SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Vue > 2008 Vue
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-28-2009, 06:32 AM   #1
leogag1
leogag1 is on a distinguished road

2009 VUE 3.6L
Default WYSINWYG... (There is an "N" in the middle...)

Sometimes, things that should be WYSIWYG are more WYSINWYG... (What you see is NOT what you get)

I discovered that there is a problem with the speedometer of my new Vue. The needle doesn't indicate the true speed. There is an offset of -3 km/h. It's not a lot, but it may put me in trouble in highly monitored places (photo radar, school zones, etc.) When the needle indicates 50 km/h, the car goes at 53 km/h. The same offset applies on all the speedometer range.

I remarked that when the car is standing still, the needle indicates -3 km/h. So it is not related to tire size and other "conversion" factors.

In fact, I observed the phenomenon while I was using the cruise control. I remarked that each time I set the cruise control to a given speed, the computer in the dashboard always indicated 3 km/h above the value indicated by the needle... I decided to use a GPS to measure my real speed. A GPS is very precise for measuring the speed. The conclusion is clear: the onboard computer has the real speed, the needle is offset by -3 km/h !

I asked GM if this can be corrected. I wait for the answer... My dealer told me that usually, they never touch the speedometer.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to leogag1's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help leogag1 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
leogag1 is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links