SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Categories > General Saturn Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-07-2009, 05:34 PM   #1
Charlie
Administrator
Charlie is a splendid one to beholdCharlie is a splendid one to beholdCharlie is a splendid one to beholdCharlie is a splendid one to beholdCharlie is a splendid one to beholdCharlie is a splendid one to beholdCharlie is a splendid one to beholdCharlie is a splendid one to behold

2008 Outlook XR
2005 VUE Red Line
Default Thank You for Helping Save Saturn

A new story entry has been added:

Thank You for Helping Save Saturn

Quote:
With Friday's announcement of Roger Penske's intent to purchase Saturn from General Motors, I am officially closing the SaturnFans.com "Save Saturn" petition. It worked! Thank you for your help saving Saturn! Whether you just signed the petition, or did more by helping spread the word among friends and family, your efforts paid off.

2008 Saturn Outlook XR
2005 VUE Red Line
2002 L300 (sold)

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Charlie's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Charlie reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Charlie is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 06-07-2009, 05:39 PM   #2
piney
Master Member
piney will become famous soon enoughpiney will become famous soon enough

Default Re: Thank You for Helping Save Saturn

It really wasn't that much of an effort but I'm glad that something was salvaged. I'd have way too much time on my hands if it weren't for this site...

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to piney's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help piney reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
piney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2009, 05:46 PM   #3
eRic 02sc2
eRic 02sc2 has a spectacular aura abouteRic 02sc2 has a spectacular aura about

so do we get a hat, t-shirt or something for "saving" Saturn?

eRic 02sc2
DR SCCA Solo 2001,2002 1st DSP
WHRRi 2007,2010 Fun Run 1st
DR SCCA 2008 Triathalon 1st PF
DR SCCA Solo 2009 2nd ST
DR SCCA Solo 2010 1st ST
Crutchfield: pkeqe-6j8e3-d2qqe

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to eRic 02sc2's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help eRic 02sc2 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
eRic 02sc2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2009, 06:23 PM   #4
rollsroyce250
rollsroyce250 is on a distinguished road

What's saved besides the name? The cars are still GM for two years, and after that? The only saving I would get excited about is back to cheap reliable cars with polymer panels. Anything else is not "Saturn".

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to rollsroyce250's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help rollsroyce250 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
rollsroyce250 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2009, 06:48 PM   #5
Red Ryder
Red Ryder is on a distinguished road

from the malibu guys, congrats on penskie stepping up to the plate and saving Saturn. Long live Saturn! (Now if they could somehow pick up Ponitac from the grave.....)

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Red Ryder's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Red Ryder reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Red Ryder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2009, 06:51 PM   #6
Jzguru
Jzguru is on a distinguished road

2008 Astra XR

Quote:
Originally Posted by rollsroyce250 View Post
What's saved besides the name? The cars are still GM for two years, and after that? The only saving I would get excited about is back to cheap reliable cars with polymer panels. Anything else is not "Saturn".
Yeah ROLLS but it sure beats the alternative of completely having the door closed on Us. At least, some of us can look forward to what Mr. Penske has up his sleeve... As i stated in a previous post, any vehicle with a Nissan underpinning would pretty much get me out of the Saturn market. However, Mr. Penske has talked about bringing other vehicles into the lineup... Im all for exploring that option Rather than sitting here on this Forum talkin about "The Good Ole Days"

"I don't understand why people would want to get rid of pigeons. They don't bother no one." (Mike Tyson).

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Jzguru's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Jzguru reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Jzguru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2009, 07:30 PM   #7
Tiger
Master Member
Tiger is a jewel in the roughTiger is a jewel in the roughTiger is a jewel in the rough

1999 SL2

For me, what Saturn being saved means thousands of jobs saved at dealerships for now. Also, I may be able to get parts for my car from the dealership (like this week when my window slider broke). I am open to Saturn in the future, if they have a car that meets my needs.

Truth alone triumphs, not untruth.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Tiger's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Tiger reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Tiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2009, 07:38 PM   #8
s-seriesguy
s-seriesguy will become famous soon enough

Quote:
What's saved besides the name?
Besides the name and the jobs of Saturn dealer employees, nothing at all

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to s-seriesguy's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help s-seriesguy reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
s-seriesguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2009, 08:06 PM   #9
SaturnIONSLVUE
Advanced Member
SaturnIONSLVUE is on a distinguished road

Quote:
what's saved besides the name? The cars are still gm for two years, and after that? The only saving i would get excited about is back to cheap reliable cars with polymer panels. Anything else is not "saturn".
i agree, it not a saturn without polymer! I would not buy a non-polymer saturn.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to SaturnIONSLVUE's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help SaturnIONSLVUE reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
SaturnIONSLVUE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 12:32 AM   #10
adventureoflink
Master Member
adventureoflink has a spectacular aura aboutadventureoflink has a spectacular aura aboutadventureoflink has a spectacular aura about

1997 SL2

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaturnIONSLVUE View Post
i agree, it not a saturn without polymer! I would not buy a non-polymer saturn.
Remember, if it doesn't drink oil, it's not a saturn.

97 SL2
DOB: 3/19/97
Date Obtained: 5/30/07

2004 Merc G.Marquis GS
DOB: 2/4/04
Date Obtained: 7/6/12

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to adventureoflink's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help adventureoflink reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
adventureoflink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 09:25 AM   #11
AJR
Advanced Member
AJR is a jewel in the roughAJR is a jewel in the roughAJR is a jewel in the roughAJR is a jewel in the rough

1996 SL2
2002 L-Series 2.2L Sedan

Well, it's not only the parts and jobs, but I'm also pretty glad the dealer network is saved and I still have a place to go where the mechanics are trained to know my 2 cars inside and out.

Both my cars are out of warranty. I don't know where I was gonna go for service since I've never been able to find and independent that was trustworthy and I'm not sure if I could have gone to just any GM dealer.

I would take a look at anything Saturn has to offer in a new car, no matter where it comes from. As long as it's a reliable, quality product.

I'm sorry to say that I no longer feel any loyalty to any car company, especially GM and Chrysler, who would take so much of our tax dollars and then file for bankruptcy anyway.

I think of all the money that GM owes the company where my wife works, that they won't pay back now. It makes me mad.

Andy

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to AJR's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help AJR reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
AJR is offline   Reply With Quote