SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn S-Series > S-Series Tech
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 07-11-2001, 10:30 AM   #1
beasjd

Default back up lights

I asked this question before but didn't get any replies, so I'll ask it again. How do you remove the back up bulbs from a 95 SC2????

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to beasjd's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help beasjd reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!

SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 07-11-2001, 10:50 AM   #2
HotShot
HotShot is on a distinguished road

Get a Chilton......

Most likely (mine anyways), you need a torx screwdriver (whatever size), open the trunk, undo the screws, pop the entire assembly out, unscrew bulb, rescrew bulb.

If your not highly intuitive - get the Chilton...

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to HotShot's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help HotShot reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 07-11-2001, 02:25 PM   #3
beasjd

I got a Haynes manual, I couldn't find the Chiltons and the people at Trak Auto told me it was just as good. Their section on bulb removal only really covers headlights, and then a general rule on taking the bulbs out (Just pull). My backup lights aren't accessibile through the trunk, you have to climb under the car and get to them from behind the bumper. And they don't simply pull out, but I can't find anything holding them in there, no bolts or torx or screws or anything.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to beasjd's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help beasjd reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!

Old 07-11-2001, 02:57 PM   #4
ProjectSW1
ProjectSW1 is on a distinguished road

As I said in your earlier post...

Quote:
Just grap the "socket" and give it a lil turn to the left... like the same way you replace the tail lights bulbs...

There are no bolts, the socket assembly has tabs that hold it in place after it's put in and turned to the right... you'll understand better when you take one out...

Just turn it about an 1/8th turn to the left (counter-clockwise) and it will feel more "loose" then just pull it out of the lens

(That's how they work on the SW, It may or may not apply to your car, but probably will)

Later...
It's almost the exact same concept as the retaining ring that holds your mouse ball in (look under yer mouse)

Hope this helps...

---------------
----==[ ProjectSW1 ]==----
}> http://www.ProjectSW1.cjb.net

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to ProjectSW1's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help ProjectSW1 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Closed Thread