SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Categories > General Saturn Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-29-2009, 06:36 AM   #1
Charlie
Administrator
Charlie is a splendid one to beholdCharlie is a splendid one to beholdCharlie is a splendid one to beholdCharlie is a splendid one to beholdCharlie is a splendid one to beholdCharlie is a splendid one to beholdCharlie is a splendid one to beholdCharlie is a splendid one to behold

2008 Outlook XR
2005 VUE Red Line
Default Video: Did You See Transformers 2 this Weekend? Post Your Astra Impressions!

A new story entry has been added:

Video: Did You See Transformers 2 this Weekend? Post Your Astra Impressions!

Quote:
The Saturn Astra played a starring role on the big screen this weekend in Transformers 2. According to Edmunds.com, "a modified Saturn Astra hatch provides the getaway for Fox and LaBeouf when an alien is on their tail." We've previously seen clips of a silver Astra on the set of the movie at Princeton University, University of Pennsylvania, and in this movie trailer. Now, there's a fourth clip on YouTube that features the Astra. Have you seen the movie? Post your review, along with how you think the Astra played its part.

2008 Saturn Outlook XR
2005 VUE Red Line
2002 L300 (sold)

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Charlie's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Charlie reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Charlie is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 06-29-2009, 07:26 AM   #2
wolfman
wolfman is a glorious beacon of lightwolfman is a glorious beacon of lightwolfman is a glorious beacon of lightwolfman is a glorious beacon of lightwolfman is a glorious beacon of lightwolfman is a glorious beacon of light

Default Re: Video: Did You See Transformers 2 this Weekend? Post Your Astra Impressions!

Seemed awfully easy for them to steal...

Old Saturns never die, people KILL them, so check your damn oil!
"Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth." Albert Einstein

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to wolfman's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help wolfman reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
wolfman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 08:12 AM   #3
2NDSOUT
Master Member
2NDSOUT is just really nice2NDSOUT is just really nice2NDSOUT is just really nice2NDSOUT is just really nice

1994 SL2
1999 SL
Default Re: Video: Did You See Transformers 2 this Weekend? Post Your Astra Impressions!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfman View Post
I'm sure that Michael "I AM A MOVIE DIRECTING GOD" Bay probably paid a penny to have the Astra in the movie...

Most people know what I think about Michael Bay....

Had to sit thru the 1st movie....have no intentions of sitting thru the 2nd movie or the planned THIRD movie that is to be released in 2011...

*YAWN* , Big, Loud and Dumb, Explosion CGI Fest movies do NOTHING for me.

Give me a GOOD movie with CHARACTERS, and a PLOT...and I am there.

Bryan

94SL2 HCE, "Pearl"

99 SL

94SL2 260K Miles
1/15

97SW2 266K Miles
2/15

Always
94SC1 340,501 Miles
Org. Engine/Auto Trans
2/97-10/08
Gone 3/12

92SL1
05VUE
91SC

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to 2NDSOUT's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help 2NDSOUT reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
2NDSOUT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 09:17 AM   #4
MikeNW
Master Member
MikeNW is just really niceMikeNW is just really niceMikeNW is just really niceMikeNW is just really niceMikeNW is just really nice

Location: Lower Alabama= God's country, if God wanted mosquito and red ant bites, and to be covered in mildew

1997 SL

/\ Yeah I just watched "Double Indemnity" 1944, then saw a preview for T2 on the TV. No thanks.

97 SL. Born 6/5/97, bought 7/7/97
08 Burgman 400
02 Haro MTB- can't kill it, still trying though

The Schofield Kid: Yeah, well, I guess they had it coming.
Will Munny: We all got it coming, kid.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to MikeNW's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help MikeNW reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
MikeNW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 10:46 AM   #5
2NDSOUT
Master Member
2NDSOUT is just really nice2NDSOUT is just really nice2NDSOUT is just really nice2NDSOUT is just really nice

1994 SL2
1999 SL

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeNW View Post
/\ Yeah I just watched "Double Indemnity" 1944, then saw a preview for T2 on the TV. No thanks.

Ironic that you mentioned "Double Indemnity"...that is one of the classic Film Noir movies from the 1940s. Barbara Stanwick is deliciously evil in that movie. Great performances by Fred McMurray and Edward G. Robinson. Probably one of Wilder's best directed movies...

