focus views of the side and front!

2002 Saturn L200 'Jasper' | 2011 Mazda3 SGT 'Corey' | 2011 Toyota Tacoma SR5 'Timber' | 2013 Volvo XC70 'Rolf' | 2005 Volvo XC70 'Aldwin' | "ACK and you shall receive"

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to skywolf's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help skywolf reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
skywolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 12:13 AM   #20
diazdavenator
diazdavenator is on a distinguished road

1993 SL1

Ahh, that L300 reminds me of my dad's old car, an 01 LW300. Great memories of learning how to drive in it. I used to basically beg him to let me drive his car to school instead of having to take my mom's POS kia before they bought me my SL1.

Alas, the LW300 died in a wreck in june though, and my dad picked up a Saab instead. Even though the Saab is nice, I still have very fond memories of the old Saturn.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to diazdavenator's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help diazdavenator reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
diazdavenator is offline   Reply With Quote