SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Categories > General Saturn Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-05-2009, 10:57 PM   #1
Charlie
Administrator
Charlie is a splendid one to beholdCharlie is a splendid one to beholdCharlie is a splendid one to beholdCharlie is a splendid one to beholdCharlie is a splendid one to beholdCharlie is a splendid one to beholdCharlie is a splendid one to beholdCharlie is a splendid one to behold

2008 Outlook XR
2005 VUE Red Line
Default Saturn Deal Still Expected to Close this Month

A new feeditems entry has been added:

Saturn Deal Still Expected to Close this Month

Quote:
Kenneth Klee from the Deal Magazine: Deal by deal, the auto industry is being reinvented. Though it's obvious when you think about it, it's still head-spinning when you try to bring the scope of the activity into focus. Here is a vast swath of the global economy in the midst of an urgently needed re-engineering.

2008 Saturn Outlook XR
2005 VUE Red Line
2002 L300 (sold)

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Charlie's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Charlie reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Charlie is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 09-05-2009, 11:09 PM   #2
jaman
jaman is on a distinguished road

2005 ION-2 Sedan
Dizzy Re: Saturn Deal Still Expected to Close this Month

I'm in the Dark as to the outcome of this whole deal , things are seeming a bit weird for Saturn right now, but at least somebody was wise enough not to let a good thing die ! Guess we will have to wait and see if Mr Penski can bring our baby back to life .

SPACE )))) )))) ))) THE FINAL FRONTIER ((( (((( (((( TO BOLDLY GO WHERE NO SATURN HAS GONE BEFORE ((

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to jaman's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help jaman reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
jaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2009, 03:19 PM   #3
SaturnIONSLVUE
Advanced Member
SaturnIONSLVUE is on a distinguished road

Default Re: Saturn Deal Still Expected to Close this Month

Saturn is done, the Saturn we have known and love. Saturn with out Spring Hill and pastic thats not a Saturn! Saturn was a company to compet with Nissan and the rest of teh Asian Crap not become one.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to SaturnIONSLVUE's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help SaturnIONSLVUE reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
SaturnIONSLVUE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2009, 08:13 PM   #4
BobbyP
Master Member
BobbyP is just really niceBobbyP is just really niceBobbyP is just really niceBobbyP is just really nice

2006 VUE Red Line
2007 SKY

If you can't beat them, join them... That's essentially what's going to happen.

I feel like the rest of everyone I want this deal to be finalized and go forward.

Then we can see what Penske can do...

2006 Black VUE Red Line - Now running iOS 11

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to BobbyP's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help BobbyP reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
BobbyP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2009, 08:51 PM   #5
RoadIon
Advanced Member
RoadIon will become famous soon enough

2007 ION Red Line
2007 ION-3 Sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaturnIONSLVUE View Post
Saturn is done, the Saturn we have known and love. Saturn with out Spring Hill and pastic thats not a Saturn! Saturn was a company to compet with Nissan and the rest of teh Asian Crap not become one.

I love your bold typing style, it makes what you have to say almost seem ... well it makes it almost seem uuuummm like well something.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to RoadIon's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help RoadIon reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
RoadIon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2009, 10:24 PM   #6
rossao1
Advanced Member
rossao1 is on a distinguished road

2006 ION-3 Sedan

my next purchase may be the sport trac. It has a plastic, excuse me, an SMC bed on it. At least that part wont rust.

A Saturn owner since 10/91.
'92 SC, '91 SL2, 95 SW1, '06 ION3
other car- '02 Expedition 5.4L

Last edited by rossao1; 09-06-2009 at 10:26 PM.. Reason: clarity

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to rossao1's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help rossao1 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
rossao1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2009, 11:31 PM   #7
SaturnIONSLVUE
Advanced Member

The Ford Edge is Nice too

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help SaturnIONSLVUE reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 09-06-2009, 11:55 PM   #8
SaturnIONSLVUE
Advanced Member

What I do not understand and I have been a true Saturn owner dating back to my 1995 Saturn SL which I still have then later have a 2007 ION 2 and an 2006 VUE AWD. People are all excited about the Penske deal, Yes it will save jobs and that is great! But it did not save Saturn. Saturn died back in 2005 when GM changed the VIN/Manufacture Date and location Stickers on doors. Pre-2006 all cars stated MFD by Saturn Corporation after MFD by General Motors Corporation. From what Mr. Penske states he does not want to make cars therefore Saturn Died when they stopped making cars.

