SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Astra > Astra General
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-30-2009, 08:59 AM   #1
hAnNibAl_H
Advanced Member
hAnNibAl_H is on a distinguished road

1999 SL2
Default Interior lights

I've seen one person do this before but I could not for the life of me find the thread or even remember if it was on this forum page.
But for anyone that may know, what size LEDs off www.superbrightleds.com are needed in order to change out the cluster lights, climate control lights, door lock lights, seat heater lights ect. I remember seeing it done and it looked amazing but on the thread I still do not think he said what sizes they all were. Any help would be apprecitated.

99.5 SL2
Blackberry
135k clock
74k Motor

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to hAnNibAl_H's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help hAnNibAl_H reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
hAnNibAl_H is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 05-30-2009, 10:03 AM   #2
Robor007
Advanced Member
Robor007 is on a distinguished road

2008 Astra XR
Default Re: Interior lights

Would this change the amber color? I'd love to switch it to blue or red.

2008 Astra XR3 door 5sp - Silver Sand with premium trim, 18" rims, and advanced audio. (new owner as of 12/15)

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Robor007's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Robor007 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Robor007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2009, 10:33 AM   #3
Layoira
Layoira is on a distinguished road

2008 Astra XR

Door Panels \ Electric Windows 14 x 1206's
Light Switch 11 x PLCC-2
Speedo \ Rev Counter 15 x PLCC-2
Roof Console 4 x 3mm High Brightness
Steering Wheel Controls (3 Types) either 6 x PLCC2 or 6 x 0805's or 6 x 1206's (not common)
Heater / Climate 3 x PLCC4 + 8 x 0805
Dash Display (3 Types) 24 x PLCC4 or 36ish PLCC2 or 10 x PLCC6
Head Unit (can of worms) 31 x PLCC2 or 31 x 0805 or variations of the 2 or pointleds (Forget it and use 1206's soldered on upside down)
Headed seats ect 6 x 1206's

theres a website www.ledconversions.co.uk if you want to fire off an email to him he should be able to tell you the exact kit you will need, for your specific astra (ie screen/radio combo, etc) and you can buy them from him also. The newer model radio we have is aparantly a pain to do, but is still doable. I havent attempted this yet because of warranty issues and also Im afraid of damaging something doing it as I dont have a ton of experience in soldering stuff like this, and its easy to mess up, but its been on the list for awhile of things to do.

Robor007 yes changing the leds changes that ugly amber colored light. You can put any color led you want in there. Ive seen quite a few combinations. The blue is quite popular and looks good, ive seen a nice ice white and blue combo that was nice probably my favorite and the red is ok too. You can also remove the color off the speedo needle/etc which makes the led shine thru it and it looks good too

~Christina~
Astra XR5: 3M Film,GID, Arm Rest, SRi Wheel, Tints (50/35/13), Pioneer Nav Unit, Debadged, Glovebox Cooling, VXR Surrounds, Painted Grill, XP Spoiler, HIDS, Footwell Lighting. Pics Up :)

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Layoira's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Layoira reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Layoira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2009, 10:13 AM   #4
hAnNibAl_H
Advanced Member

1999 SL2

excellent, thank you very much

99.5 SL2
Blackberry
135k clock
74k Motor

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help hAnNibAl_H reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 05-31-2009, 10:19 AM   #5
Layoira
Layoira is on a distinguished road

2008 Astra XR

Quote:
Originally Posted by hAnNibAl_H View Post
excellent, thank you very much
No problem If you do the conversion, post up some pics!

~Christina~
Astra XR5: 3M Film,GID, Arm Rest, SRi Wheel, Tints (50/35/13), Pioneer Nav Unit, Debadged, Glovebox Cooling, VXR Surrounds, Painted Grill, XP Spoiler, HIDS, Footwell Lighting. Pics Up :)

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Layoira's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Layoira reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Layoira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2009, 07:42 PM   #6
hAnNibAl_H
Advanced Member

1999 SL2

Once I figure out how everything comes apart and goes back together I'm gonna see what happens. If it does and it comes out successful I will take many pictures.

99.5 SL2
Blackberry
135k clock
74k Motor

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 06-01-2009, 01:49 AM   #7
hrb5711
hrb5711 is on a distinguished road

2008 Astra XR

I will go ahead and tell you be ready for a challenge. I did the conversion, ordered from the above mentioned website, and made it all the way through until I hit the display screen for the radio. I have the advanced audio and couldn't didn't want to pull apart the screen. Get that out first and if it looks like something you can handle then go for it. The only other hard part is the steering wheel controls, they are just small, so start there first (only like $30 to replace).

And be careful when you do your speedometer display. There is a ribbon connecting the LCD screen to the circuit board that is easy to tear. The guy from ledconversions gives great instructions, with pictures. I highly recommend buying from him.

If you have any other questions just PM me and I will answer as best as I can.

2008 Saturn Astra XR
2003 Saturn Vue (dead...miss that car.)
1999 Saturn SL-2 (It went against a F-150....and lost.)

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to hrb5711's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help hrb5711 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
hrb5711 is offline   Reply With Quote