SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Categories > General Saturn Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-29-2009, 08:30 PM   #21
s-seriesguy
s-seriesguy will become famous soon enough

Default Re: The Worlds Most Loyal and Dedicated Saturn Family

Well at least one good thing came from all of your purchases, you're no longer one of those people who think that toyota vechiles are the best and everything else is crap.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to s-seriesguy's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help s-seriesguy reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
s-seriesguy is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 07-30-2009, 10:31 AM   #22
ClapDaddy
Advanced Member
ClapDaddy will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by rossao1 View Post
WTG AL!

Rossao1,

Thanks!

Still trying to hit the fifty mark. Should be able to get a FREE one then.

Al ClapDaddy

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to ClapDaddy's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help ClapDaddy reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
ClapDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 10:34 AM   #23
ClapDaddy
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2NDSOUT View Post
I've met Al a few times at some Saturn get-togethers in Columbus; but I had no idea that he has had this many!

Interestingly...only a few L-Series and VUEs...why so few?

Pretty cool, though

Bryan,

Thanks!

The L just never met what we were looking for at the time. Plus the problems we had with our 2000 LW1 kept us away.

Al ClapDaddy

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help ClapDaddy reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 07-30-2009, 10:38 AM   #24
ClapDaddy
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by plato View Post
how do people afford buying a new car every other year?

Plato,

Good Question!

Most of the time, we had equity in our trades. Plus in my former job, my $$$$ helped to make it possible.

If you read my post, you will see the logic on the purchases of me and my significant other

Al ClapDaddy

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 07-30-2009, 10:40 AM   #25
ClapDaddy
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by crystal scan View Post
because they are rich, and some reason are sucked in
Crystal Scan,

Unfortunately I guess I drank to much of the Saturn Kool Aid. I now know why they give it to you free and it is in the form of ice cubes.

Al ClapDaddy

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 07-30-2009, 10:43 AM   #26
ClapDaddy
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by eRic 02sc2 View Post
because S-Series rock! and they were in production from 1991-2002 which is longer than the rest. I own(ed)
1992 SC 5-spd man, no ABS
1996 SC2 5-spd man, no ABS, no TRAC
2002 SC2 5-spd man, no ABS, no TRAC
Eric,

I agree with you although I really liked my 2005 Redline ION.

Also miss the 98SL2 that I had when we were in Spring Hill for the Auto-Cross.

Al ClapDaddy

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 07-30-2009, 10:46 AM   #27
ClapDaddy
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie View Post
Really? Buying one Saturn would be good, but one person going back to buy the same brand of car over and over again speaks volumes for their enthusiasm and loyalty to Saturn.

You guys are a tough crowd -- 47 Saturns purchased by one family is quite a feat!!

Why take what should be a happy and momentous occasion and be so critical?

Charlie
Charlie,

Thanks! But I also think once the folks see why the changes it hopefully makes more sense. I only put my wife's and mine up here. But both of my kids totalled out a Saturn. Guess they wanted to see how well they did in a severe accident.

Al ClapDaddy

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 07-30-2009, 10:51 AM   #28
ClapDaddy
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by madpogue View Post
He listed it that way because the gen-1 5-speed ABS cars didn't have TRAC.

Yeah, tough crowd indeed. Does it really matter whether Al and family still own/drive all those cars? Whatever they've sold off, most of them are probably STILL being driven by SOMEONE. It'd be cool to own a secondhand former Clapdaddy-mobile. Shoot, whoever bought wolfman's "old '97" when he went off the res should be proud of that car's provenance.

And no, I wouldn't say Low Saturn has "a lot of money". Yeah, it's expensive to live where he lives, but he didn't buy all 23 of his Saturns new, the way Al and his family have bought their 47. Low is famous for finding cars and parts that he can buy for the change that's stuck in the cushions of his couch. Al and family obviously have a different approach. Is one approach or the other "better"? Of course not. It's a big enough world, with room for people with wildly different ways of doing things; the one thing that's in common is an obvious appreciation for Saturns, and for Saturn.

HAH, I did manage to find one thing on which to criticize the Clapsaddle family -- 47 Saturns and only one wagon? What were you thinking?
Madpogue,

Well I am one of nine and we always had to have a Station Wagon

The horrible flashbacks were to much for me

Though we did have two wagons. My brother had an "S" series wagon and I had an LW1.

Thanks for the kind words.

Al ClapDaddy

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 07-30-2009, 10:56 AM   #29
ClapDaddy
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by madpogue View Post
Between houses, spouses and cars (sounds like a bad movie title), if it's cars you choose to switch every few years, I'd say you have your priorities straight.

In the ION? Wouldn't that make it a "fender cracker"?

BTW, the banner ad STILL says "32"....

Madpogue,

ROTFLMAO! Well it is my weakness. Don't Drink, Smoke or Gamble and don't know how to "fool around".

The ION would be considered a fender cracker, like you said. I must have been confused.

Working with my ad company to get the banner corrected

Al ClapDaddy

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 07-30-2009, 11:10 AM   #30
ClapDaddy
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by s-seriesguy View Post
Well at least one good thing came from all of your purchases, you're no longer one of those people who think that toyota vechiles are the best and everything else is crap.
S-Seriesguy,

Sort of a funny story about my Toyota Purchases. I am from Detroit and would NEVER had considered a foreign car. But finally got tired of the stuff on my last two American cars BEFORE I bought a Toyota. My 1984 Voyager was the worse vehicle and the local dealer sent me over the edge. My wife's 1987 Grand Am SE had two items that kept falling off. One being the turn signal. The third time it happened the local dealer said she was doing it "on purpose". Called Pontiac and they blew me off. Then the engine went at 75,000 miles. Called Pontiac to see if they would help. Said no! Did some checking on my own and found several in my area that also failed at about the 75,000 mark. Pontiac then decided to pay half of the repair. Got it fixed and got rid of it.

