SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Aura > Aura General
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-16-2009, 02:01 PM   #1
NOLA-Vue
NOLA-Vue is on a distinguished road

2008 AURA XE
2006 VUE 2.2L
Default AURA Warning Chime

Any techs around? Shade-tree Mechanics? I have a problem. The chime sound that we most often hear when the key is left in the ignition on my AURA has all of a sudden become just barely audible. In some ways it is no big deal NOT to hear the chime, but the chime does act as an audible warning for some functions of the DIC that I'd sure like to hear. So my question is, especially since we have no area retailers left since the bankruptcy, what controls and/or produces the chime? The BCM is my guess. Is there a plug-in module that generates the sound? How can it be fixed?

For the record, I don't want to take it to another GM dealer and risk that they might tear up more than I'd be able to fix, after their done. Any help is greatly appreciated.

"The principle difference between a man and a dog is that if you take a dog in and make him prosperous, he won't bite you!" - Mark Twain

2008 Aura XE-4
2006 VUE 2.2L

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to NOLA-Vue's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help NOLA-Vue reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
NOLA-Vue is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 08-16-2009, 06:40 PM   #2
gregh2000
gregh2000 has a spectacular aura aboutgregh2000 has a spectacular aura about

2007 AURA XR
Default Re: AURA Warning Chime

Turn the ignition on, turn the radio off, then press and hold the last preset button. That will set the volume level for the dings.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to gregh2000's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help gregh2000 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
gregh2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 01:16 PM   #3
cfisher2
cfisher2 is on a distinguished road

2007 AURA XR

Will this also change the volume of the ding for no seatbelt?

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to cfisher2's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help cfisher2 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
cfisher2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 04:20 PM   #4
AuraDrvr89
Master Member
AuraDrvr89 will become famous soon enough

2007 AURA XE

Yes it does. I also noticed that the turn signal seems a bit louder since I changed it to "loud." But I could, of course, be wrong.

-Joel

Now: 2009 BMW 328i xDrive, Monaco Blue Metallic
Then:
2007 SATURN AURA XE,Cream White
2004 Saturn Ion 3 Special Edition Sedan, Onyx Black

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to AuraDrvr89's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help AuraDrvr89 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
AuraDrvr89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 11:27 PM   #5
NOLA-Vue

2008 AURA XE
2006 VUE 2.2L

Thanks folks! I sure learned a new trick! But it didn't seem to work. Maybe there is something else wrong, or what might I have done wrong? When I followed gregh2000 instructions (much much thanks by-the-way for your response!) I did get a Normal and Loud sound and the words showed up at the test settings. However, after I think I set the "Loud" or the "Normal" setting, removed the key and replaced the key I still barely got any sound.

Could you please give me any other advice? Did I miss a step in the setup? And how ever did you guys know and learn about that trick?

Thanks so much again!

"The principle difference between a man and a dog is that if you take a dog in and make him prosperous, he won't bite you!" - Mark Twain

2008 Aura XE-4
2006 VUE 2.2L

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help NOLA-Vue reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 08-18-2009, 10:19 AM   #6
gregh2000
gregh2000 has a spectacular aura aboutgregh2000 has a spectacular aura about

2007 AURA XR

No thats all you have to do to change the volume. The sound comes out of the drivers side speaker so maybe having the door open is enough to make it sound quieter to you? Or maybe your speaker is broken?

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to gregh2000's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help gregh2000 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
gregh2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 12:25 AM   #7
NOLA-Vue

2008 AURA XE
2006 VUE 2.2L

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregh2000 View Post
No thats all you have to do to change the volume. The sound comes out of the drivers side speaker so maybe having the door open is enough to make it sound quieter to you? Or maybe your speaker is broken?
No, neither is the case. I'll just keep trying the setting steps and letting all the software cycle itself as I start up and use the car, maybe it will cure itself.

Again, I very much appreciate your help and suggestions. Thanks too for your quick responses.

2008 Aura XE-4
2006 VUE 2.2L

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 10-21-2009, 03:46 PM   #8
zachadeous
zachadeous is on a distinguished road

2007 AURA XE

Thanks for posting that information. I bought my Aura used last year and really my only complaint has been how overly loud the darn warning dings are. I always wear my seatbelt, but have always started the car first to give the engine a sec to warm up. (doesn't take long in texas

I think it must be set to loud... hopefully this will fix it

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to zachadeous's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help zachadeous reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
zachadeous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2009, 08:55 AM   #9
Seasoned
Seasoned is on a distinguished road

2007 AURA XR
2004 ION-2 Quad Coupe

I have an intermittent problem with my chimes on my 07 XR. They sometimes disappear altogether or the chime is slowed down (Like when a battery is running down), then, most times, they are O/K.

Needless to say the chimes have worked fine when the car is at the dealers.

The only time I find it a problem is when I put on the indicators and there is no audible chime to let you know. That can throw you as it 'feels' like you have no indicators.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Seasoned's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Seasoned reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Seasoned is offline   Reply With Quote