SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Categories > General Saturn Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-17-2009, 12:46 AM   #1
Charlie
Administrator
Charlie has much to be proud ofCharlie has much to be proud ofCharlie has much to be proud ofCharlie has much to be proud ofCharlie has much to be proud ofCharlie has much to be proud ofCharlie has much to be proud ofCharlie has much to be proud of

2008 Outlook XR
2005 VUE Red Line
Default Thousands of Owners and Fans Speak Out in Support of Saturn as Speculation Rises and

A new story entry has been added:

Thousands of Owners and Fans Speak Out in Support of Saturn as Speculation Rises and an Official Announcement Draws Near

Quote:
On what could be the eve of an official announcement from General Motors about the future of its former import-fighting brand, Saturn fans are anxiously waiting for news that will bring some closure to what's been an emotionally charged time - I can't even imagine how Saturn employees and retailers have felt going through this process.

2008 Saturn Outlook XR
2005 VUE Red Line
2002 L300 (sold)

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Charlie's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Charlie reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Charlie is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 04-17-2009, 12:50 AM   #2
piney
Master Member
piney will become famous soon enoughpiney will become famous soon enough

Default Re: Thousands of Owners and Fans Speak Out in Support of Saturn as Speculation Rises

I'm "Excited"!! As long as it has polymer panels and a CTDI motor, I'm there. Oh, and the people who make it better speak English as a native tongue.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to piney's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help piney reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
piney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 10:06 AM   #3
marx404
Master Member
marx404 will become famous soon enough

2008 Astra XE
Happy Re: Thousands of Owners and Fans Speak Out in Support of Saturn as Speculation Rises

Quote:
Originally Posted by piney View Post
I'm "[SIZE="4"]Oh, and the people who make it better speak English as a native tongue.
Oh well, that rules out South Florida then. Better move, Piney. HAhahahaha...si.

marx404
Saturn lives on.

1994 SL2
2002 SC2
2007 ION.3
2008 Astra XE
2004 L300.1

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to marx404's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help marx404 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
marx404 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 10:19 AM   #4
saturn_69
Master Member
saturn_69 will become famous soon enough

Default Re: Thousands of Owners and Fans Speak Out in Support of Saturn as Speculation Rises

This feels like the moment in "Christine" when Arnie looks upon his poor, battered, bashed and abused car (much like what GM has done to Saturn), and, with a smirk and a gleem in his eye, says "Show me...." I really hope this works and works well, if for no other reason then to thumb Saturn's nose at GM for all the abuse and neglect over the years. I'd prefer to stay in the 'family'.

"That government is best which governs not at all; and when men are prepared for it, that will be the kind of government which they will have" - H.D. Thoreau

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to saturn_69's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help saturn_69 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
saturn_69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 10:26 AM   #5
M7Mayberry
M7Mayberry is on a distinguished road

2007 VUE 2.2L

Quote:
Oh, and the people who make it better speak English as a native tongue.
Does Australia count? And some plant in Tennessee Springs to mind.

"It's time for DODGER BASEBALL!" - Vin Scully

2007 Vue 5-speed manual
1999 Chevrolet S-10 5-speed manual (RIP 2011)

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to M7Mayberry's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help M7Mayberry reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
M7Mayberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 10:38 AM   #6
eelfliw
eelfliw is on a distinguished road

2009 Outlook XE
2002 SL

Quote:
I'm "Excited"!! As long as it has polymer panels and a CTDI motor, I'm there. Oh, and the people who make it better speak English as a native tongue.
Thanks to the British colonization of India years ago. English is the common language that everyone speaks amongst numerous local languages in India. In fact, it is one of the two official languages (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Officia...uages_of_India).

Are you suggesting India made Saturns (ie. Satata)??

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to eelfliw's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help eelfliw reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
eelfliw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 02:11 PM   #7
IONfan2
IONfan2 is on a distinguished road

2002 SC2
1996 SW2

I'm excited! Hopefully Saturn leaves that leech of GM and becomes different again!

The future's looking bright!

2002 SC2 (78,000 miles) I LOVE my Saturn! =]

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to IONfan2's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help IONfan2 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
IONfan2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 05:06 PM   #8
Kooler King
Advanced Member
Kooler King is on a distinguished road

2008 AURA XE

Quote:
Originally Posted by eelfliw View Post
Thanks to the British colonization of India years ago. English is the common language that everyone speaks amongst numerous local languages in India. In fact, it is one of the two official languages (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Officia...uages_of_India).

