SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Categories > General Saturn Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-22-2009, 01:19 AM   #1
Jaseball
Master Member
Jaseball will become famous soon enough

Default My Saturn Dealership is now Chevy

It's a strange feeling going into a dealership that proudly sold Saturn cars for over a decade and seeing Chevy splashed all over the place. The permanent Chevy signage is not up yet, but Saturn is covered up with temporary plastic signs.

There are still old signs of Saturn. They are using the paperwork for receipts, but business cards are Chevy. One vending machine still has a Saturn facade. The Saturn hats, shirts, keychains, and other items are gone.

In the showroom there is a $85K Corvette, $59K Corvette, and other Vette.

They still took and honored my $29 oil change coupon. Still washed the Ion too.

The service bay now has a 1 Saturn to 10 Chevy ratio, when before it was almost all Saturn.

It really did feel like the end of an era. I really like that service center and have taken my Saturn cars there for service since 1993. I'll still go there for help and service because many of the same folks still work there, but it sure was a strange feeling.

This dealer was the one of the last holding on around the area. They were and still are getting a ton of service business from the 3 Saturn dealers that already closed awhile back.

I'm not sure what Penske is really buying besides a brand name. It is hard to imagine many solo Saturn dealers remaining after he closes his deal with GM.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Jaseball's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Jaseball reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Jaseball is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 08-22-2009, 08:23 AM   #2
Michel1961
Michel1961 is on a distinguished road

Default Re: My Saturn Dealership is now Chevy

I share your feelings and puzzlement. I was shifted to a Chev dealer for service a few months back. Been there twice since. Some of the Saturn staff is there but they feel beaten down and disconnected. I suspect they'd rather be elsewhere. The place looks and smells bad. Fading posters on the walls. They do not even offer a waiting area for customers. Now I know what my dad felt like when he had his GM serviced in the 60s.

I was still somewhat optimistic about servicing my Aura at a Chev dealership until last week, when I brought the car in for an oil change. They lubricated the hinges and forgot to change the oil (it was on the work order) ! Forced me to go back the following day, leave the car there all day (no appointments available) and made no attempt at an apology. No need to say I was much impressed and am now very likely to buy a Chevy !

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Michel1961's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Michel1961 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Michel1961 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2009, 11:08 AM   #3
steadler
steadler is on a distinguished road

2008 AURA XE

I had to go to the Chevy dealer for a rattle behind the glove compartment and an oil change.

Well they did not fix my rattle it's still there, they said it was the door but it's not. They charged Gm for that ...useless.

I also had motor oil stains inside the car...they did not remove that paper mat and thin plastic seat covering when I came in for service... when I came back the car was not parked where they said it was .

My previous trip to the Saturn dealer everything was VERY clean... they even washed the car for free and the car was driven to the door .

What are you supposed to do ?
They cannot do that kind of crappy Chevy service.. they will loose customers!

2008 AURA XE 3.5
TECHO GRAY
mfg june '08

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to steadler's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help steadler reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
steadler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2009, 11:52 AM   #4
adventureoflink
Master Member
adventureoflink has a spectacular aura aboutadventureoflink has a spectacular aura aboutadventureoflink has a spectacular aura about

1997 SL2

that's nothing, a chevy dealership became a KIA dealership

damn imports.

97 SL2
DOB: 3/19/97
Date Obtained: 5/30/07

2004 Merc G.Marquis GS
DOB: 2/4/04
Date Obtained: 7/6/12

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to adventureoflink's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help adventureoflink reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
adventureoflink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 03:42 PM   #5
davidsky
Master Member
davidsky will become famous soon enoughdavidsky will become famous soon enough

2005 ION-1 Sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by steadler View Post
What are you supposed to do ?
They cannot do that kind of crappy Chevy service.. they will loose customers!
They definitely won't lose any customers compared to being Saturn, their customer base will increase 10 fold just because of the brand.
All the stuff except them not fixing the rattle is pointless and takes up too much time.

Member of the Crank Window Club

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to davidsky's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help davidsky reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
davidsky is offline   Reply With Quote