Saturn really should thank my son. If he was not firm on wanting a Saturn, I would probably still be driving Toyotas and would NEVER have been part of this forum

p.s. There are other examples but only used the last two to explain my decision to go to Toyota.

Al ClapDaddy

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 07-30-2009, 01:19 PM   #31
ToledoEngineer
ToledoEngineer is on a distinguished road

2008 SKY Red Line
1992 SL1

Quote:
Earlier this month, Al Clapsaddle's wife took delivery of a brand new 2009 Saturn Aura XE their family's 47th new Saturn! Significantly, someone in Al's family has owned at least one Saturn from every model year since 1993.
Maybe I read the list wrong, but this statement seems misleading. I counted out the 47 cars on the list (sine that's how many were mentioned in the articale) and I didnt see a single Sky, Relay, or Outlook. So they really haven't owned one vehicle of every model year since 1993. But then again, it could have been an extended family member that owns/owned them. But if that's the case, I'd like to see the numbers for how many saturns were owned including extended family (siblings, nieces, nephews, parents, etc). lol.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to ToledoEngineer's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help ToledoEngineer reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
ToledoEngineer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 09:42 PM   #32
page2171
page2171 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToledoEngineer View Post
Maybe I read the list wrong, but this statement seems misleading. I counted out the 47 cars on the list (sine that's how many were mentioned in the articale) and I didnt see a single Sky, Relay, or Outlook. So they really haven't owned one vehicle of every model year since 1993. But then again, it could have been an extended family member that owns/owned them. But if that's the case, I'd like to see the numbers for how many saturns were owned including extended family (siblings, nieces, nephews, parents, etc). lol.
Ummm...they didn't mean one of each model from each model year, they meant at least one model (meaning vehicle) from each model year.

ClapDaddy, I applaud your loyalty. You won't get any bashing from me.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to page2171's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help page2171 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
page2171 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 05:44 PM   #33
ClapDaddy
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by page2171 View Post
Ummm...they didn't mean one of each model from each model year, they meant at least one model (meaning vehicle) from each model year.

ClapDaddy, I applaud your loyalty. You won't get any bashing from me.
page2171,

I did NOT consider the responses as Bashing, just disappointing.

Thanks for clearing up my purchases!

Al ClapDaddy

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 07-31-2009, 08:01 PM   #34
page2171
page2171 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClapDaddy View Post
page2171,

I did NOT consider the responses as Bashing, just disappointing.

Thanks for clearing up my purchases!
I guess bashing was a poor choice in words.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to page2171's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help page2171 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
page2171 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2009, 01:09 PM   #35
BobbyP
Master Member
BobbyP is just really niceBobbyP is just really niceBobbyP is just really niceBobbyP is just really nice

2006 VUE Red Line
2007 SKY

Al didn't want to wait for the new Samsung Saturn?

No SKY or Astras?

I can see the promotions... Free flat screen with every car purchase...

2006 Black VUE Red Line - Now running iOS 11

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to BobbyP's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help BobbyP reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
BobbyP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2009, 05:12 PM   #36
ClapDaddy
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyP View Post
Al didn't want to wait for the new Samsung Saturn?

No SKY or Astras?

I can see the promotions... Free flat screen with every car purchase...

Bobby,

One of my Brothers and my Son both have 2008 ASTRAs XE Auto, Black.

The SKY would not work unless I get a BIGGER Garage and more $$$$$.

With each purchase of the NEW Saturns (Penske), the customer will get a FREE Checkered Autographed Shirt.

Al ClapDaddy

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 08-03-2009, 07:56 PM   #37
HyperCube33
HyperCube33 is on a distinguished road

2003 VUE 3.0L

You guys all suck! A beat up and neglected SC2 was my first car and I was forced to scrap er' at 250k - not bad for buying a used car that wasnt even drivable. It made me fall in love with Saturn, and the icing on the cake was that my car wouldn't ever rust (always showing her true colors,) was made in america, not too far from me (I live in the midwest,) and that it was a very fun car to drive and own.

I recently got my parents Vue (3.0L, 2003 AWD) and I hope to drive it for a long time even though I have a bad habit of putting a lot of miles on a car a year (40k+)

I'd give anything to buy another SC2 (2002 yellow one sits outside my apartment reminding me how poor I am) or another Vue, and it broke my heart when the dealer down the road closed its doors marking the end of an era.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to HyperCube33's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help HyperCube33 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
HyperCube33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 04:56 PM   #38
David 93 SL2m
Master Member
David 93 SL2m is a jewel in the roughDavid 93 SL2m is a jewel in the roughDavid 93 SL2m is a jewel in the roughDavid 93 SL2m is a jewel in the rough

2004 VUE 2.2L
2007 ION-3 Sedan
Happy Re: The Worlds Most Loyal and Dedicated Saturn Family

Unless the car was repainted yellow, a yellow SC2 would be a 2001 model year car.

As of Oct 2017
∙ 2002 SL1 128K
∙ 2004 VUE 120K
∙ 2007 ION3 108K
Past
∙ 1993 SL2 212K
∙ 1993 SC2 140K
∙ 1996 SC2 157K
∙ 1996 SC2 126K
∙ 2001 SC2, 145K
∙ 2002 L200 20K

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to David 93 SL2m's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help David 93 SL2m reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
David 93 SL2m is offline   Reply With Quote