SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Site Information > Support Forum for Canadian Saturn Owners
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-03-2009, 11:57 PM   #1
Charlie
Administrator
Charlie has much to be proud ofCharlie has much to be proud ofCharlie has much to be proud ofCharlie has much to be proud ofCharlie has much to be proud ofCharlie has much to be proud ofCharlie has much to be proud ofCharlie has much to be proud of

2008 Outlook XR
2005 VUE Red Line
Default Canadian Saturn Retail Facilities Told They Must Close by End of Year

A new feeditems entry has been added:

Canadian Saturn Retail Facilities Told They Must Close by End of Year

Quote:
Murray McNeill from the Winnipeg Free Press: Manitoba's only Saturn dealership will disappear by the end of the year as the restructuring of the North American auto sector continues. Birchwood Automotive Group president Steve Chipman said Wednesday that General Motors notified Birchwood's Saturn Saab of Pointe West dealership earlier this week that all 46 Canadian Saturn dealerships will cease operations on or before December 31.

2008 Saturn Outlook XR
2005 VUE Red Line
2002 L300 (sold)

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Charlie's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Charlie reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Charlie is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 09-06-2009, 12:32 PM   #2
bigbird
bigbird is on a distinguished road

Default Re: Canadian Saturn Retail Facilities Told They Must Close by End of Year

Dealer in Winnipeg sold 2 new vehicles last week, both Astra XR 5dr.
36 new vehicles left in stock, 31 of them are Astra's.
I wonder if those two buyers even know that Saturn will be gone by Dec.31, and the Astra is/will be a lame duck.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to bigbird's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help bigbird reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
bigbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 09:14 AM   #3
Warren
Warren is on a distinguished road

Default Re: Canadian Saturn Retail Facilities Told They Must Close by End of Year

I received a letter from my Saturn retailer yesterday informing me that they will be closing on or before Dec. 31/09 and that I would be wise to get any warranty work done ASAP while they still have staff. Indeed I still have a part on order (On Star back up battery) which has been on order now for over 20 days. I called GM client services yesterday to see if they can help out. It seems my retailer is stocking nothing, only ordering parts as they are needed and to bad for the customer. I can't imagine that the back up battery for On Star is any different in a Chevy but it seems I can't go to any other dealer as long as the Saturn dealer says he is open for business. It is really a shame as my Saturn retailer was really a super dealership but they have quickly deteriorated to a mere shell of what they once were. I can't imagine that GM hopes to retain many Saturn owners as repeat GM customers given they way we are being treated. I really don't blame my dealer for poor performance, he has been placed in the position he finds himself by GM Canada.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Warren's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Warren reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Warren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 09:44 AM   #4
SC1_Oil_Burner
SC1_Oil_Burner is on a distinguished road

2007 ION-2 Sedan
2007 ION-2 Sedan

My dealership is Woodbridge Saturn at Hwy 7 and Weston Rd, Woodbridge, Ontario. Great owner, fantastic service advisors/mechanics. After Dec 31st I plan on following them wherever they go. Warranty or not. Unless they end up at a GM dealership, I've purchased my LAST GM vehicle.

1989 Pontiac Tempest - Lemon 140k '94
1994 Toyota Corolla - Rusted 140K '07
1995 Saturn SC1 - Retired 275k '07
2007 Ion - Present 40k
2007 Ion - Present 20k

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to SC1_Oil_Burner's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help SC1_Oil_Burner reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
SC1_Oil_Burner is offline   Reply With Quote