SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Categories > General Saturn Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-02-2011, 05:13 PM   #1
BobbyP
Master Member
BobbyP is just really niceBobbyP is just really niceBobbyP is just really niceBobbyP is just really nice

2006 VUE Red Line
2007 SKY
Default Consumer Reports Cops to Chrysler Data Gaps

http://wardsauto.com/ar/consumer_rep...rysler_110302/

Nice article describing how CR's data is skewed; just like we've discussed on this forum.

I have never owned a car that has been top rated by Consumer Reports, but I've driven them. I found most of their top rated cars very bland and uninspiring.

i.e. A Camry does most everything well, but does not excel in any area. Since Toyota's problem with unintended acceleration, I've avoided them whenever possible.

I pick a Charger, 300, Impala, Altima, Taurus over a Camry/Accord.

I really like the Chrysler LX platform. They are well behaved, handle and stop well. The 2011 models have nice interiors. Chrysler infused a lot of Mercedes Benz components in it's design. The front suspension is from a MB S-class, the rear suspension is from the MB E-class, the 5 spd automatic is a MB 5G-TRONIC, the rear end, and ESP all come from the MB parts bin.

I just drove a 2011 Hyundai Sante Fe last week, and didn't like the shifting logic of their 6 speed automatic. It drove well, but it's V6 didn't have much power once you're going over 45 mph.

2006 Black VUE Red Line - Now running iOS 11

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to BobbyP's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help BobbyP reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
BobbyP is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 03-02-2011, 06:12 PM   #2
XRL
Master Member
XRL will become famous soon enoughXRL will become famous soon enough

2004 VUE Red Line
Default Re: Consumer Reports Cops to Chrysler Data Gaps

I wouldn't pick an Impala over anything, including walking.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to XRL's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help XRL reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
XRL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 12:11 AM   #3
BobbyP
Master Member
BobbyP is just really niceBobbyP is just really niceBobbyP is just really niceBobbyP is just really nice

2006 VUE Red Line
2007 SKY

Quote:
Originally Posted by XRL View Post
I wouldn't pick an Impala over anything, including walking.
I don't mind driving Impalas, but I usually pick Sonatas, Altimas, or Chargers. I find it bizarre that rental companies classify the Malibu as full size.

The Chrysler LX cars drive much better than an Impala. The trunk is a good shape on the Chrysler's also...

The worst rental I was given was a Jeep Compass. It was wrecked, had crank windows, no power door locks, or key fob. I travel with test equipment and couldn't leave anything in the back from the lack of privacy glass. I gave that company an ear full when I return that POS...

2006 Black VUE Red Line - Now running iOS 11

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to BobbyP's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help BobbyP reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
BobbyP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 01:35 PM   #4
adventureoflink
Master Member
adventureoflink has a spectacular aura aboutadventureoflink has a spectacular aura aboutadventureoflink has a spectacular aura about

1997 SL2

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyP View Post
I don't mind driving Impalas, but I usually pick Sonatas, Altimas, or Chargers. I find it bizarre that rental companies classify the Malibu as full size.
so long as it's column mounted I wouldn't mind an Impala either also Malibu being full-sized WTF.. I guess they expect Impalas to still be crown vic sized eh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyP View Post
The worst rental I was given was a Jeep Compass. It was wrecked, had crank windows, no power door locks, or key fob. I travel with test equipment and couldn't leave anything in the back from the lack of privacy glass. I gave that company an ear full when I return that POS...
Ouch, buddy, ouch.

97 SL2
DOB: 3/19/97
Date Obtained: 5/30/07

2004 Merc G.Marquis GS
DOB: 2/4/04
Date Obtained: 7/6/12

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to adventureoflink's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help adventureoflink reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
adventureoflink is offline   Reply With Quote