SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Categories > General Saturn Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-13-2009, 06:07 AM   #1
Charlie
Administrator
Charlie is a splendid one to beholdCharlie is a splendid one to beholdCharlie is a splendid one to beholdCharlie is a splendid one to beholdCharlie is a splendid one to beholdCharlie is a splendid one to beholdCharlie is a splendid one to beholdCharlie is a splendid one to behold

2008 Outlook XR
2005 VUE Red Line
Default 2010 Saturn Preview: What Could Have Been, What Might Still Be...

A new story entry has been added:

2010 Saturn Preview: What Could Have Been, What Might Still Be...

Quote:
Last month, General Motors announced that it would stop building Saturns when production of the brand's 2009 models ended later this year

2008 Saturn Outlook XR
2005 VUE Red Line
2002 L300 (sold)

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Charlie's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Charlie reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Charlie is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 05-13-2009, 03:36 PM   #2
eelfliw
eelfliw is on a distinguished road

2009 Outlook XE
2002 SL
Default Re: 2010 Saturn Preview: What Could Have Been, What Might Still Be...

Hmmmm.....

I wonder what the USB on the 2010 Outlook does? Does it let you plug in a mouse or flight stick to drive the Outlook?

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to eelfliw's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help eelfliw reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
eelfliw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 06:56 PM   #3
BobbyP
Master Member
BobbyP is just really niceBobbyP is just really niceBobbyP is just really niceBobbyP is just really nice

2006 VUE Red Line
2007 SKY

On the VUE they still don't offer the 6 speed auto with the ECOTEC, I'm surprised they still have the 3.5L V6 offering, and the 3.6L doesn't have direct injection.

Hard to get excited over the only change being a rear view camera...

It will be interesting to see how this mess works out.

2006 Black VUE Red Line - Now running iOS 11

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to BobbyP's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help BobbyP reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
BobbyP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 07:49 PM   #4
mr green
mr green is on a distinguished road

Without the new hybrid system the Saturn Vue is now an 'also ran' in my book!!!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to mr green's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help mr green reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
mr green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 08:19 PM   #5
rollsroyce250
rollsroyce250 is on a distinguished road

The whole 2010 GM lineup can be described as.... yawn. How do they hope to recapture any market share with such a dull, boring lineup? The only vehicles that look promising are the new Chev Equinox and GMC Terrain.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to rollsroyce250's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help rollsroyce250 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
rollsroyce250 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 08:44 AM   #6
BobbyP
Master Member
BobbyP is just really niceBobbyP is just really niceBobbyP is just really niceBobbyP is just really nice

2006 VUE Red Line
2007 SKY

Quote:
Originally Posted by rollsroyce250 View Post
The whole 2010 GM lineup can be described as.... yawn. How do they hope to recapture any market share with such a dull, boring lineup? The only vehicles that look promising are the new Chev Equinox and GMC Terrain.
It's in GM's best interest NOT to give Saturn anything special that could pull sales away from their own divisions. It will be an uphill battle for the new owners to negotiate the better technology from GM now that they no longer have a vested interest.

2006 Black VUE Red Line - Now running iOS 11

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to BobbyP's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help BobbyP reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
BobbyP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2009, 12:49 PM   #7
darnell89
darnell89 is on a distinguished road

1996 SL2

SATURN has really drop all of my interest recently. SATURN has really lost the uniqueness, and now Pontiac is being dropped, and Saab & Hummer also might soon be gone. I hope SATURN really finds a new owner soon to drop the current line-up, and start something unique, because every since they started going behind GM, and rebadging everything they really lost me. I'm still trying to think weither I want to drop SATURN too, and drive another brand out of the GM line-up.

Look @ the new 2010 Opel Astra (Redesigned): Looks way better than the current model.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LAO6lGVYTFo

SATURN FAN 4 LYFE (Darnell)

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to darnell89's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help darnell89 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
darnell89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2009, 05:49 PM   #8
jmclaughlin82
jmclaughlin82 is on a distinguished road

1997 SC1

Looking at these models makes me wonder where the "different kind of car company" went. I miss the Saturn models of old. I do not like the new models at all. I really haven't since the SL's. Since they started making the L models and beyond the cars look just like all the others on the road. I like that you can tell the car is a Saturn from 100 feet down the road, that distinct front end, and headlights. I hope that the new owners give the brand that image again, and get some unique styles. Nevermind the 2010 models GM has slated, get rid of them (maybe keep the SKY and VUE) and start with scratch!!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to jmclaughlin82's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help jmclaughlin82 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
jmclaughlin82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 08:55 AM   #9
PortCityShawn
PortCityShawn is on a distinguished road

2002 VUE 2.2L

Quote:
Originally Posted by eelfliw View Post
Hmmmm.....

I wonder what the USB on the 2010 Outlook does? Does it let you plug in a mouse or flight stick to drive the Outlook?
I don't know if had received your answer but this allows you to control your Mp3 player directly through your radio. You may also download mp3s to a memory stick and access through the radio. DM Saturn Sales Manager

Shawn

Shawn Beaudoin
eBusiness Manager
Saturn of Portsmouth
Portsmouth, NH

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to PortCityShawn's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help PortCityShawn reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
PortCityShawn is offline   Reply With Quote