"Touch of Evil" is another great flick with Orson Wells, and Charlton Heston playing the bad mexican cop.... that tracking shot at the beginning of Touch of Evil is just pure genius!

Bryan

94SL2 HCE, "Pearl"

99 SL

94SL2 260K Miles
1/15

97SW2 266K Miles
2/15

Always
94SC1 340,501 Miles
Org. Engine/Auto Trans
2/97-10/08
Gone 3/12

92SL1
05VUE
91SC

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help 2NDSOUT reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 06-29-2009, 10:58 AM   #6
Low Saturn
Low Saturn is a splendid one to beholdLow Saturn is a splendid one to beholdLow Saturn is a splendid one to beholdLow Saturn is a splendid one to beholdLow Saturn is a splendid one to beholdLow Saturn is a splendid one to beholdLow Saturn is a splendid one to behold

2000 SC2

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfman View Post
Thats movie magic!!

We saw Transformers while we were in Disneyland. We all liked it a lot.

I love the idiots who pick the movie apart and complain about every little thing.

Its a fun movie based on a kids toy. People expect too much.

Mike

-1991 Turbo SL2 - Gone, but not forgotten.
11.809 @ 116.488 mph
www.differentracing.com

-2000 Saturn SC2
-2001 Chevrolet Suburban
-2011 Rally Yellow Chevrolet Camaro 2SS RS

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Low Saturn's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Low Saturn reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Low Saturn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 12:27 PM   #7
bitz_dv
bitz_dv is on a distinguished road

Default Re: Saturn Astra Role in Tranformers 2

Just saw the movie last night, the Astra does indeed get beat up bad. First ms. Fox hotwires it, the windshield and side windows get smashed in, then she smashes it into a lightpost to knock off the she-decepticon smashing up the front of the car, then it gets some sort of hook or something through the top from a helicopter that carries it to a derelict building that it drops it into. I was cheering when I saw it though, and although I was sad that it got smashed up, my girlfriend pointed out that all the maneuvers it was doing were possible (she loves borrowing my Astra for going to work in the city, she can weave so much better than her Malibu Max on the freeway) and also that now I know that the car can take a beating and still run good

I used to beat up cars, then I got a Saturn.
-Bitz

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to bitz_dv's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help bitz_dv reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
bitz_dv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 01:22 PM   #8
saturn_69
Master Member
saturn_69 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Low Saturn View Post
Thats movie magic!!

We saw Transformers while we were in Disneyland. We all liked it a lot.

I love the idiots who pick the movie apart and complain about every little thing.

Its a fun movie based on a kids toy. People expect too much.
NO NO! It's art! Every movie is supposed to alter your life, to MEAN SOMETHING!! Every movie must have such deeply developed characters that you know what they ate as babies! Movies aren't allowed to be just about fun, even if they are based on a crappy 80's toy line!

I hear ya, Low. It's a frakking movie. You want meaning in your life? You aren't going to find it in a movie, and if you do....well, that's another thread Mr. Hinckley.

All the poseurs who think they are in touch with their inner Truffaut or Spielberg (who makes just as many loud, pointless 'fun' movies as Bay) are just too much. Bay has never pretended to be anything more than what he is. I think Bay turned down somebody's unsolicited script after they slid it under the crapper door at a restaraunt and now they're bashing every thing he directs. You don't go to a Bay movie to feel something, just like you don't go to a Scorsese movie to get a laugh.

"That government is best which governs not at all; and when men are prepared for it, that will be the kind of government which they will have" - H.D. Thoreau

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to saturn_69's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help saturn_69 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
saturn_69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 08:32 AM   #9
2NDSOUT
Master Member

1994 SL2
1999 SL

Quote:
Originally Posted by saturn_69 View Post
NO NO! It's art! Every movie is supposed to alter your life, to MEAN SOMETHING!! Every movie must have such deeply developed characters that you know what they ate as babies! Movies aren't allowed to be just about fun, even if they are based on a crappy 80's toy line!

I hear ya, Low. It's a frakking movie. You want meaning in your life? You aren't going to find it in a movie, and if you do....well, that's another thread Mr. Hinckley.

