SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Vue > Vue Mods
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-24-2006, 10:48 AM   #1
suckamucka
suckamucka is on a distinguished road

2007 VUE Red Line
Default K&n 77-3000kp

Anyone know if the K&N 77-3000KP Performance Intake Kit will fit the 2007 Saturn Vue RedLine?

I emailed K&N and their response is "We have not released any products for the 2007 Saturn Vue, except for the replacement air filter"

Thanks

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to suckamucka's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help suckamucka reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
suckamucka is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 09-27-2006, 05:44 PM   #2
bassplayrr
bassplayrr is on a distinguished road

2005 VUE Red Line
Default Re: K&n 77-3000kp

Quote:
Originally Posted by suckamucka
Anyone know if the K&N 77-3000KP Performance Intake Kit will fit the 2007 Saturn Vue RedLine?

I emailed K&N and their response is "We have not released any products for the 2007 Saturn Vue, except for the replacement air filter"

Thanks

Seems like a CYO comment to me. I have not heard of any major changes from 06-07 (or 05-07 for that matter regarding the motor) so I see no reason the k&n will not fit on an 07 as well as it fits on my 05 RL.

-Chris

www.aolights.com

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to bassplayrr's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help bassplayrr reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
bassplayrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2006, 06:28 PM   #3
BobbyP
Master Member
BobbyP is just really niceBobbyP is just really niceBobbyP is just really niceBobbyP is just really nice

2006 VUE Red Line
2007 SKY

Look at the pic I have in my gallery closely. It should be the same.

2006 Black VUE Red Line - Now running iOS 11

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to BobbyP's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help BobbyP reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
BobbyP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2006, 10:54 PM   #4
bronzestarvue
bronzestarvue is on a distinguished road

2007 SKY

Hey, you guys with this K&N setup, where did you get it and how much did you pay? I did a "buy it now" option on eBay back on Sept 2nd, and when I still didn't receive it when I came back to Norfolk from California on the 22nd, I tried to find out what happened. Long story short, they're supposed to be crediting my PayPal account because the boxes got wet and K&N has been real slow in issuing them credit. Yeah, right! But their price couldn't be beat, at $197 plus $19 shipping. I called some local auto parts stores here, namely Advance Auto and Auto Zone, and their prices ranged from $260 to $290!

Also, have you noticed any changes in how your car sounds and performs? I would imagine there would be some noticeable increase in the intake sound, hopefully without affecting mileage in a negative way.

Robert (Norfolk, VA)
97 SC2, Fiamm horns, STB, Uni filter, Springtech springs, drilled rotors
07 Sky, Fiamms, muffler, drilled rotors, Fujita intake, reBar, tunnel brace, front chassis brace

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to bronzestarvue's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help bronzestarvue reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
bronzestarvue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2006, 09:16 PM   #5
BlueVue05
BlueVue05 is on a distinguished road

2005 VUE Red Line

Yes definite pull in the upper RPMs and if you debong it as well it is freaking loud (drowns out my stereo). There is the possibility of a decrease in mileage but only because I keep wanting to hear that sweet sweet growl it makes!!!!! haha....Definitely worth it IMO...and it will be even better after I do a custom exhaust!!!!

05 Blue Redline w/ebony package/All Black Accents/K&N intake

91 BMW 850i Remus exhaust/K&N air filters/ 19lb injectors

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to BlueVue05's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help BlueVue05 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
BlueVue05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2006, 09:35 PM   #6
autoxvw
autoxvw is on a distinguished road

I have the k&n intake on my 06 v6awd. its not a redline but same under the hood. the 07 is exactly the same as the 06. the intake will fit the same as a 05 or 06. I know this because of a good friend/customer of my work who is k&n's brand marketing director. I actually got my intake comped to me because he wanted to have k&n be a sponcer of our tv show for next year (street tuner challenge on speed channel) Anyway, I noticed the better sounding growl (obviously) when you get on the gas as well as a increase in power. I am still on my first tank of gas with the intake so im not sure about mileage but so far (even with gettin on the gas a bit) it seems to be the same with just over a quarter tank left.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to autoxvw's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help autoxvw reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
autoxvw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2006, 10:58 PM   #7
BobbyP
Master Member
BobbyP is just really niceBobbyP is just really niceBobbyP is just really niceBobbyP is just really nice

2006 VUE Red Line
2007 SKY

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronzestarvue
Hey, you guys with this K&N setup, where did you get it and how much did you pay? I did a "buy it now" option on eBay back on Sept 2nd, and when I still didn't receive it when I came back to Norfolk from California on the 22nd, I tried to find out what happened. Long story short, they're supposed to be crediting my PayPal account because the boxes got wet and K&N has been real slow in issuing them credit. Yeah, right! But their price couldn't be beat, at $197 plus $19 shipping. I called some local auto parts stores here, namely Advance Auto and Auto Zone, and their prices ranged from $260 to $290!

