SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Site Information > Community Center
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-15-2009, 01:13 PM   #1
Charlie
Administrator
Charlie has much to be proud ofCharlie has much to be proud ofCharlie has much to be proud ofCharlie has much to be proud ofCharlie has much to be proud ofCharlie has much to be proud ofCharlie has much to be proud ofCharlie has much to be proud of

2008 Outlook XR
2005 VUE Red Line
Default Announcement: SaturnFest Virtual Homecoming Returns this Fall to SaturnFans.com

A new story entry has been added:

Announcement: SaturnFest Virtual Homecoming Returns this Fall to SaturnFans.com

Quote:
I'm excited to announce the return of SaturnFest

2008 Saturn Outlook XR
2005 VUE Red Line
2002 L300 (sold)

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Charlie's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Charlie reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Charlie is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 07-15-2009, 01:16 PM   #2
Saturnfan2004
Saturnfan2004 is on a distinguished road

2008 Astra XE
2006 ION-2 Sedan
Thumbs Up Re: Announcement: SaturnFest Virtual Homecoming Returns this Fall to SaturnFans.com

Now this is awesome news

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Saturnfan2004's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Saturnfan2004 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Saturnfan2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 01:20 PM   #3
2NDSOUT
Master Member
2NDSOUT is just really nice2NDSOUT is just really nice2NDSOUT is just really nice2NDSOUT is just really nice

1994 SL2
1999 SL
Thumbs Up Re: Announcement: SaturnFest Virtual Homecoming Returns this Fall to SaturnFans.com

This will be interesting...not sure how a "Virtual" Homecoming will happen.

I wasn't aware that there was one held previously.

Exciting news indeed.

Bryan

94SL2 HCE, "Pearl"

99 SL

94SL2 260K Miles
1/15

97SW2 266K Miles
2/15

Always
94SC1 340,501 Miles
Org. Engine/Auto Trans
2/97-10/08
Gone 3/12

92SL1
05VUE
91SC

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to 2NDSOUT's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help 2NDSOUT reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
2NDSOUT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 01:28 PM   #4
rhroyer
rhroyer is on a distinguished road

Default Re: Announcement: SaturnFest Virtual Homecoming Returns this Fall to SaturnFans.com

Charlie, thanks for the lead-in to make everyone think it had something to do with Saturn! It's not like the retailers would wonder what was coming.
We appreciate it.
Also, I will make sure not to go to your "homecoming".
I can't tell you how much this angers me.
Rick

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to rhroyer's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help rhroyer reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
rhroyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 01:51 PM   #5
TaylorMutts
TaylorMutts is on a distinguished road

Default Re: Announcement: SaturnFest Virtual Homecoming Returns this Fall to SaturnFans.com

Hey...go easy on Charlie. He added a disclaimer yesterday that this announcement had nothing to do with the sale of Saturn to Penske. I think the virtual homecoming is a neat idea. Can't wait to attend!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to TaylorMutts's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help TaylorMutts reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
TaylorMutts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 01:54 PM   #6
marx404
Master Member
marx404 will become famous soon enough

2008 Astra XE

I'm putting on a coat of virtual wax on my avatar just for the event!

marx404
Saturn lives on.

1994 SL2
2002 SC2
2007 ION.3
2008 Astra XE
2004 L300.1

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to marx404's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help marx404 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
marx404 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 01:55 PM   #7
MyOutlookonLife
MyOutlookonLife is on a distinguished road

2008 Outlook XE
2006 VUE Red Line

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhroyer View Post
Charlie, thanks for the lead-in to make everyone think it had something to do with Saturn! It's not like the retailers would wonder what was coming.
We appreciate it.
Rick
My gawd man... get a life.

You are acting like a 5 year old that had his hopes up for a new pony and only got a stick pony.

