SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Ion > Ion General
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-15-2009, 10:08 PM   #1
pimp05ion
pimp05ion is on a distinguished road

Default 05 ion p0300 multiple/random misfire

oh k people hope fully someone can help me am out of ideas.. i have a 05 ion 2.2l

jst the other day i try turning it on and it and it sounded funny...so when i would turn it on it sounded fine ..when i would give it gas ..it would shake ..shake.wanting to turn offf but then it would catch its self and ilde kinda hard...not drive able.... so i ran a scanner it showed a p0300 multiple random misfire...so i had no clue so i got a meachnic and ive changed the coil..sprk plugs..injectors...and throttle actuator..and now it dnt turn off on me so its some wht drive able.jst shakes a lil...so after all these changes it still shows the same code...

any ideas anyone??? plzz help out of a car!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to pimp05ion's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help pimp05ion reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
pimp05ion is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 05-16-2009, 01:02 PM   #2
lgodave
lgodave will become famous soon enough

2003 ION-3 Sedan
Default Re: 05 ion p0300 multiple/random misfire

Does your "meachnic" have any ideas?

Have you cleared the code(s)?

FYI don't double post and check your spelling... it helps make sense of what you are asking. "Text" speak isn't very helpful in forums.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to lgodave's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help lgodave reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
lgodave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2009, 01:12 PM   #3
jettblaster
jettblaster is on a distinguished road

2007 ION-2 Sedan

I just had this problem on my '07. It ended up being a faulty fuel injector that was firing too lean. Over time (I have 60K!) it caused the cylinder to run too hot which started to deform the valve seats. My engine was only getting 85psi compression in cylinder 3 but 175 on all the others. This only caused a small misfire at idle. It took about a day of this misfire for the SES light to come on. After a quick check at the dealer, I ended up with new injectors, and a new cylinder head complete with valves, springs, shafts, etc. Luckily, being from MA, the injector that caused the mess was covered under the emissions warranty so I didn't pay anything. GM wants the head back so they can figure out what the heck caused it.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to jettblaster's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help jettblaster reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
jettblaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2009, 11:18 AM   #4
SaturnSdn
Master Member
SaturnSdn will become famous soon enoughSaturnSdn will become famous soon enough

2007 ION-3 Sedan
2007 ION-3 Sedan

GM wants the parts back if they look at them or not ... period.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to SaturnSdn's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help SaturnSdn reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
SaturnSdn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 01:24 AM   #5
jettblaster
jettblaster is on a distinguished road

2007 ION-2 Sedan

I would agree, but they had a boat load of questions for me to go with the head return. They wanted to know where I bought gas, what the ethanol content was, did I ever use additives, etc. I think they are concerned that a minor glitch, together with their new high ethanol engines, may cause issues. I can say the car feels brand new now!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to jettblaster's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help jettblaster reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
jettblaster is offline   Reply With Quote