SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Sky > Sky General
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-26-2009, 10:18 PM   #1
Charlie
Administrator
Charlie is a splendid one to beholdCharlie is a splendid one to beholdCharlie is a splendid one to beholdCharlie is a splendid one to beholdCharlie is a splendid one to beholdCharlie is a splendid one to beholdCharlie is a splendid one to beholdCharlie is a splendid one to behold

2008 Outlook XR
2005 VUE Red Line
Default Sky Plant Spared Worst of Shutdown

A new feeditems entry has been added:

Sky Plant Spared Worst of Shutdown

Quote:
From the News Journal: Joe Riccio, shop chairman for United Auto Workers Local 435, said workers at the Boxwood Road factory were upset that they first learned about the shutdowns from news reports. "We were worried that there was going to be a long, drawn-out shutdown over this thing," Riccio said.

2008 Saturn Outlook XR
2005 VUE Red Line
2002 L300 (sold)

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Charlie's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Charlie reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Charlie is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 04-29-2009, 10:34 PM   #2
majbong
majbong is on a distinguished road

Default Re: Sky Plant Spared Worst of Shutdown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie View Post
A new feeditems entry has been added:

Sky Plant Spared Worst of Shutdown
Maybe you should have waited to make that statement. As of today 4/29/09
CNN said GM to sell Saturn by the end of the year. But dont worry BMW is looking to buy them so enjoy your forgeign cars, maybe trade up to a BMW built Mini.
Maybe without saturn GM can make some profit in North America for a change

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to majbong's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help majbong reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
majbong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 10:55 PM   #3
s-seriesguy
s-seriesguy will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by majbong View Post
Maybe you should have waited to make that statement. As of today 4/29/09
CNN said GM to sell Saturn by the end of the year. But dont worry BMW is looking to buy them so enjoy your forgeign cars, maybe trade up to a BMW built Mini.
Maybe without saturn GM can make some profit in North America for a change
BMW buying them? LOL where are you getting your false info? Fox news?

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to s-seriesguy's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help s-seriesguy reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
s-seriesguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 04:13 PM   #4
majbong

Quote:
Originally Posted by s-seriesguy View Post
BMW buying them? LOL where are you getting your false info? Fox news?
I wouldnt listen to fox news if my life counted on it, but the Detroit Free Press knows a bit more about the auto industry then you ever will
30 ys UAW nyself

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help majbong reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 05-02-2009, 12:17 PM   #5
s-seriesguy
s-seriesguy will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by majbong View Post
I wouldnt listen to fox news if my life counted on it, but the Detroit Free Press knows a bit more about the auto industry then you ever will
30 ys UAW nyself
Maybe you should quit reading Free Press articles from 6 months ago and get with the recent news, becuase BMW is not one of the major purchases looking at the brand.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to s-seriesguy's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help s-seriesguy reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
s-seriesguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2009, 06:28 PM   #6
majbong

Quote:
Originally Posted by s-seriesguy View Post
Maybe you should quit reading Free Press articles from 6 months ago and get with the recent news, becuase BMW is not one of the major purchases looking at the brand.

Considering the decision to dump Saturn was not even thought of, but just a proposal 6 months ago, I see your one of those who doesnt know much about the industry at all yet talks like he does. Decision was made final last week.
I have been in the industry since the 70's and know my info a bit more than a consumer. And yes by speaking to a few BMW people they are considering to purchase it, in the need of a cheap car to sell. But dont worry whoever buys it wont hold it long, since Saturn has never returned the initial investment of 100 Million dollars back to GM. I doubt it will do much better for anyone else.
So please dont speak of what you know not...

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 06-01-2009, 12:33 PM   #7
2NDSOUT
Master Member
2NDSOUT is a jewel in the rough2NDSOUT is a jewel in the rough2NDSOUT is a jewel in the rough2NDSOUT is a jewel in the rough

1994 SL2
1999 SL

My, how the news changes in a month.

End of the Line for Wilmington Plant at the end of July:

http://news.bostonherald.com/busines...osition=recent

Bryan

94SL2 HCE, "Pearl"

99 SL

94SL2 260K Miles
1/15

97SW2 266K Miles
2/15

Always
94SC1 340,501 Miles
Org. Engine/Auto Trans
2/97-10/08
Gone 3/12

92SL1
05VUE
91SC

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to 2NDSOUT's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help 2NDSOUT reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
2NDSOUT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 02:12 PM   #8
marcusevan
marcusevan is on a distinguished road

Funny or maybe not, how none of the previous posters now want to respond to the news of the closing of the Wilmington plant. I know that every one wants to spin a positive side for Saturn, but I'm one who was employed at a Saturn retail facility for right at 15 years and the brand is just not the same. Too many obstacles to overcome and I feel sorry for the ones who still drinking the Saturn Kool-aid . I'm afraid you will be mightily disappointed. Ever since the movement of Skip Lefauve from Saturn to head of GM's north American small car division there has been a slow demise of Saturn. And obviously the untimely death of Mr. Lefauve might I add.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to marcusevan's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help marcusevan reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
marcusevan is offline   Reply With Quote