All the poseurs who think they are in touch with their inner Truffaut or Spielberg (who makes just as many loud, pointless 'fun' movies as Bay) are just too much. Bay has never pretended to be anything more than what he is. I think Bay turned down somebody's unsolicited script after they slid it under the crapper door at a restaraunt and now they're bashing every thing he directs. You don't go to a Bay movie to feel something, just like you don't go to a Scorsese movie to get a laugh.
Thanks for that cheap shot there, if it was directed at me

No...the problem that I have with Michael Bay is that he INSULTS the INTELLIGENCE of the moviegoer. Don't believe me?

Michael Bay is the reason why...now if you watch a DVD...before the movie starts the disclaimer that says "Views expressed in this DVD are solely those of the producers and not a reflection of said movie studio..."

Want more proof? Pull out your DVD copy of Armageddon and turn on the Director's commentary....

At one point in the movie there is an explosion aboard the shuttle, to which Michael Bay says something to the extent, "We just put this explosion in the movie, because THE AUDIENCE WOULDN'T KNOW ANY BETTER..."

WTF??? Seriously?
Who died and left Michael Bay in charge? Don't insult me as a moviegoer to one of your CGI Fest Explosion ridden, no plot Toyline based movies... GRRR

I have some respect for movie directors, etc. but when a director has the audacity to say that...that kind of irks me. Why should I support a movie director that is going to INSULT me by ME paying money to see his crap?

Seriously...that's like saying..."GM it's OKAY that you stimied the Saturn line for 5 years or longer..Us Saturn owners are OKAY that you started making the Saturn look like every other piece of GM Krap on the road today..."

See my point? There's no reason why I should have to support that, nor do I choose to.

My comments aren't written in vain...I've worked in the audio/video production field for many years now (1995)...I've written, directed, and produced my own shorts that I have shot in and around Cincinnati. Not saying I am going to be the next Spielberg, etc. but I do have an idea of what I am talking about.

What it boils down to is this: I don't need to support an egotisical maniac hollywood director (in Michael Bay)...who basically told Hasbro before he made the first Transformers movie, that if it wasn't made HIS way... that he was going to walk away from it...so the powers that be at Hasbro are partly to blame here as well for letting Michael Bay get his grubby hands all over Transformers.

Bryan

94SL2 HCE, "Pearl"

99 SL

94SL2 260K Miles
1/15

97SW2 266K Miles
2/15

Always
94SC1 340,501 Miles
Org. Engine/Auto Trans
2/97-10/08
Gone 3/12

92SL1
05VUE
91SC

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 06-30-2009, 08:57 AM   #10
Low Saturn
Low Saturn is a splendid one to beholdLow Saturn is a splendid one to beholdLow Saturn is a splendid one to beholdLow Saturn is a splendid one to beholdLow Saturn is a splendid one to beholdLow Saturn is a splendid one to beholdLow Saturn is a splendid one to behold

2000 SC2

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2NDSOUT View Post
"We just put this explosion in the movie, because THE AUDIENCE WOULDN'T KNOW ANY BETTER..."

WTF??? Seriously?
Well, its the truth. They wouldnt. The majority of the worlds population is a bunch of idiots. Nothing wrong with letting them know it.

Mike

11.809 @ 116.488 mph
www.differentracing.com

-2000 Saturn SC2
-2001 Chevrolet Suburban

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help Low Saturn reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 06-30-2009, 09:16 AM   #11
2NDSOUT
Master Member

1994 SL2
1999 SL

Here's more tirades of why Michael Bay sucks:

When "The Island" flopped at the box office, he blamed the two stars of the movie Ewan McGregor and Scarlet Johannsen for the movie's failure. Hmmm...you can only do so much to polish a turd of a script.

More ranting by Michael Bay about how Paramount (the studio behind Transformers 2 )..didn't "Promote" the movie to Michael Bay's "Satisfaction" ...

http://www.cinematical.com/2009/06/2...glish-languag/

This one takes the cake...saying that "he was into the "Mythology" of the transformers"..why did the 1st tranformers suck so bad then? :
http://artsbeat.blogs.nytimes.com/20...be-his-mother/

Aside from him putting male genitals on a robot in the second transformers movie (you read that right)...here are the 10 D-Bag Michael Bay moments:

http://glamour-news.blogspot.com/200...ie-scenes.html

Tell me again....WHY is Michael Bay a good movie director? {sarcasm}

Please. He is over-rated. I don't support over-rated egotistical movie directors.