I am sure there are lots of people that will mourn you not showing up for this event.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to MyOutlookonLife's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help MyOutlookonLife reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
MyOutlookonLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 01:59 PM   #8
TaylorMutts
TaylorMutts is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by marx404 View Post
I'm putting on a coat of virtual wax on my avatar just for the event!
Good thing....that avatar is getting a little worn.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to TaylorMutts's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help TaylorMutts reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
TaylorMutts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 02:07 PM   #9
roadking
roadking is on a distinguished road

To call this a big announcement, during these times, was at best in poor taste. Peoples jobs potentially hang in the balance of each "big" piece of news about Saturn right now. Please Charlie, don't tease anymore.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to roadking's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help roadking reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
roadking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 02:31 PM   #10
Saturn#5
Saturn#5 is on a distinguished road

2008 Astra XE
2007 VUE 2.2L

It sounds GREAT! To have virtual fun and "meet up" with all the other Saturns! What could be better. It is not the BIG NEWS I was hoping for...but I also didn't have someone giving me a million dollars today either!!!! So I'm about even I figure!

Thanks Charlie!

Saturn#5

Saturn car history:
1995 SL2
2002 LW200
2005 ION
2007 VUE
2008 Astra

HEY GM...KISS MY ASTRA!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Saturn#5's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Saturn#5 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Saturn#5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 04:05 PM   #11
SaturnSdn
Master Member
SaturnSdn will become famous soon enoughSaturnSdn will become famous soon enough

2007 ION-3 Sedan
2007 ION-3 Sedan

or by signing up to have the latest SaturnFans news updates delivered each morning directly in your mailbox.

Yes this is good stuff that I signed up to get directly in my mailbox each morning, except I get NOTHING in my mailbox NOTHING at all when I signed up for it. Just a whole lot of NOTHING

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to SaturnSdn's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help SaturnSdn reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
SaturnSdn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 04:31 PM   #12
Low Saturn
Low Saturn is a splendid one to beholdLow Saturn is a splendid one to beholdLow Saturn is a splendid one to beholdLow Saturn is a splendid one to beholdLow Saturn is a splendid one to beholdLow Saturn is a splendid one to beholdLow Saturn is a splendid one to behold

2000 SC2

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by roadking View Post
To call this a big announcement, during these times, was at best in poor taste. Peoples jobs potentially hang in the balance of each "big" piece of news about Saturn right now. Please Charlie, don't tease anymore.
Wow. This just proves the point the lack of common sense the average person has.

I'm pretty sure employees of Saturn would know about what is going on within the organization more than a internet based owners forum/website that has no affiliation what so ever with Saturn or GM.

I mean if there was some big secret revealed about the company today at 2:00, Common sense would say it would of been mentioned elsewhere. But like I said, common sense is lacking.

Mike

-1991 Turbo SL2 - Gone, but not forgotten.
11.809 @ 116.488 mph
www.differentracing.com

-2000 Saturn SC2
-2001 Chevrolet Suburban
-2011 Rally Yellow Chevrolet Camaro 2SS RS

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Low Saturn's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Low Saturn reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Low Saturn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 04:38 PM   #13
plato
plato is on a distinguished road

2005 ION-2 Sedan
1996 SC2

ahaha, what a let-down, just like the real GM....

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to plato's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help plato reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
plato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 04:55 PM   #14
Astra La Vista!
Astra La Vista! has a spectacular aura aboutAstra La Vista! has a spectacular aura about

2008 Astra XR

Man. Some of you (1 post rhroyer and 2 post roadking) need a diaper change and some nap time. Seriously.

What did people honestly expect the announcement to be? What do you think the chances would be that Charlie -- and only Charlie -- had some "major breaking news" regarding GM/Saturn/Penske/Opel/Magna that no one else on the entire web knew about?

"That's a Hruck Bugbear, manufactured in Eastern Europe in the eighties and imported to the States. People mock it as a poor man's Yugo. I consider it the pinnacle of Cold War Balkan engineering."

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Astra La Vista!'s Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Astra La Vista! reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Astra La Vista! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 05:10 PM   #15
ClapDaddy
Advanced Member
ClapDaddy will become famous soon enough

Quote:
We appreciate it.
Rick
Rick,

Sorry you feel THAT way. Charlie is NOT A Saturn Employee nor does he work for ANY Retail Facility.

He is JUST a SaturnFan that has spent IMO way too many hours trying to promote, his passion; SATURN.

If you work for a Retail Facility, there is a place where you can get information and ask questions of the moderator, who works for Saturn.

Charlie was just trying to get us ALL on the same page again, now that we are moving into a new era.

