SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Categories > General Saturn Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-20-2009, 10:20 PM   #1
Charlie
Administrator
Charlie is a splendid one to beholdCharlie is a splendid one to beholdCharlie is a splendid one to beholdCharlie is a splendid one to beholdCharlie is a splendid one to beholdCharlie is a splendid one to beholdCharlie is a splendid one to beholdCharlie is a splendid one to behold

2008 Outlook XR
2005 VUE Red Line
Default Could this be the Next Saturn Sky?

A new image entry has been added:

Could this be the Next Saturn Sky?

Quote:
From the Detroit Free Press: French automaker Peugeot - frequently mentioned as a possible supplier of future Saturn cars - is to unveil the sleek RCZ coupe at the Frankfurt Auto Show next month. Very reminiscent of the Audi TT, the four-seat RCZ should go on sale in Europe next year.

2008 Saturn Outlook XR
2005 VUE Red Line
2002 L300 (sold)

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Charlie's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Charlie reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Charlie is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 08-20-2009, 10:30 PM   #2
Project
Project is on a distinguished road

2008 Astra XR
Default Re: Could this be the Next Saturn Sky?

Well it's not a 2 seat roadster so no...however that looks amazing.

Astra XR 3-door Blue (RIP Dec 22, 2010)
Mini Cooper S Horizon Blue/White

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Project's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Project reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Project is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2009, 08:26 AM   #3
BOB'Saturn
BOB'Saturn is on a distinguished road

1991 SL2

It could be the NEW SATURN SXZ(SEXY)!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to BOB'Saturn's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help BOB'Saturn reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
BOB'Saturn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2009, 11:29 AM   #4
SuperCujo
SuperCujo is on a distinguished road

2001 SL1
2007 ION-2 Sedan

I like the looks, but its made by Peugeot. From what I've heard (Top Gear) French Manufacturers aren't known for the best cars. Considering I have never even seen a Peugeot and the show thinks VW Beetles and Porsche 911s are the same then I guess I really don't know.

"The youth of today is rude, obnoxious, rebellious, lazy and have no respect for their elders."
- Σωκράτης Date: 400s BC

My Transmission shall now be known as "Sir Slam-A-Lot" .

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to SuperCujo's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help SuperCujo reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
SuperCujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2009, 11:51 AM   #5
rossao1
Advanced Member
rossao1 is on a distinguished road

2006 ION-3 Sedan

It looks like a Nissan 370Z to me. IMHO.

A Saturn owner since 10/91.
'92 SC, '91 SL2, 95 SW1, '06 ION3
other car- '02 Expedition 5.4L

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to rossao1's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help rossao1 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
rossao1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2009, 02:25 PM   #6
Toto
Toto is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperCujo View Post
I like the looks, but its made by Peugeot. From what I've heard (Top Gear) French Manufacturers aren't known for the best cars. Considering I have never even seen a Peugeot and the show thinks VW Beetles and Porsche 911s are the same then I guess I really don't know.
Please take top gear not too seriously, or do you really belief that every american car (except the Corvette and CTS-V) is garbage? That's what Jeremy Clarkson often said on his show. It's fun to watch, but that's it.

Last edited by Toto; 08-21-2009 at 02:40 PM..

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Toto's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Toto reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Toto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2009, 02:37 PM   #7
02OrangeSC2
02OrangeSC2 is on a distinguished road

2007 SKY Red Line
2004 ION Red Line
Thumbs Down Re: Could this be the Next Saturn Sky?

NO!
If they revive the SKY name, it better be a 2 seat roadster.

I don't like the Audi TT, and I don't like this.

The most Saturn's in Erie County Ohio
96 SL2 Gold
96 SC2 Red
02 SC2 Orange
04 ION RL GM Stage 2 Electric Blue
07 SKY RL GM Stage Kit Silver Graphite
10 SKY RL Black

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to 02OrangeSC2's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help 02OrangeSC2 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
02OrangeSC2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2009, 05:24 PM   #8
ruley73
Master Member
ruley73 is a name known to allruley73 is a name known to allruley73 is a name known to allruley73 is a name known to allruley73 is a name known to allruley73 is a name known to all

2007 ION-2 Quad Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by 02OrangeSC2 View Post
NO!
If they revive the SKY name, it better be a 2 seat roadster.

