SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Vue > 2008 Vue
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-03-2008, 08:52 AM   #1
dadavue
dadavue is on a distinguished road

Dizzy Front Passenger Side Door Hitting Fender

The front passenger side door is hitting the fender on my 2008 Saturn Vue. It appears as if the clearance is too tight so there is contact when the door is opened. Anyone also having this problem? It hits just above the fake door venting panel. The dealer told me he has seen other Vues with this problem.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to dadavue's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help dadavue reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
dadavue is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 10-03-2008, 09:16 AM   #2
PortCityShawn
PortCityShawn is on a distinguished road

2002 VUE 2.2L
Default Re: Front Passenger Side Door Hitting Fender

Quote:
Originally Posted by dadavue View Post
The front passenger side door is hitting the fender on my 2008 Saturn Vue. It appears as if the clearance is too tight so there is contact when the door is opened. Anyone also having this problem? It hits just above the fake door venting panel. The dealer told me he has seen other Vues with this problem.
... and he mentioned that because he's going to fix it all under warranty or to see if you accept that they often come that way? They don't!

Pick up a coffee & a couple of donuts for your friendly, neighborhood Saturn Service Advisor & ask them fix the hinges which must be out of spec & take care of any rub areas. I'm sure they will...

Shawn

Shawn Beaudoin
eBusiness Manager
Saturn of Portsmouth
Portsmouth, NH

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to PortCityShawn's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help PortCityShawn reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
PortCityShawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2008, 10:58 AM   #3
Kooler King
Advanced Member
Kooler King is on a distinguished road

2008 AURA XE

Quote:
Originally Posted by dadavue View Post
The front passenger side door is hitting the fender on my 2008 Saturn Vue ... The dealer told me he has seen other Vues with this problem.
Then they should have a lot of experience correcting this ... they do find and fix all such things in their 500-point pre-delivery inspection, don't they???

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Kooler King's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Kooler King reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Kooler King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 09:53 PM   #4
dadavue

Thanks for the input by other members. I just dropped the car off today and I was assured that the problem would be fixed. The dealer body shop last week did a half-aXXed repair by cutting the primer and paint down then touching it up with paint to get rid of the 1/8 inch front edge of my door that was hitting the fender edge just above the fake air vent. I'll let you know what they did to repair it. I am damned mad because I paid cash savings with a trade in on this vehicle and get repairs half axxed like I leased it and don't give a damn. My last vehicle a Pontiac Aztek was built much better.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help dadavue reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 10-28-2008, 05:28 PM   #5
dadavue

My awesome dealer service department made certain that the body shop repaired my car to "as new should be" condition!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 04-28-2009, 10:13 PM   #6
dadavue

I got rid of this vehicle since it had too many problems as and I had a horrible sales experience at Saturn of Clarkston! The service department there is excellent however.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 04-29-2009, 07:40 AM   #7
ar15
ar15 is on a distinguished road

I bet you can find a great deal on a pre-owned "quality built", and highly stylish, Pontiac Aztek.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to ar15's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help ar15 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
ar15 is offline   Reply With Quote