Second WHY would I want to buy a car from Saturn who does not make a car and has many different cars made by many different companies and which have many different parts.

Third what made Saturn Special were the Plastic Cars that consumer reports hates and the Great Customer Service and Sales, Plastic cars have ended in 2007 and Great Customer service and Sales has ended in 2009.

Forth GM has been killing Saturn since 2008 they knew they would sell it or close it, they have let the dealerships hang which has forced many of them to close or have nasty staff because they are worried about closing. GM has told the media nothing but bad news about Saturn since late 2008 and they are still trying to kill Saturn before they sell it.

I will always love my Saturn’s and the Great Service and products we had, but I will not buy another Saturn again. The old Saturn is dead and the new Saturn is nothing like the old. Now only two American companies are still around Ford and GM and it looks like Ford is in the best shape. As Mike Rowe Stays “Have you looked at a Ford Lately?” I think many Saturn owners will start to look at Ford for the replace choice. It always had a small car and affordable car, and still UAW American for the most part!

One day years from now plastic will be back and it will stay and car makers will stay it aircraft like product since the new Boeing 787 airplane is made from plastic materials.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoadIon View Post
I love your bold typing style, it makes what you have to say almost seem ... well it makes it almost seem uuuummm like well something.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 09-07-2009, 10:13 AM   #9
plato
plato is on a distinguished road

2005 ION-2 Sedan
1996 SC2

Quote:
What I do not understand and I have been a true Saturn owner dating back to my 1995 Saturn SL which I still have then later have a 2007 ION 2 and an 2006 VUE AWD. People are all excited about the Penske deal, Yes it will save jobs and that is great! But it did not save Saturn. Saturn died back in 2005 when GM changed the VIN/Manufacture Date and location Stickers on doors. Pre-2006 all cars stated MFD by Saturn Corporation after MFD by General Motors Corporation. From what Mr. Penske states he does not want to make cars therefore Saturn Died when they stopped making cars.

Second WHY would I want to buy a car from Saturn who does not make a car and has many different cars made by many different companies and which have many different parts.

Third what made Saturn Special were the Plastic Cars that consumer reports hates and the Great Customer Service and Sales, Plastic cars have ended in 2007 and Great Customer service and Sales has ended in 2009.

Forth GM has been killing Saturn since 2008 they knew they would sell it or close it, they have let the dealerships hang which has forced many of them to close or have nasty staff because they are worried about closing. GM has told the media nothing but bad news about Saturn since late 2008 and they are still trying to kill Saturn before they sell it.

I will always love my Saturn’s and the Great Service and products we had, but I will not buy another Saturn again. The old Saturn is dead and the new Saturn is nothing like the old. Now only two American companies are still around Ford and GM and it looks like Ford is in the best shape. As Mike Rowe Stays “Have you looked at a Ford Lately?” I think many Saturn owners will start to look at Ford for the replace choice. It always had a small car and affordable car, and still UAW American for the most part!

