SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Categories > General Saturn Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-29-2009, 10:48 PM   #1
Charlie
Administrator
Charlie is a splendid one to beholdCharlie is a splendid one to beholdCharlie is a splendid one to beholdCharlie is a splendid one to beholdCharlie is a splendid one to beholdCharlie is a splendid one to beholdCharlie is a splendid one to beholdCharlie is a splendid one to behold

2008 Outlook XR
2005 VUE Red Line
Default Demise of Saturn Might Be Saddest of All

A new feeditems entry has been added:

Demise of Saturn Might Be Saddest of All

Quote:
Charles Murray from Design News: The demise of Pontiac has grabbed auto industry headlines over the past few days, but little has been said about GM's abrupt change in plans for its Saturn. Yesterday, the giant automaker said it no longer plans to build Saturns through the end of 2011. Instead, it will phase out Saturn at the end of the 2009 model year. That's sad.

2008 Saturn Outlook XR
2005 VUE Red Line
2002 L300 (sold)

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Charlie's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Charlie reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Charlie is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 04-29-2009, 11:00 PM   #2
zteg666
zteg666 is on a distinguished road

Default Re: Demise of Saturn Might Be Saddest of All

Thats cute

2001 Juiced SC2

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to zteg666's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help zteg666 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
zteg666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 11:04 PM   #3
macbox
macbox is on a distinguished road

1995 SC2
1997 SC2
Default Re: Demise of Saturn Might Be Saddest of All

I've come to the conclusion that I'm just going to have to keep my S-Series running as long as I can, and when the time comes where I can't keep it running, I'll have to look for something else, hopefully not before 2015 when my car turns 20 and I can get the special plates here in MN.

#4, 1995 SC2m, 163K, 400 Miles per quart. Garage queen. Currently in 1000 pieces for a rebuild.
#5, 1998 SW2m, rebuilt at 126K, Totaled at 205K miles.
#6 1997 SC2a, 179K, Needs a new head.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to macbox's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help macbox reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
macbox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 12:24 AM   #4
jaman
jaman is on a distinguished road

2005 ION-2 Sedan
Dizzy Re: Demise of Saturn Might Be Saddest of All

SATURN would have worked if is wasn't for gm marketing screwing the whole thing up. The SATURN ION is just as good as any Honda out there and was and still is way more affordable. The SATURN ION also out performs allot of Japanese / Korean cars on the rode.

GM just couldn't figure out how to sell them . If you ask me its because GM was trying to sell way to many different models of autos. The way I see it ,thats pretty hard because different cars require different advertisement schemes which gets pretty confusing when your trying to sell 15 different makes.

SPACE )))) )))) ))) THE FINAL FRONTIER ((( (((( (((( TO BOLDLY GO WHERE NO SATURN HAS GONE BEFORE ((

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to jaman's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help jaman reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
jaman is offline   Reply With Quote