SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Categories > General Saturn Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-03-2009, 10:54 PM   #1
Charlie
Administrator
Charlie is a splendid one to beholdCharlie is a splendid one to beholdCharlie is a splendid one to beholdCharlie is a splendid one to beholdCharlie is a splendid one to beholdCharlie is a splendid one to beholdCharlie is a splendid one to beholdCharlie is a splendid one to behold

2008 Outlook XR
2005 VUE Red Line
Default Editorial: Saturn Heads to the Junkyard

A new feeditems entry has been added:

Editorial: Saturn Heads to the Junkyard

Quote:
From the San Fransisco Chronicle: Quality ride, nice price, made in the USA. For nearly two decades, this description worked for Saturn, which preferred the ad-agency slogan, "a different kind of car company." But now the car is history, orphaned by General Motors, whose executives proudly created it, then undercut it and finally gave up on it.

2008 Saturn Outlook XR
2005 VUE Red Line
2002 L300 (sold)

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Charlie's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Charlie reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Charlie is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 10-04-2009, 03:30 AM   #2
Jaseball
Master Member
Jaseball will become famous soon enough

Default Re: Editorial: Saturn Heads to the Junkyard

It sucks that some media are giving Saturn some praise after it dies as a company. I guess it isn't polite to speak ill of the dead.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Jaseball's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Jaseball reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Jaseball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2009, 08:43 PM   #3
paul66212
paul66212 is on a distinguished road

2007 AURA XR
Default Re: Editorial: Saturn Heads to the Junkyard

I loved my Saturns (SL-1,95, SL2-02) both went out with decent milage. I still have my Aura 07 and love it. I replaced my SL-2 with a Nissan Altima because it was the best used car on the lot of a former Saturn Dealer. This car is solid and should have been made by Saturn, but GM and the USA and the Unions gave up on small cars due to the low profit margin. Seems as though you cant support the furlows and union loafers with small car profits.
Nissan is made in USA in NON-UNION factories. The extra effort and money goes to the car and not to support the "welfare union croud" Farewell Saturn, it was nice to know ya.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to paul66212's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help paul66212 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
paul66212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2009, 08:51 PM   #4
teshika33
teshika33 is on a distinguished road

2007 ION-3 Sedan
Idea Re: Editorial: Saturn Heads to the Junkyard

Why is Saturn going to the junkyard? I still would like to say GM caused this demise to happen by taking it over when they were doing good as an independent company. Now what car would I get now? I have only driven Saturns as they are made in the US and gave me no drama. I gave up on Chrysler due to the fact that the Neon that I once loved let me down badly. I now own my second Saturn which is the ION after I traded in my SL1. I wish that I had kept my SL1 and owned the ION. Enough of about me, I still believe that GM should let Saturn branch off and become their own company again instead of driving it into the ground like they did the other brands that they have.

The got rid of Pontiac, which seemed to be doing good, Saab was good, and now they want to keep Chevy which is good also, however, why keep Cadillac, Buick, and the Chevy SUV's around when gas prices alone is killing the chances of these cars being sold? I don't understand why GM doesn't get rid of the upper management that they have who make this brainless decisions of how to run a company and blame the economy for their careless decisions.

Peace

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to teshika33's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help teshika33 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
teshika33 is offline   Reply With Quote