SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Site Information > Support Forum for Canadian Saturn Owners
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-04-2009, 12:03 AM   #1
Charlie
Administrator
Charlie has much to be proud ofCharlie has much to be proud ofCharlie has much to be proud ofCharlie has much to be proud ofCharlie has much to be proud ofCharlie has much to be proud ofCharlie has much to be proud ofCharlie has much to be proud ofCharlie has much to be proud ofCharlie has much to be proud of

2008 Outlook XR
2005 VUE Red Line
Default London Retailer Decides to Go it Alone, Believes Saturn Will Return to Canada Someday

A new feeditems entry has been added:

[drupal=3317]London Retailer Decides to Go it Alone, Believes Saturn Will Return to Canada Someday[/drupal]

Quote:
Kelly Pedro from Canada's London Free Press: Saturn's future in Canada may be uncertain, but it's business as usual at the Saturn Saab Isuzu of London dealership. Penske Automotive Group bought the Saturn brand from General Motors and has decided not to sell the vehicles in Canada. GM is building the Vue, Aura and Outlook for Penske until 2011 - all mid-sized or sport-utility vehicles.

2008 Saturn Outlook XR
2005 VUE Red Line
2002 L300 (sold)

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Charlie's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Charlie reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Charlie is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 09-04-2009, 12:26 AM   #2
s-seriesguy
s-seriesguy will become famous soon enough

Default Re: London Retailer Decides to Go it Alone, Believes Saturn Will Return to Canada Som

Lets see if they think the same thing when their new inventory starts getting low

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to s-seriesguy's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help s-seriesguy reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
s-seriesguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 12:33 AM   #3
RoadIon
Advanced Member
RoadIon will become famous soon enough

2007 ION Red Line
2007 ION-3 Sedan
Default Re: London Retailer Decides to Go it Alone, Believes Saturn Will Return to Canada Som

Quote:
Originally Posted by s-seriesguy View Post
Lets see if they think the same thing when their new inventory starts getting low

"but as far as Saturn of London is concerned... we'll continue doing service, parts and warranties on all the vehicles we have out there and all the vehicles we're selling right now," he said."

I'm guessing he knows his new car inventory is going to dry up, heck all ya need to do is read, and you can get an idea what he is saying.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to RoadIon's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help RoadIon reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
RoadIon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 08:44 AM   #4
fdryer
fdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond repute

2003 L-Series 3.0L Sedan

It can also be read as London Saturn will continue to service any and all Saturns that customers bring in as they can still perform the work to ensure customer support. Perhaps because this dealership has the same staff that are cross trained and are capable of working on more than one brand that reflects each mechanic's/technician's experience level to a higher order allows this dealer to retain his customer base instead of abandoning them. To leave Saturn owners out in the cold is unforgivable, business wise, and will turn these same owners against any dealership for any future purchases. And in this case this dealer sells more than one brand, allowing for a broader sales base presenting different brands requiring better skills to reach a slightly broader customer base. Retaining highly trained people is the backbone of any dealership as well as managing/promoting a long term relationship with customers regardless of what brand is sold. Business depends on sound principles of long established practices and maybe London Saturn/Saab/Isuzu has quietly been doing this for any brand they sell.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to fdryer's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help fdryer reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
fdryer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 01:03 PM   #5
londonxr3
londonxr3 is on a distinguished road

2008 Astra XR

Saturn of London was good to me when I bought my used 99 Cavalier. Treated me like I had just bought a brand new Saturn from them.

My mom had nothing but praise for them when she bought her 2001 SC2.

I would have bought my Astra from them but I live in Kitchener now and Saturn of KW was closer.

Glad to hear they are going to try and stay open.

2008 Saturn Astra XR 3 Door - Saphire Black
1999 Chevrolet Cavalier Z24 - White

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to londonxr3's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help londonxr3 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
londonxr3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 08:10 PM   #6
RoadIon
Advanced Member
RoadIon will become famous soon enough

