SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Ion > Ion Tech
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-10-2009, 07:18 PM   #1
melanief
melanief is on a distinguished road

Default 03 Ion engine codes, relating to ICM and o2 sensor

I have a 2003 Ion with 80k miles, and a few days ago the SES light began blinking and the car had no pick up. Took it in to get diagnosed, codes came back: P0300 - random multiple misfire, P0037 - H20 sensor something, and P0141 - o2 sensor malfunction.

Replaced ignition coil, ignition control module, spark plugs, and boots. Light came off, car is driving perfectly again.

SES light came on steady after about 15 miles. Codes are coming P0037 and P0141, but car is still running fine. I'm guessing the ICM and new coils took care of the P0300 code, but am not sure about these two remaining ones.

Could it be an o2 sensor or catalyctic converter (research on this forum seems like it could be either)? If o2 sensor, the P0037 code mentions sensor 2, but how do you know which one? Is it still safe to drive in the mean time?

I've already fixed my SC2 off this forum, and replaced the Ion ICM and coils with advice from here, and this is the best place to ask it seems!! Thanks for any help.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to melanief's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help melanief reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
melanief is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 08-10-2009, 08:56 PM   #2
2006 ion2
Master Member
2006 ion2 will become famous soon enough2006 ion2 will become famous soon enough

2007 ION-2 Sedan
Default Re: 03 Ion engine codes, relating to ICM and o2 sensor

http://foxed.ca/rx7manual/2003mazdar...200001W04.html

this is a link explaining p0037

http://www.parksoffroad.com/tacomamo...de/cip0141.pdf

and a link for p0141. it could simply be the rear O2 sensor (look under the car at the passenger side of the exhaust under the car), wiring, or the ECU, but is usually not the ECU. good luck, let us know what happens.

2007 Saturn Ion 2
2003 Chevrolet venture lt

trifecta dealer for the U.P. and WI. There is no two door ion. Proudly driving one of the last saturns produced before gm killed the brand.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to 2006 ion2's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help 2006 ion2 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
2006 ion2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2009, 04:32 AM   #3
Maritime Storm
Advanced Member
Maritime Storm has a spectacular aura aboutMaritime Storm has a spectacular aura about

2003 ION-2 Sedan

I'm not sure about your local, but around here the least expensive replacement rear O2 is at Saturn, by $100. Not sure why the aftermarket one is more expensive.

Save the Earth, Ban Slushboxes!!!!!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Maritime Storm's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Maritime Storm reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Maritime Storm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 02:33 PM   #4
melanief

Thanks for the advice! I think that since we don't have a lift, and it's 150 degrees in Phoenix right now, we may just bring it in somewhere.

I'll post if I do try anything else myself... we'll see!! Thanks again.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help melanief reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 08-14-2009, 03:26 PM   #5
melanief

Thanks for the advice! I think that since we don't have a lift, and it's 150 degrees in Phoenix right now, we may just bring it in somewhere.

I'll post if I do try anything else myself... we'll see!! Thanks again.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!