SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Categories > General Saturn Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-22-2009, 12:27 PM   #1
wifeofcore
Administrator
wifeofcore is on a distinguished road

Default The Outlook for Closed Saturn Dealerships

A new story entry has been added:

The Outlook for Closed Saturn Dealerships

Quote:
Automotive News estimates that nearly 70 Saturn dealerships have closed this year as a result of the bad economy and GM's decision to sell the brand. What will happen to these 70 stores? There is an interested buyer: Kia. While the South Korean car company is buying up a number of closed dealerships around the country, it has a particular interest in acquiring Saturn dealerships.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to wifeofcore's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help wifeofcore reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
wifeofcore is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 06-22-2009, 12:31 PM   #2
unkle bik
Master Member
unkle bik is a jewel in the roughunkle bik is a jewel in the roughunkle bik is a jewel in the roughunkle bik is a jewel in the rough

2007 AURA XR
2008 Astra XE
Default Re: Saturn Stores “Transform” Into Kia Dealerships!

You braggin'
or complainin'?

93 SW2
96 SL2
01 SL2
02 L200
08 Astra Xe
07 Aura XR

Complacency leads to mediocrity.
Mediocrity leads to our demise.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to unkle bik's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help unkle bik reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
unkle bik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 12:43 PM   #3
Dutchman1954
Dutchman1954 is on a distinguished road

There were four Saturn dealerships in San Diego all owned by one firm. The one that I bought my car from, Saturn of El Cajon is now a Kia dealership, with the temp banners drapped over all of the signs. As of yesterday the remaining dealerships , in National City , Kearny Mesa and Escondido, were still flying the Saturn flag, if you believe their website.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Dutchman1954's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Dutchman1954 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Dutchman1954 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 02:15 PM   #4
wifeofcore
Administrator
wifeofcore is on a distinguished road

Default The Outlook for Closed Saturn Dealerships

A new story entry has been added:

The Outlook for Closed Saturn Dealerships

Quote:
Automotive News estimates that nearly 70 Saturn dealerships have closed this year as a result of the bad economy and GM's decision to sell the brand. What will happen to these 70 stores? There is an interested buyer: Kia. While the South Korean car company is buying up a number of closed dealerships around the country, it has a particular interest in acquiring Saturn dealerships.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to wifeofcore's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help wifeofcore reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
wifeofcore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 03:52 PM   #5
AstraNorth
AstraNorth is on a distinguished road

2008 Astra XR

HOPEFULLY...this will also happen in Canada, which I figured KIA might get involved. Our 2nd Saturn dealer started selling JUST KIA's a while ago. Unfortunately GM doesn't seem to be saying anything about Saturn in Canada...I don't think GM is making any friends with Saturn owners right now....at least this Saturn owner.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to AstraNorth's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help AstraNorth reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
AstraNorth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 04:44 PM   #6
wolfman
wolfman is a glorious beacon of lightwolfman is a glorious beacon of lightwolfman is a glorious beacon of lightwolfman is a glorious beacon of lightwolfman is a glorious beacon of lightwolfman is a glorious beacon of light

I got my Sonata from my former Saturn dealer over 2 years ago...

For those who do not know, Hyundai is the parent company of Kia...

Old Saturns never die, people KILL them, so check your damn oil!
"Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth." Albert Einstein

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to wolfman's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help wolfman reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
wolfman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 05:06 PM   #7
piney
Master Member
piney will become famous soon enoughpiney will become famous soon enough

I think the original Saturn target customer is very similar to what KIA markets to as well. At least the dealerships are not sitting empty.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to piney's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help piney reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
piney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 06:34 PM   #8
GR898SL2
Master Member
GR898SL2 will become famous soon enoughGR898SL2 will become famous soon enough

Just a reminder to those clicking on the AN link that membership is required before viewing.

The old Smithtown, NY, store became a Kia dealer after it closed. I wonder what became of Massapequa, as I haven't been there since its closure was announced. I suspect the likeliest scenario is either Volvo, Land Rover or their used car operation took over since they were directly across the street.

No more Saturns! :(
'11 & '15 Subaru Forester; '15 Nissan Altima

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to GR898SL2's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help GR898SL2 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
GR898SL2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 07:28 PM   #9
page2171
page2171 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchman1954 View Post
There were four Saturn dealerships in San Diego all owned by one firm. The one that I bought my car from, Saturn of El Cajon is now a Kia dealership, with the temp banners drapped over all of the signs. As of yesterday the remaining dealerships , in National City , Kearny Mesa and Escondido, were still flying the Saturn flag, if you believe their website.
I don't know if Saturn of West 78 in Oceanside was part of that same group, but it too is a Kia dealer now. The signs there have temp banners reading "Kia of Oceanside" on them. Funny thing is, there are more used Saturns on the lot than new Kias.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to page2171's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help page2171 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
page2171 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 09:39 PM   #10
spork
spork is on a distinguished road

2000 L-Series 2.2L Sedan
Roll Eyes Re: The Outlook for Closed Saturn Dealerships

The local interstate buckled from the heat today, causing a traffic jam, so I got off the road and went by what used to be Saturn of Cedar Rapids. It is now Kia, don't ya know.

"Don't blame me, I voted for Kodos"

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to spork's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help spork reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
spork is offline   Reply With Quote