Al ClapDaddy

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to ClapDaddy's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help ClapDaddy reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
ClapDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 05:22 PM   #16
ClapDaddy
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadking View Post
Roadking,

It is IMO a HUGE announcement. After the months here seeing the first generation owners not satisifed unless the "S" series comes back, to the second generation owners who NOW want tons of IONS. to the current Saturn owners who like their "steel" Saturns, I am GLAD to have this opportunity to participate with what we ALL are; SATURN FANS.

I sell Saturns and my job has really been hurt by GM's decisions. Several of my family members, in Michigan have been out of work and may end up losing their homes. So.. I know what is like to wait for announcements.

What IMO is poor taste, is for you to post this here instead of E-Mailing Charlie.

This site takes up many hours for Charlie and if I was Charlie, I would just shut it down. Charlie has a full time job and if you look at the times he posts/updates items here, you would think he has a clone.

In conclusion, Charlie is JUST a SaturnFan who has created this site for those of us who are also fans of Saturn.

Al ClapDaddy

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help ClapDaddy reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 07-15-2009, 05:25 PM   #17
ClapDaddy
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by plato View Post
ahaha, what a let-down, just like the real GM....
Plato,

In case you didn't know it, Charlie is JUST a Saturn Fan. He does not owrk for Saturn, GM or any Retail Facility.

He did it too get us back to what we enjoy, talking about our Vehicles.

Al ClapDaddy

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 07-15-2009, 05:44 PM   #18
2NDSOUT
Master Member
2NDSOUT is just really nice2NDSOUT is just really nice2NDSOUT is just really nice2NDSOUT is just really nice

1994 SL2
1999 SL

Wow...seeing people's true colors show now...

Personally, I'm looking forward to this virtual meetup.

To those of you who are pissed off about it , go cry in your car to make yourself feel better.

Charlie decided to do this to bring back something that was special the first time around (Granted I wasn't on here when the "First" Saturnfest took place.)

If you don't like the idea, at least take the time to send a Private Message to Charlie instead of making yourself look like an immature ass on the forum.

Charlie didn't HAVE to do this...he CHOSE to do this for US.

At least have some respect for an idea, instead of just saying that the idea itself was in "poor taste". Yeah I don't see that it is in poor taste..the idea is there to help the community of owners here become more of a tight nit group. If you don't like the idea, no one is forcing you to participate; but don't ruin it for the others here that would like something like this.

Bryan

94SL2 HCE, "Pearl"

99 SL

94SL2 260K Miles
1/15

97SW2 266K Miles
2/15

Always
94SC1 340,501 Miles
Org. Engine/Auto Trans
2/97-10/08
Gone 3/12

92SL1
05VUE
91SC

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to 2NDSOUT's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help 2NDSOUT reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
2NDSOUT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 08:43 PM   #19
BUBBLEMAN
BUBBLEMAN is on a distinguished road

Who are the music groups playing?

I thought Saturn had Bon Jovi in there payroll and if I remember didn't they also sponsor the Goo Goo Dolls 2003 tour as part of the ION start up?

It would be cool to have a live chat with these bands.

Also will Saturn get together with Omaha Steaks and send me some food to grill on the big day?

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to BUBBLEMAN's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help BUBBLEMAN reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
BUBBLEMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 09:26 PM   #20
chillin05VUE
chillin05VUE is on a distinguished road

2005 VUE 3.5L

I thought that it was something to do with Saturn itself. I didn't see the disclaimer yesterday. But I think that since Charlie went through so much trouble to do this, we should appreciate it. For those of you who said that it was "stupid" and ou're not coming, so what. Get over it and move on. Like I said before in the VUE forum, if you don't like whats on, change the channel. It's not like this is real life, it's the internet. I completely forgot about the "breaking news" until today. There's more to life then wondering what's the next big thing to happen with Saturn.

So Charlie, thank you for Saturnfest. I wasn't here for the last one but I'm interested in seeing how you worked it out, so yes, I'll be there to satisfy my curiousity. I'm going to clay and wax the VUE and dress it up for the event.

Too bad there won't be an actual Saturn Homecoming. I would drive cross-country for that and to have a few beers with some of the posters here. Maybe even ask our Canadian members to bring some of their higher-proof brew down

"Remember, if the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy" -Red Green

2005 VUE V6 AWD

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to chillin05VUE's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help chillin05VUE reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
chillin05VUE is offline   Reply With Quote