Bryan

94SL2 HCE, "Pearl"

99 SL

94SL2 260K Miles
1/15

97SW2 266K Miles
2/15

Always
94SC1 340,501 Miles
Org. Engine/Auto Trans
2/97-10/08
Gone 3/12

92SL1
05VUE
91SC

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 06-30-2009, 09:33 AM   #12
saturn_69
Master Member

Quote:
Thanks for that cheap shot there, if it was directed at me

No...the problem that I have with Michael Bay is that he INSULTS the INTELLIGENCE of the moviegoer. Don't believe me?

Michael Bay is the reason why...now if you watch a DVD...before the movie starts the disclaimer that says "Views expressed in this DVD are solely those of the producers and not a reflection of said movie studio..."

Want more proof? Pull out your DVD copy of Armageddon and turn on the Director's commentary....

At one point in the movie there is an explosion aboard the shuttle, to which Michael Bay says something to the extent, "We just put this explosion in the movie, because THE AUDIENCE WOULDN'T KNOW ANY BETTER..."

WTF??? Seriously?
Who died and left Michael Bay in charge? Don't insult me as a moviegoer to one of your CGI Fest Explosion ridden, no plot Toyline based movies... GRRR

I have some respect for movie directors, etc. but when a director has the audacity to say that...that kind of irks me. Why should I support a movie director that is going to INSULT me by ME paying money to see his crap?

Seriously...that's like saying..."GM it's OKAY that you stimied the Saturn line for 5 years or longer..Us Saturn owners are OKAY that you started making the Saturn look like every other piece of GM Krap on the road today..."

See my point? There's no reason why I should have to support that, nor do I choose to.

My comments aren't written in vain...I've worked in the audio/video production field for many years now (1995)...I've written, directed, and produced my own shorts that I have shot in and around Cincinnati. Not saying I am going to be the next Spielberg, etc. but I do have an idea of what I am talking about.

What it boils down to is this: I don't need to support an egotisical maniac hollywood director (in Michael Bay)...who basically told Hasbro before he made the first Transformers movie, that if it wasn't made HIS way... that he was going to walk away from it...so the powers that be at Hasbro are partly to blame here as well for letting Michael Bay get his grubby hands all over Transformers.
Michael Bay is NOT the reason that comes up on DVD's, it's to protect the studio from non-PC comments made by the director/actor/producer doing the commentary. Michael Bay is not that important and no, it wasn't a dig at you personally it was a dig at all the reviewers who seem to think that every film has to be a testament to the human race and humankinds quest for betterment.

And quite frankly I don't think that working in A/V for 14 years makes your opinion any more valid than anyone else's. I just don't get why you're so angry about this movie or Michael Bay. It's just a movie. Hate it? Why post about it? Want to spread your 'gospel' against Mr. Bay? Has anyone changed their mind based on your opinion? Don't want to 'support' an egotistical director? That's about 75% of Hollywood.

I don't think he's very good either, but the movies are fun and action packed. I don't watch them for character development, I watch them because they're escapist entertainment. I watch them so that for 2.5 hours I can forget about my days troubles and enjoy spending time with my son, who happens to enjoy the new batch of Transformers. And 'putting up with' Mr. Bay's "explosions! Explosions! EXPLOSIONS!" isn't that hard to do if it means sharing something with my kids. I look elsewhere in my life for meaning and depth.

"That government is best which governs not at all; and when men are prepared for it, that will be the kind of government which they will have" - H.D. Thoreau

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help saturn_69 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 06-30-2009, 09:36 AM   #13
Low Saturn

2000 SC2

Dude. Seriously. I think you need to talk to someone in a small room with a couch for an hour or so a week.

You seem to know an awfull alot about someone you despise so much. Do you have all these links saved in your "I hate Michael Bay" favorites folder?

I bet you have Michael Bay pictures wallpapered all over the basement of your house with his eyes gouged out and satanic ranting written all over them. Maybe even a vodoo doll?

Mike

11.809 @ 116.488 mph
www.differentracing.com

-2000 Saturn SC2
-2001 Chevrolet Suburban

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 06-30-2009, 09:46 AM   #14
Low Saturn

2000 SC2

Quote:
I watch them so that for 2.5 hours I can forget about my days troubles and enjoy spending time with my son, who happens to enjoy the new batch of Transformers. And 'putting up with' Mr. Bay's "explosions! Explosions! EXPLOSIONS!" isn't that hard to do if it means sharing something with my kids. I look elsewhere in my life for meaning and depth.
Exactly, couldn't of put it better myself. Especially the part about spending the time enjoying something with my son.

