SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Categories > General Saturn Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-30-2009, 02:33 PM   #1
wifeofcore
Administrator
wifeofcore is on a distinguished road

Default NJ Retailer Temporarily Allowed to Sell Saturns Alongside Another Brand

A new story entry has been added:

NJ Retailer Temporarily Allowed to Sell Saturns Alongside Another Brand

Quote:
Last September, Stuart Lasser, owner of the Saturn of Danville in New Jersey, submitted an application to Saturn asking for permission to sell Kias in his 15,000-foot-square lot. The troubled economy coupled with GM

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to wifeofcore's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help wifeofcore reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
wifeofcore is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 05-30-2009, 03:15 PM   #2
L55
L55 is on a distinguished road

Default Re: NJ Retailer Temporarily Allowed to Sell Saturns Alongside Another Brand

I don't blame the poor guy for wanting to add another manufacturer's products. The past months have been a prolonged & uncertain time for a lot of Saturn dealers who are still hanging on. Not exactly "exciting times".

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to L55's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help L55 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
L55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2009, 03:28 PM   #3
piney
Master Member
piney will become famous soon enoughpiney will become famous soon enough

Default Re: NJ Retailer Temporarily Allowed to Sell Saturns Alongside Another Brand

This guy is on the right track, here is the first product he can sell & beat the Penske team to the starting line of selling rebadged cars from over yonder:

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to piney's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help piney reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
piney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2009, 04:33 PM   #4
unit731
unit731 is on a distinguished road

What's that car in picture?

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to unit731's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help unit731 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
unit731 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2009, 05:11 PM   #5
NJastra
NJastra is on a distinguished road

2008 Astra XR

That might be the Kia Soul.

(I wouldn't be excited about any Saturn/Kia relationship, that's just me tho.)

-Jon-

3 dr XR, Twilight Blue, 5 speed manual, 18" 5-star rims, Leather trim package, Heated seats, VXMMI (Advanced Audio)

1987 Z28 - modded

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to NJastra's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help NJastra reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
NJastra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2009, 05:45 PM   #6
piney
Master Member
piney will become famous soon enoughpiney will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by unit731 View Post
What's that car in picture?
It is the 2010 Penske Saturn Sole (a badge engineered 2010 Kia Soul).

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to piney's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help piney reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
piney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2009, 06:53 PM   #7
marx404
Master Member
marx404 will become famous soon enough

2008 Astra XE

Wow, piney you really have joined the dark side. No soup for you, your MS Paint privileges have been revoked, LOL.

marx404
Saturn lives on.

1994 SL2
2002 SC2
2007 ION.3
2008 Astra XE
2004 L300.1

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to marx404's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help marx404 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
marx404 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2009, 11:11 AM   #8
BobbyP
Master Member
BobbyP is just really niceBobbyP is just really niceBobbyP is just really niceBobbyP is just really nice

2006 VUE Red Line
2007 SKY

Considering the state of Saturn, it's a great idea.

Look what hapened to the 3 Saturn stores in New Orleans. The New Orleans area used to be one of Saturn's best markets. All 3 stores are closed. One is now selling KIA's, the other is selling Audi's.

I like the look of Soul... The hamster commercial is great. One with every option, fully loaded barely touches $20k.

2006 Black VUE Red Line - Now running iOS 11

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to BobbyP's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help BobbyP reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
BobbyP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2009, 12:33 PM   #9
rollsroyce250
rollsroyce250 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by wifeofcore View Post
Good for him. That's proactive thinking. Better to be prepared with a big lifeboat as the mother ship slowly sinks into the depths of automotive history.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to rollsroyce250's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help rollsroyce250 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
rollsroyce250 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 09:06 AM   #10
Wulfheard
Wulfheard is on a distinguished road

I understand the reasoning behind this all to well but it still upsets me. I bought my first Saturn at this dealership in 1992. It was a silver SL2 and in many ways it was the best vehicle Iíve ever owned to date. I ran that little beast for 275,000 miles and with exception of the all too familiar oil burning issue; it really didnít cost me a dime . Through that time Saturn of Denville was always my choice for service and I found that the folks there couldnít do enough for you. But then again those were the days of early Saturn ownership and they really were a different kind of Car Company back then.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Wulfheard's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Wulfheard reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Wulfheard is offline   Reply With Quote