2007 ION Red Line
2007 ION-3 Sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by fdryer View Post
It can also be read as London Saturn will continue to service any and all Saturns that customers bring in as they can still perform the work to ensure customer support. Perhaps because this dealership has the same staff that are cross trained and are capable of working on more than one brand that reflects each mechanic's/technician's experience level to a higher order allows this dealer to retain his customer base instead of abandoning them. To leave Saturn owners out in the cold is unforgivable, business wise, and will turn these same owners against any dealership for any future purchases. And in this case this dealer sells more than one brand, allowing for a broader sales base presenting different brands requiring better skills to reach a slightly broader customer base. Retaining highly trained people is the backbone of any dealership as well as managing/promoting a long term relationship with customers regardless of what brand is sold. Business depends on sound principles of long established practices and maybe London Saturn/Saab/Isuzu has quietly been doing this for any brand they sell.
Yes Sir it seems they are going to do all they can to keep the past SATURN owners coming back.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to RoadIon's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help RoadIon reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
RoadIon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2009, 07:24 AM   #7
rossao1
Advanced Member
rossao1 is on a distinguished road

2006 ION-3 Sedan

I wonder if they are to keep the Saturn logo and name on the dealership. If the francise is not renewed, will they be allowed to keep advertising as a "saturn" dealership? An official used car dealership??

I can see a business case where they become a used dealership only. Show-casing ever more rare cream puff saturns, but eventually they will have to merge with something to get new car customers back.

People don't buy the same car and model year time after time. May I have another '92 saturn??? Oh you have onethat is only 150K mile old, hmmm, no thanks.

A Saturn owner since 10/91.
'92 SC, '91 SL2, 95 SW1, '06 ION3
other car- '02 Expedition 5.4L

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to rossao1's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help rossao1 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
rossao1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 04:17 PM   #8
nakman
nakman is on a distinguished road

2007 VUE 3.5L

I'll keep bringing my VUE there for service until they either close the doors or don't service any more. Also, once the lease is up next year (Dec 2010) I'll decide what to do then. No sense crying about it.

Even if by some miracle Saturn does re-enter the Canadian Market, I'm not sure this experience will be enough to keep me a GM customer.

I've got a nice 2008 Honda Accord (company supplied) and while my OCD throws me fits at the dings in the rear quarter panels, I find it to be a pretty decent ride, very roomy abit, a little under powered (base 4 cyl engine)

But, you know Ford has actually made a positive impression on me during on this ecominc kunumdrum. My Mom purchased a 2010 Fusion and while it's smaller than the Accord and marginally smaller than the Aura, I think it's a damn find car at a pretty good price.

Kinda like the Flex (I know the looks are polarizing) but, it rides quiet and has plenty of room. My work has the Fusion and Escape as options and while the Escape does have a cheap steering wheel (xlt 4 cyl version) it rides pretty well too. Although the crystal ball still is foggy, I think later nxt year, this Canuck will have a Flex and Escape in the driveway.

I'll miss my poly bodied Saturns and owning something a little different or special from most everyone else. But, I guess I'll just have to press the key flob to find my next vehicles in the parking lot like everyone else.

Life goes on.

2007 VUE FWD 3.5L, Storm Grey
2008 Honda Accord, 2.4l, auto, Black
(Pic is the 03 VUE, 4 banger, 5 spd, gone but not forgotten)

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to nakman's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help nakman reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
nakman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 04:09 PM   #9
mikeyt
mikeyt is on a distinguished road

2009 Astra XR

Saturn of London still seems to be able to get their hands on a few new cars. They've got about a dozen Astras and the same amt of Auras & SUV's sitting there in the lot as of this week. I've got a new XR5 coming in thru them on Friday.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to mikeyt's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help mikeyt reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
mikeyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 08:00 PM   #10
Uzzy
Master Member
Uzzy has a spectacular aura aboutUzzy has a spectacular aura about

2002 SC1
2005 VUE 2.2L

How can they keep doing warranty work? They won't be a GM dealer anymore, so will GM allow them to do warranty work and get re-imbursed? I doubt that.

Saturn of Windsor is now a Chevy dealer.

Aut viam inveniam aut faciam
If your ECTS is not brass...your ass is grass.
If you have a problem, if no one else can help, and if you can find him, maybe you can hire Uzzy.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Uzzy's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Uzzy reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Uzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2009, 02:50 PM   #11
Rj.ION
Rj.ION is on a distinguished road

2007 ION-3 Sedan
2007 ION-3 Sedan

With any luck all of our old Saturn Dealers will stay open as something else.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Rj.ION's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Rj.ION reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Rj.ION is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 12:49 AM   #12
mikeyt
mikeyt is on a distinguished road

2009 Astra XR

Saturn, Saab & Suzuki at Saturn of London now. Apparently the same family owned the Suzuki dealer down the street. From what i understand they are buying up enough Saturn stock from around the country to keep them going into the new year with Saturn.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to mikeyt's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help mikeyt reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
mikeyt is offline   Reply With Quote