Also, have you noticed any changes in how your car sounds and performs? I would imagine there would be some noticeable increase in the intake sound, hopefully without affecting mileage in a negative way.
I bought it from "hptrucking" off ebay for the same price. They were very quick to deliver my intake.

The sound of the engine is great, the performance increases are very apparent. Even light acceleration in the 2-3k rpm range has a slight throater sound. I left the bong intact. My upper grill is functional and plenty of cold fresh air is available for the intake.

No affect on your mileage. My mileage and performance is still increasing since the engine is still breaking in, ~2800 miles. My city driving, all stop and go varies between 20-22 mpg.

2006 Black VUE Red Line - Now running iOS 11

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to BobbyP's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help BobbyP reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
BobbyP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 02:36 PM   #8
memphoboy
memphoboy is on a distinguished road

the 77-300kp, thinking about getting one. my ? is, all the good revies, does it mess with the maf or ecu in any negative ways, does it throw any bad codes. my vue is still under warranty. so i dont want the warranty to be voided because they have a reason to because of the cai. so is there any negative affects with the 77-3000kp?

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to memphoboy's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help memphoboy reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
memphoboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 04:39 PM   #9
GTP
GTP is on a distinguished road

2006 VUE 3.5L

Quote:
Originally Posted by memphoboy View Post
the 77-300kp, thinking about getting one. my ? is, all the good revies, does it mess with the maf or ecu in any negative ways, does it throw any bad codes. my vue is still under warranty. so i dont want the warranty to be voided because they have a reason to because of the cai. so is there any negative affects with the 77-3000kp?
Get the Ebay intake. Its the same and about $120 cheaper. You don't have a MAF with the Honda 3.5 and there is no negative effects except a wonderfully nasty VTEC engagement around 4500 rpms!!

2006 Vue AWD V6
2013 Hyundai Santa Fe GLS

2 Corinthians 5:7..We walk by Faith not by sight.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to GTP's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help GTP reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
GTP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 06:09 PM   #10
XRL
Master Member
XRL will become famous soon enoughXRL will become famous soon enough

2004 VUE Red Line

The heat shield looks different on the ebay one than the K&N. Better/worse i can't comment, but I think it's a safe bet to say that the K&N heat shield works slightly better. The main concern I have over the ebay one is the size of the pipe and if the inside is polished.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to XRL's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help XRL reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
XRL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 07:55 PM   #11
YourMainParadox
Advanced Member
YourMainParadox is on a distinguished road

2004 VUE 2.2L

well the only bad thing is our computers compensate after a while so any add ons like the cold air intake loose their effectiveness after a few trips rendering them basically useless well besides the sound diff.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to YourMainParadox's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help YourMainParadox reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
YourMainParadox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2009, 07:48 PM   #12
05blueredline
05blueredline is on a distinguished road

2005 VUE Red Line

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronzestarvue View Post

thats about how much i got mine for. so your getting about a wholesale price. the sound is very noticeable along with a boost in power. quite noticeable if you ask me especially in 4th where the power normally lacks.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to 05blueredline's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help 05blueredline reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
05blueredline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2009, 07:51 PM   #13
05blueredline
05blueredline is on a distinguished road

2005 VUE Red Line

Quote:
Originally Posted by YourMainParadox View Post
well the only bad thing is our computers compensate after a while so any add ons like the cold air intake loose their effectiveness after a few trips rendering them basically useless well besides the sound diff.
ive heard this also but I still can feel the difference in power. But even if thats true the sound is still worth it. especially at 4.5k rpms in 2nd on up

question does anyones make a poping sound on occasion when shifting from 1st to 2nd? its rare but it happens and sounds like its shooting air back out the tube. kinda backfires

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to 05blueredline's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help 05blueredline reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
05blueredline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 02:48 AM   #14
burnout
Master Member
burnout is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by 05blueredline View Post
question does anyones make a poping sound on occasion when shifting from 1st to 2nd? its rare but it happens and sounds like its shooting air back out the tube. kinda backfires
Perfectly normal, and probably one of the loudest intake backfires I've ever heard

'13 VW CC 2.0T
'99 Volvo S70 AWD

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to burnout's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help burnout reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
burnout is offline   Reply With Quote