Seeing the look on his face and him saying "did you see that daddy?" always makes me smile.

Mike

11.809 @ 116.488 mph
www.differentracing.com

-2000 Saturn SC2
-2001 Chevrolet Suburban

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 06-30-2009, 09:48 AM   #15
2NDSOUT
Master Member

1994 SL2
1999 SL

Quote:
Michael Bay is NOT the reason that comes up on DVD's, it's to protect the studio from non-PC comments made by the director/actor/producer doing the commentary. Michael Bay is not that important and no, it wasn't a dig at you personally it was a dig at all the reviewers who seem to think that every film has to be a testament to the human race and humankinds quest for betterment.

And quite frankly I don't think that working in A/V for 14 years makes your opinion any more valid than anyone else's. I just don't get why you're so angry about this movie or Michael Bay. It's just a movie. Hate it? Why post about it? Want to spread your 'gospel' against Mr. Bay? Has anyone changed their mind based on your opinion? Don't want to 'support' an egotistical director? That's about 75% of Hollywood.

I don't think he's very good either, but the movies are fun and action packed. I don't watch them for character development, I watch them because they're escapist entertainment. I watch them so that for 2.5 hours I can forget about my days troubles and enjoy spending time with my son, who happens to enjoy the new batch of Transformers. And 'putting up with' Mr. Bay's "explosions! Explosions! EXPLOSIONS!" isn't that hard to do if it means sharing something with my kids. I look elsewhere in my life for meaning and depth.
Just saying that I have better things to spend 2 hours of my life on, instead of plunking down $10 to see an explosion fest. Why waste my money?

Sorry, but if it came down to spending time with my son, granted my son is only 2..if he was older; it would be playing outside or doing something constructive with my time, rather than wasting it in a dark movie theater. Everyone has a different way that they "spend time with their kids." Not bashing you for that...that is your choice. Just saying I wouldn't do the same.

My sentiments aren't the only ones, there are plenty of other people that don't like Michael Bay either. Unfortunately these people don't voice their opinions.

All I am saying is there is more to life than Michael Bay explosionfests...

Bryan

94SL2 HCE, "Pearl"

99 SL

94SL2 260K Miles
1/15

97SW2 266K Miles
2/15

Always
94SC1 340,501 Miles
Org. Engine/Auto Trans
2/97-10/08
Gone 3/12

92SL1
05VUE
91SC

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 06-30-2009, 09:52 AM   #16
saturn_69
Master Member

Quote:
Dude. Seriously. I think you need to talk to someone in a small room with a couch for an hour or so a week.

You seem to know an awfull alot about someone you despise so much. Do you have all these links saved in your "I hate Michael Bay" favorites folder?

I bet you have Michael Bay pictures wallpapered all over the basement of your house with his eyes gouged out and satanic ranting written all over them. Maybe even a vodoo doll?
Seriously. Isn't there some kind of law against that type of behavior and/or a med for it? Don't they call that stalking?

I tend to avoid going to threads about subjects that I despise. If I dislike, say, Ron Howard movies I don't go to threads about them because a) I don't care and b) I don't watch them so I wouldn't have anything to talk about that would be constructive. I mean really, what's the point? And, before this becomes a bone of contention, I don't hate Ron Howard movies, he was just the first director that I thought of. I don't hate any one director's movies. They're just movies. I don't care enough to put so much effort into disliking them that it indifference turns to hate.

I don't like Toyota's so I tend to stay out of the pro-Toyota threads. It's easy. I don't like 'Subject A' so I guess I don't need to go to the 'Subject A Forum'. See? Just walk on by.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 06-30-2009, 09:54 AM   #17
2NDSOUT
Master Member

1994 SL2
1999 SL

Quote:

No I wouldn't take it that far...but at least I can talk smack about a movie director I despise, rather than on forum boards (In general) where people rant and talk smack about something that they don't know anything about. That's called "constructive criticism"...which anymore seems to be lacking when it comes to entertainment.