One day years from now plastic will be back and it will stay and car makers will stay it aircraft like product since the new Boeing 787 airplane is made from plastic materials.
that is exactly how I feel. And, in my opinion, the company is dead. If they wanted to sell cars the deal would have been closed a long time ago and things would be moving a lot faster. Nothing is happening and every day that goes by without Saturn/Penske coming up with plans means lost customers. No good business would tolerate this delay.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to plato's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help plato reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
plato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 12:17 PM   #10
s-seriesguy
s-seriesguy will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by plato View Post
that is exactly how I feel. And, in my opinion, the company is dead. If they wanted to sell cars the deal would have been closed a long time ago and things would be moving a lot faster. Nothing is happening and every day that goes by without Saturn/Penske coming up with plans means lost customers. No good business would tolerate this delay.
Customer are being lost everyday, and many once loyal Saturn owners no longer want a part of this. Cars like the Astra and Outlook were supposed to draw in new customers that would otherwise not even consider the brand, look how well that went. Then Penske want to bring over unknown imported cars, yeah I'm sure that will work. Unless something major happens that he plans on doing, I don't see Penske's plans being anything other than a huge flop. Maybe there's more going on behind the scenes than what we really know, I guess we will see when the deal is done

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to s-seriesguy's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help s-seriesguy reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
s-seriesguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 01:02 PM   #11
BobbyP
Master Member
BobbyP is just really niceBobbyP is just really niceBobbyP is just really niceBobbyP is just really nice

2006 VUE Red Line
2007 SKY

Saturn starting making bad decisions when GM started directing the company in ways that they thought it would best compliment their corporation.

GM's car divisions worked best when they were left alone, not have every model and decision made in interest for corporation.

Hopefully Penske will give us a competitive US manufactured cars we can be proud to own.

2006 Black VUE Red Line - Now running iOS 11

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to BobbyP's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help BobbyP reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
BobbyP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 02:15 PM   #12
jaman
jaman is on a distinguished road

2005 ION-2 Sedan

I figure we will know allot more at the end of this fiscal year ................

SPACE )))) )))) ))) THE FINAL FRONTIER ((( (((( (((( TO BOLDLY GO WHERE NO SATURN HAS GONE BEFORE ((

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to jaman's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help jaman reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
jaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 06:59 PM   #13
SaturnSdn
Master Member
SaturnSdn will become famous soon enoughSaturnSdn will become famous soon enough

2007 ION-3 Sedan
2007 ION-3 Sedan

Yes I'll be happy if SATURN lives on, and I'm giving Roger a chance to make something happen. We'll see how it turns out...........good I hope.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to SaturnSdn's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help SaturnSdn reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
SaturnSdn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 07:14 PM   #14
Starduster_Sat
Starduster_Sat is on a distinguished road

1997 SL2

Quote:
Originally Posted by plato View Post
Still? I certainly hope so. What we have to have right now (even if it IS stressful) is patience. No deal this big is going to go down quickly. Rushing the deal to meet a deadline, or an leaked disclosure, could still sink it. Then we WOULD be dead. I will not worry if an announced deadline slips, as long as negotiations remain active. There is no alternative.

Later this week, we take the '97 to Saturn of Alexandria for scheduled service. Then I will see how things look at at their end, and report back.

A needed commentary: It is true- the Spring Hill era Saturn we loved died of neglect not all that long after the second Homecoming- at its parent's hands. Remember that Roger Smith's set-aside experiment had more enemies within GM than outside. The same GM that then tried to run it as "Oldsmobile Lite". The Relay "Call it anything you like but please don't call it a minivan"... MINIVAN!... was a monument to that folly. So by the time the Aura and the never-given-a-fair-chance Astra arrived, it was too late. The brand was "nuked".

This WILL be a new Saturn. Has to be. If anyone is still hoping to reclaim the Spring Hill plant and build Saturn S replicas... I'm sorry. Not gonna happen. That's a pipe dream.

A new Saturn Corp, in an industry where NOTHING is as it was even two years ago.

The biggest challenge for the new Saturn, besides filling the S/Astra-sized hole in the lineup, will be REBUILDING THE BRAND- rebuilding Saturn's good name. It may be a harder job than making winning racecars out of AMC products (um, check your motorsports history. Penske DID that!)

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Starduster_Sat's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Starduster_Sat reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Starduster_Sat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 03:04 PM   #15
darnell89
darnell89 is on a distinguished road

1996 SL2

I think Penske is doing a good job trying to save the company, i'm very pissed how GM just kicked SATURN out like trash. I hope Penske does well closing the deal this month and making pretty good cars with better quality parts. I'm not going to say I wouldn't buy or drive the new SATURN, but idk till I see what is in production for Penskeautogroup for SATURN's new design.