Are you suggesting India made Saturns (ie. Satata)??
Interestingly, the US has no official language.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Kooler King's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Kooler King reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Kooler King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009, 12:45 PM   #9
GR898SL2
Master Member
GR898SL2 will become famous soon enoughGR898SL2 will become famous soon enough

I just want Saturn's fate to be decided already; it's my belief that GM has mishandled the 'strategic review' process for Saturn and the other non-core brands by dragging it out for so long, even though that wasn't their intent.

Whatever comes to pass will prove anti-climactic with all the rampant speculation that has preceded it. I have to tip my hat to the retailers who have held out with no immediate reward (and none guaranteed) for their patience.

No more Saturns! :(
'11 & '15 Subaru Forester; '15 Nissan Altima

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to GR898SL2's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help GR898SL2 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
GR898SL2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 05:08 PM   #10
youknowme
youknowme is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by GR898SL2 View Post
I just want Saturn's fate to be decided already; it's my belief that GM has mishandled the 'strategic review' process for Saturn and the other non-core brands by dragging it out for so long, even though that wasn't their intent.

I feel it was intended. If not, then we have 100%proof that the management team at GM is indeed a bunch of idiots.

Only a drunken chimp wouldn't have realized what it would do to anyone hanging them over the cliff for over half a year.

to GM...
Good riddance and good day!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to youknowme's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help youknowme reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
youknowme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 07:04 PM   #11
dindak
dindak is on a distinguished road

I don't ever see buying a Saturn again if it's not American owned.

I remember being wowed last year by the line-up of Saturn at the Auto Show. i can't believe Saturn could now go Chinese.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to dindak's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help dindak reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
dindak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 09:42 PM   #12
Kooler King
Advanced Member
Kooler King is on a distinguished road

2008 AURA XE

Quote:
Originally Posted by youknowme View Post
I feel it was intended. If not, then we have 100%proof that the management team at GM is indeed a bunch of idiots.

Only a drunken chimp wouldn't have realized what it would do to anyone hanging them over the cliff for over half a year.

to GM...
Good riddance and good day!
You're being unfair to drunken chimps ...

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Kooler King's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Kooler King reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Kooler King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 06:53 PM   #13
RoadIon
Advanced Member
RoadIon will become famous soon enough

2007 ION Red Line
2007 ION-3 Sedan

August first before we know anything.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to RoadIon's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help RoadIon reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
RoadIon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 09:39 PM   #14
page2171
page2171 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoadIon View Post
August first before we know anything.
Will there be any retailers left to sell Saturns by Aug 1?

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to page2171's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help page2171 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
page2171 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 10:02 PM   #15
Sival
Sival will become famous soon enough

2007 ION-3 Sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by GR898SL2 View Post

Whatever comes to pass will prove anti-climactic with all the rampant speculation that has preceded it. I have to tip my hat to the retailers who have held out with no immediate reward (and none guaranteed) for their patience.

GM has mishandled a lot of things recently. They should have done like Ford and used up all private sources of funding before even coming to the government for loans. They should also have shut up about their plans until they knew exactly what they are. As it stands, they're putting themselves in the news in a negative light weekly, which hurts their image, plus they're getting caught in the backlash against the companies that were "bailed out". It has not done the outrageous wastes of money that the banks did with their money, but they still get painted in the same light by association and it's hurting them.

Ford on the other hand is doing its changes internally and keeping quiet for the moment, and this is helping them a lot.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Sival's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Sival reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Sival is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 10:05 PM   #16
piney
Master Member
piney will become famous soon enoughpiney will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by page2171 View Post
Will there be any retailers left to sell Saturns by Aug 1?
Of course, they will be available here and here for a year or so.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to piney's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help piney reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
piney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 11:04 PM   #17
youknowme
youknowme is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sival View Post
GM has mishandled a lot of things recently. They should have done like Ford and used up all private sources of funding before even coming to the government for loans. They should also have shut up about their plans until they knew exactly what they are. As it stands, they're putting themselves in the news in a negative light weekly, which hurts their image, plus they're getting caught in the backlash against the companies that were "bailed out". It has not done the outrageous wastes of money that the banks did with their money, but they still get painted in the same light by association and it's hurting them.

Ford on the other hand is doing its changes internally and keeping quiet for the moment, and this is helping them a lot.

Between Bob and Rick talking out of their respective butts every other day, the other top morons contradicting them, and then the official position of the company, you had to wonder who was in control???

This is how you trash your company.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to youknowme's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help youknowme reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
youknowme is offline   Reply With Quote