SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Categories > General Saturn Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-16-2009, 04:20 PM   #1
wifeofcore
Administrator
wifeofcore is on a distinguished road

Default Buick Will Receive the Innovative Plug-in, Two-Mode Powertrain that was Promised to S

A new story entry has been added:

Buick Will Receive the Innovative Plug-in, Two-Mode Powertrain that was Promised to Saturn

Quote:
In January 2008, Saturn announced that the Vue would be the recipient of an innovative two-mode, plug-in powertrain in 2011. This would have allowed the Vue to generate an average fuel economy of 35mpg. After deciding to sell Saturn, however, GM robbed Saturn of this technology and announced it would instead debut it in one of GM's four core brands.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to wifeofcore's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help wifeofcore reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
wifeofcore is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 06-16-2009, 04:37 PM   #2
davidsky
Master Member
davidsky will become famous soon enoughdavidsky will become famous soon enough

2005 ION-1 Sedan
Default Re: Buick Will Receive the Innovative Plug-in, Two-Mode Transmission That was Promise

I would guess that the VUE will end up at Buick as well.
It is assembled at the same factory the Rendezvous was.

Member of the Crank Window Club

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to davidsky's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help davidsky reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
davidsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 05:54 PM   #3
mr green
mr green is on a distinguished road

Default Re: Buick Will Receive the Innovative Plug-in, Two-Mode Powertrain that was Promised

We have been ROBBED!!!!

john

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to mr green's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help mr green reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
mr green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 06:04 PM   #4
TiVoPrince
TiVoPrince is on a distinguished road

Default Re: Buick Will Receive the Innovative Plug-in, Two-Mode Powertrain that was Promised

Anybody
really expect GM to put this technology on a shelf to collect dust just because they sold Saturn? Nice to see GM moving forward with this innovative powertrain. Looks like I may be looking at a Buick next time around...

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to TiVoPrince's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help TiVoPrince reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
TiVoPrince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 07:45 PM   #5
John10
Master Member
John10 will become famous soon enoughJohn10 will become famous soon enough

2006 ION-3 Sedan
2009 VUE 2.4L

I don't think anyone was "robbed". You certainly can't blame GM for trying to get a return on their own R and D expenditures related to this powertrain. Since we the US taxpayers now own 60% of GM, I believe it is also in our interests that they recover as much as they can on their investment.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to John10's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help John10 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
John10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 11:36 PM   #6
piney
Master Member
piney will become famous soon enoughpiney will become famous soon enough

Is this the "Exciting" that Jill was talking about? If so, I'm not feeling it.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to piney's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help piney reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
piney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 08:24 AM   #7
K-1
Master Member
K-1 is on a distinguished road

2008 Astra XR

Quote:
Originally Posted by piney View Post
Is this the "Exciting" that Jill was talking about? If so, I'm not feeling it.
No, the "exciting" part was not being stifled by GM anymore. Frankly, I can't wait to see what Penske can do with the company. He seems to be quite the antithesis to GM's NIH syndrome.

Toyota: Moving Forward... off a cliff at a high rate of speed.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to K-1's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help K-1 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
K-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2009, 06:41 PM   #8
pmj
pmj is on a distinguished road

Well, I guess it'll be interesting to see what their definition of a "small crossover" is.

Hard to see this as anything but sad. The plug-in Vue was at the top of my possible next vehicle list.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to pmj's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help pmj reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
pmj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2009, 09:23 PM   #9
AuraDrvr89
Master Member
AuraDrvr89 will become famous soon enough

2007 AURA XE

If this ends up as the LaCrosse, they will have a winner on their hands!

-Joel

Now: 2009 BMW 328i xDrive, Monaco Blue Metallic
Then:
2007 SATURN AURA XE,Cream White
2004 Saturn Ion 3 Special Edition Sedan, Onyx Black

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to AuraDrvr89's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help AuraDrvr89 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
AuraDrvr89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 04:19 PM   #10
buba
buba is on a distinguished road

2009 VUE 3.6L

I hope PAG gets the plug-in as part of the deal to continue to purchase the Vue from GM. If not the new Chevy and GMC stretched versions of the Vue platform may make it harder to attract customers to the Saturn showrooms.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to buba's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help buba reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
buba is offline   Reply With Quote