SATURN FAN 4 LYFE (Darnell)

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to darnell89's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help darnell89 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
darnell89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 09:00 PM   #16
Astra La Vista!
Astra La Vista! has a spectacular aura aboutAstra La Vista! has a spectacular aura about

2008 Astra XR

Quote:
Originally Posted by darnell89 View Post
I think Penske is doing a good job trying to save the company, i'm very pissed how GM just kicked SATURN out like trash.
Well, at least GM gave someone the opportunity to buy Saturn. Wouldn't want to be a Pontiac or Saab customer right now...

"That's a Hruck Bugbear, manufactured in Eastern Europe in the eighties and imported to the States. People mock it as a poor man's Yugo. I consider it the pinnacle of Cold War Balkan engineering."

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Astra La Vista!'s Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Astra La Vista! reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Astra La Vista! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 09:16 PM   #17
s-seriesguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astra La Vista! View Post
Well, at least GM gave someone the opportunity to buy Saturn. Wouldn't want to be a Pontiac or Saab customer right now...
Why is that?

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help s-seriesguy reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 09-10-2009, 10:40 PM   #18
darnell89
darnell89 is on a distinguished road

1996 SL2

Quote:
Originally Posted by s-seriesguy View Post
Why is that?
Because Saab & Pontiac is completely done, and I was upset with that as well, because they have been on the map for so long, and GM just cut them off. I think Hummer, Pontiac & Saab stop production in 2010 or 2011, but if they can get buyers to buy the brands they can be saved like SATURN.

I still think SATURN & Saab would have been a great team together.

SATURN FAN 4 LYFE (Darnell)

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to darnell89's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help darnell89 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
darnell89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 11:56 PM   #19
s-seriesguy

Quote:
Because Saab & Pontiac is completely done, and I was upset with that as well, because they have been on the map for so long, and GM just cut them off. I think Hummer, Pontiac & Saab stop production in 2010 or 2011, but if they can get buyers to buy the brands they can be saved like SATURN.
Just becuase GM dropped those brands also, it wouldn't stop me from owning one. I'd have rather seen Pontiac stay around over any of them, but that's just me. Pontiac is the only one that is not being sold off, a group of dealers and investors have already tried to buy the brand from GM.

Quote:
I still think SATURN & Saab would have been a great team together.
Me too, a million times better than that thing Penske plans on doing. At least we know that Sabb will still have some nice cars that stay true to being a Sweedish car under Koenigsegg. Can't say the same thing for this former American car company

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 09-11-2009, 01:32 PM   #20
ARECCE
ARECCE is on a distinguished road

Quote:
People are all excited about the Penske deal, Yes it will save jobs and that is great! But it did not save Saturn. Saturn died back in 2005 when GM changed the VIN/Manufacture Date and location Stickers on doors. Pre-2006 all cars stated MFD by Saturn Corporation after MFD by General Motors Corporation. From what Mr. Penske states he does not want to make cars therefore Saturn Died when they stopped making cars.

When you think of Saturn what comes to your mind? Plastic and Customer Service? Saturn was always a part of GM. None of the Saturn vehicles were heads and shoulders above the competition. The team members made the difference. They bought into the culture. GM does not have a culture that they can call their own. They never will. GM wants to capitalize on what Saturn (Retail Facilities and employees) were doing and call it a new idea that we had. Too many old school employee's still running around the company.

I would venture to say that Saturn under Penske will get back to what they were doing prior to the absorbtion by GM. The customer service will be there. The sales will be there. The changes will be for the positive. Just go in and speak with a Saturn Retail Facility team member. Ask them what they think about what is happening. There is excitement in the air as well as a calm before the storm.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to ARECCE's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help ARECCE reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
ARECCE is offline   Reply With Quote