I don't like the Audi TT, and I don't like this.
Why not? The Sky was/is a great car, but this one will at least have alot more cargo space sufficient for long trips. I doubt those back seats can seat anyone comfortably anyways, kinda like the S-Series coupes - especially the 1st gens.

2007 Ion 2 Quad Coupe 5-speed manual 175K miles
2007 Chevy Equinox LT 170K miles

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to ruley73's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help ruley73 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
ruley73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2009, 07:31 AM   #9
SuperCujo
SuperCujo is on a distinguished road

2001 SL1
2007 ION-2 Sedan

I have to say, after finding this gallery this car looks amazing! Its suppose to be cheaper than an Audi TT ($35,200) and get a combined 33MPG. The only down side I could see is the top of the line version will only have a 200HP engine but it does 0-60 just as fast as a SKY Redline.

I do have a few nick picks myself.
This whole car is so symmetrical except for the dual exhaust, put one of those on the other side and the outside is perfect. For those of us who get snow, I think the back flexed windshield might cause snow to get funneled in towards the middle of the back window.
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_FoXyvaPSnV...CZ-Coupe-4.jpg

I have been in Lincolns that have the clock face for the time and I don't like it. I know they probably put it in there to add some class and luxury but make it so I have a digital readout on the clock face as well (sorry just a little pet peeve).

Also if you didn't notice, there is no display for your radio/music player. The driver does have a LCD screen in the instrument cluster and I am guessing it will have an media information line in there so its easier on the driver, but what about the passenger?
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_FoXyvaPSnV...Z-Coupe-12.jpg

The backseat look a little lack luster and flat.
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_FoXyvaPSnV...Z-Coupe-14.jpg
but... That could look like that because your comparing them to the huge bucket seats in the front.
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_FoXyvaPSnV...Z-Coupe-13.jpg

Look at that, something the Saturn Sky didn't have.
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_FoXyvaPSnV...Z-Coupe-11.jpg

I agree, if they do go with this car as Saturn's new sport option it shouldn't be called the Sky but I do think they should look into this thing since there is nothing that looks this in America.

I think I am starting to see what Penske is doing here, I thought he was just going to make a cheap deal with a flousy car company and just sit back and hope the money comes in. It looks more like he looking around at what the American market doesn't have, looking for those nitches and getting those companies that haven't had a chance to compete here yet, bring the best they have and challenge the big boys.

"The youth of today is rude, obnoxious, rebellious, lazy and have no respect for their elders."
- Σωκράτης Date: 400s BC

My Transmission shall now be known as "Sir Slam-A-Lot" .

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to SuperCujo's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help SuperCujo reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
SuperCujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2009, 11:15 AM   #10
hand-filer
hand-filer is on a distinguished road

2008 VUE Red Line

A little shy on HP but otherwise a fine looking car.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to hand-filer's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help hand-filer reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
hand-filer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2009, 12:07 PM   #11
m100
m100 is on a distinguished road

2008 Astra XR

looks good...is it FWD? or RWD/AWD?

"I love hot hatches..." Jeremy Clarkson

2008 Saturn Astra XR - Daily Driver
2005 Lotus Elise - Track Car
1991 Lotus M100 Elan - Project Car

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to m100's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help m100 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
m100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2009, 02:04 PM   #12
Project
Project is on a distinguished road

2008 Astra XR

http://www.peugeot.com/en/products/cars/rcz.aspx

there's the official site for it but it doesn't say, I'd wager it's front wheel drive

Astra XR 3-door Blue (RIP Dec 22, 2010)
Mini Cooper S Horizon Blue/White

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Project's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Project reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Project is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2009, 02:43 PM   #13
piney
Master Member
piney will become famous soon enoughpiney will become famous soon enough

Looks like a cross between a SC430 and an Audi TT.

Sharp looking but for midgets and only the smallest of children.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to piney's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help piney reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
piney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2009, 02:48 PM   #14
2NDSOUT
Master Member
2NDSOUT is a jewel in the rough2NDSOUT is a jewel in the rough2NDSOUT is a jewel in the rough2NDSOUT is a jewel in the rough

1994 SL2
1999 SL

Quote:
Peugots were sold in the U.S. back in the late 1970s/early 1980s.

