SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn S-Series > S-Series General
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-15-2009, 03:29 AM   #1
Sikh
Sikh is on a distinguished road

2002 SC2
Default Center Console Lid

I own a 2002 Saturn SC2. Well When I first got the car, poped open the center console and noticed it was broken on one side.

Well, I checked everything on the car but the interior(I ALWAYS miss the simpliest things). Anyway, Took off the cover and realized the other side was stressed(white marks on plastic). I took crazy glue and glue the side that was broken and left it for a day. After a day, I pushed on it, tryed putting the pole through it that keeps it in place, and it worked. The rod went thru. So I put it back on.

Well that was 8 months ago. Today, I opened it and realized it was resting to the left more then the right and found out its broken .

Instead of trying to fix it agian, is there a possiblity of a replacement? IDC if I need to get a WHOLE Center Console. As long as it has the lid, or if I can get JUST the lid, im perfectly happy.

Havent called the dealer yet, thats my last choice. So if you guys can help please help! If there is a way to take off just the "storage" part of the center console(so cup holder and back) and replace it with another one, or a UNIVERSAL one, then Ill do that. As long as I have a arm rest / alittle storage.

I mostly use it as arm rest, so not worried about opening it. But would like it fixed because I cant leave stuff broken. So please help people of SF!

Cheers!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Sikh's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Sikh reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Sikh is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 06-15-2009, 09:47 AM   #2
Low Saturn
Low Saturn is a splendid one to beholdLow Saturn is a splendid one to beholdLow Saturn is a splendid one to beholdLow Saturn is a splendid one to beholdLow Saturn is a splendid one to beholdLow Saturn is a splendid one to behold

2008 AURA XE
Default Re: Center Console Lid

Just look on ebay or your local junkyard for one. I just bought one for $29.00 shipped.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...SA:MOTORS:1123

Mike

-1991 Turbo SL2 - Gone, but not forgotten.
11.809 @ 116.488 mph
www.differentracing.com

-2001 Chevrolet Suburban
-2011 Rally Yellow Chevrolet Camaro 2SS RS

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Low Saturn's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Low Saturn reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Low Saturn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 12:10 PM   #3
saturnsl293
Advanced Member
saturnsl293 is on a distinguished road

1993 SL2

Low beat me to it. you could also check something like craigslist and see if anyone is parting a car like yours out and see if they have one.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to saturnsl293's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help saturnsl293 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
saturnsl293 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 11:07 PM   #4
Sikh
Sikh is on a distinguished road

2002 SC2

Wow Low, very nice.

I looked ebay for 1/2 hour and Junkyards, and I swear to GOD i couldnt find one that fit my car. I looked specifically 2000 and up becuase I was told they would fit. So I did. and blah.

But thanks. Also did you have the same problem? Your "hinge" broke or did you just need a new one for another reason?

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Sikh's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Sikh reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Sikh is offline   Reply With Quote