Call me old fashioned...I would rather watch a Dirty Harry movie anyday (all visual with no dialogue) over ANY Michael Bay flick.

What happened to the movies where everything was acted out by "REAL PEOPLE"...rather than seeing a CGI-Love fest on screen?

Granted...YES...Michael Bay may be the "KING" of CGI...maybe even better than Peter Jackson? Ohh did I say that?

Yes CGI is good to see in a movie...but when it is overdone and EXTREMELY exaggerated...where do you draw the line between, "Hey this is cool" and "That is just WAY over the top and Overdone"...

Michael Bay goes over that line ALL THE TIME...it's old, tired and redundant.

As I read in one article...what's next? Robot Sex in Transformers 3?

Bryan

94SL2 HCE, "Pearl"

99 SL

94SL2 260K Miles
1/15

97SW2 266K Miles
2/15

Always
94SC1 340,501 Miles
Org. Engine/Auto Trans
2/97-10/08
Gone 3/12

92SL1
05VUE
91SC

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 06-30-2009, 09:58 AM   #18
saturn_69
Master Member

Quote:
Just saying that I have better things to spend 2 hours of my life on, instead of plunking down $10 to see an explosion fest. Why waste my money?

Sorry, but if it came down to spending time with my son, granted my son is only 2..if he was older; it would be playing outside or doing something constructive with my time, rather than wasting it in a dark movie theater. Everyone has a different way that they "spend time with their kids." Not bashing you for that...that is your choice. Just saying I wouldn't do the same.

My sentiments aren't the only ones, there are plenty of other people that don't like Michael Bay either. Unfortunately these people don't voice their opinions.

All I am saying is there is more to life than Michael Bay explosionfests...
There's more to life than threads bashing Michael Bay explosionfests, too.

Why is Michael Bay important enough to you that you have to voice your opinion over and over and over again on these threads? This is like, what? The 4th thread about this movie you've turned into a Michael Bay hate-fest? Why?

And going to movies isn't the ONLY way I spend time with my son, it was just an example. We're restoring a 1968 Schwinn Stingray, among other things. I also wouldn't consider sitting in a dark theater 'wasting' the time, either. ANY time spent with my kids is important and is NEVER a waste.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 06-30-2009, 10:05 AM   #19
Low Saturn

2000 SC2

Quote:
Because its two hours of fun.

Quote:
I took my son to see it one afternoon while on a six day vacation to Disneyland. Would of seen it reguardless. So I guess taking two hours from my sons life of playing outside, riding his ATV, Powerwheels Silverado, riding his bike or scooter, helping me work on cars, playing basketball, football, or soccer with him in the backyard, going to the park, going to our families cabin in the Sierra, spending time with family, drawing pictures, ect, ect, ect makes me a bad father.

Mike

11.809 @ 116.488 mph
www.differentracing.com

-2000 Saturn SC2
-2001 Chevrolet Suburban

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 06-30-2009, 10:08 AM   #20
2NDSOUT
Master Member

1994 SL2
1999 SL

Quote:
There's more to life than threads bashing Michael Bay explosionfests, too.

Why is Michael Bay important enough to you that you have to voice your opinion over and over and over again on these threads? This is like, what? The 4th thread about this movie you've turned into a Michael Bay hate-fest? Why?

And going to movies isn't the ONLY way I spend time with my son, it was just an example. We're restoring a 1968 Schwinn Stingray, among other things. I also wouldn't consider sitting in a dark theater 'wasting' the time, either. ANY time spent with my kids is important and is NEVER a waste.
If this says anything about Michael Bay...USC is famously known for it's film school, which has seen the likes of George Lucas and Francis Ford Coppola. When someone like Michael Bay gets REJECTED into going there....well that should tell a certain someone...maybe he wasn't cut out to be a movie director and the fact that he has fascinations with Explosionfests are his way of making up for being rejected by USC?

I'm just trying to offer my viewpoint of why there is so much wrong with Michael Bay...yet the movie going public still fuels the egotistical epitome that is Michael Bay.

Bryan

94SL2 HCE, "Pearl"

99 SL

94SL2 260K Miles
1/15

97SW2 266K Miles
2/15

Always
94SC1 340,501 Miles
Org. Engine/Auto Trans
2/97-10/08
Gone 3/12

92SL1
05VUE
91SC

REWARD EXCELLENCE!