Ferdinand Porsche was the original designer of the Volkswagen back around in the early 1930s/1940s...VW parts and Porsche parts are interchangeable on some of the older models.

Bryan

94SL2 HCE, "Pearl"

99 SL

94SL2 260K Miles
1/15

97SW2 266K Miles
2/15

Always
94SC1 340,501 Miles
Org. Engine/Auto Trans
2/97-10/08
Gone 3/12

92SL1
05VUE
91SC

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to 2NDSOUT's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help 2NDSOUT reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
2NDSOUT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2009, 02:52 PM   #15
piney
Master Member
piney will become famous soon enoughpiney will become famous soon enough

Quote:
I like the looks, but its made by Peugeot. From what I've heard (Top Gear) French Manufacturers aren't known for the best cars.
You'll never see a skinny Peugot mechanic.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to piney's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help piney reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
piney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2009, 12:14 AM   #16
s-seriesguy
s-seriesguy will become famous soon enough

It kind of looks like a mitsu eclipse from the side. Either way, it's french, me no like

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to s-seriesguy's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help s-seriesguy reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
s-seriesguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2009, 10:04 PM   #17
Starduster_Sat
Starduster_Sat is on a distinguished road

1997 SL2

And.. designed to make you think of the Peugeot 908 diesel LMP. (Yes, I know it's not that car, but...)

This is healthy- lots of ideas floating around. But first things first- Penske needs to complete the purchase and get the organization running on its own. Then we can all say to Car & Driver, LOUDLY, "we're not dead."

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Starduster_Sat's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Starduster_Sat reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Starduster_Sat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 09:02 AM   #18
BobbyP
Master Member
BobbyP is just really niceBobbyP is just really niceBobbyP is just really niceBobbyP is just really nice

2006 VUE Red Line
2007 SKY

IMO it wouldn't sell in America. The SKY name shouldn't be used on it.

An average person's reaction would be "What happened to it?", then they'll find out it's an imported facsimile.

It's not at all related, it's not a redesign, it's from a foreign country, all it shares is the brand name. It needs to have a different name.

2006 Black VUE Red Line - Now running iOS 11

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to BobbyP's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help BobbyP reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
BobbyP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 11:46 AM   #19
XRL
Master Member
XRL will become famous soon enoughXRL will become famous soon enough

2004 VUE Red Line

I doubt this will be a Saturn. I thought Penske already said he wanted to have Samsung build small cars in Korea.

But as has been brought up, The Frenchies sold cars over here, and failed miserably. French cars make the average American car look well made and that's saying something. But the biggest difference is that the French cars are/have been horribly unreliable, whereas American cars are simple but tough. It's not just Clarkson who preaches the fact that French cars are crap, you can look around and find it everywhere.

I fail to see why anyone would buy this over the Hyundai Genesis Coupe. I also don't think Americans will hop onto the Turbo 1.6L train yet, Americans can barely stand a turbo/supercharged 2L engine.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to XRL's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help XRL reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
XRL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 12:33 PM   #20
ToledoEngineer
ToledoEngineer is on a distinguished road

2008 SKY Red Line
1992 SL1

I really hope that if Penske does continue to use the existing Saturn lineup in the future that he either (1) has vehicles mnfg as redesigned models that actually started with what currently exists, or (2) buys the newer versions of the existing models from GM or Opel (if produced). It would bug me to all hell if they had the brilliant :sarcasm: idea to take a completely different car, with completely different parts and design, and made by a completely different entity with absolutely NO affiliation with the previous mnfgr, and call it the same name as before. At least have the decency to come up with a completely new name for a completely different car.

For example, that picture shown of the RCZ coupe looks absolutely NOTHING like a Sky. And pretty much always when a car is redesigned, it at least looks a little bit like the previous incarnation. So I would hope that any new Saturn entity would not consider using a current name for a car like that, if they would potentially sell them.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to ToledoEngineer's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help ToledoEngineer reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
ToledoEngineer is offline   Reply With Quote