SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Aura > Aura General
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-10-2009, 06:15 AM   #1
Charlie
Administrator
Charlie is a splendid one to beholdCharlie is a splendid one to beholdCharlie is a splendid one to beholdCharlie is a splendid one to beholdCharlie is a splendid one to beholdCharlie is a splendid one to beholdCharlie is a splendid one to beholdCharlie is a splendid one to behold

2008 Outlook XR
2005 VUE Red Line
Default First Look: Tempted by the New-for-2010 Pearl White 33 MPG Saturn Aura

A new story entry has been added:

First Look: Tempted by the New-for-2010 Pearl White 33 MPG Saturn Aura

Quote:
I've been a fan of pearl colored Saturns since the debut of the 1994 SL2 Homecoming Edition. Up until last year when White Diamond Tricoat was offered as regular option on the 2008 Saturn Outlook, the multi-layer color was limited to special edition or commemorative models. Later this year, Saturn will expand the availability of pearl white to its four-door Aura midsize car, according to a 2010 Ordering Guide obtained by SaturnFans.com.

2008 Saturn Outlook XR
2005 VUE Red Line
2002 L300 (sold)

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Charlie's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Charlie reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Charlie is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 04-10-2009, 11:05 AM   #2
lococrzy
lococrzy is on a distinguished road

Default Re: First Look: Tempted by the New-for-2010 Pearl White 33 MPG Saturn Aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie View Post
NO SIDE MARKERS!!!!!
BLack MIrors!!!!

these sound like down grades to me!!!!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to lococrzy's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help lococrzy reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
lococrzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009, 12:26 PM   #3
BobbyP
Master Member
BobbyP is just really niceBobbyP is just really niceBobbyP is just really niceBobbyP is just really nice

2006 VUE Red Line
2007 SKY
Default Re: First Look: Tempted by the New-for-2010 Pearl White 33 MPG Saturn Aura

GM no longer has a vested interest in Saturn. I anticipate that there will be more changes that will make the GM siblings more desirable.

2006 Black VUE Red Line - Now running iOS 11

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to BobbyP's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help BobbyP reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
BobbyP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009, 04:56 PM   #4
Wudman
Wudman is on a distinguished road

Dazed Re: First Look: Tempted by the New-for-2010 Pearl White 33 MPG Saturn Aura

So much for the other, sweeter looking 2010 Saturn Aura that is still on the "IMSATURN" site posted last April. (google 2010 Saturn and IMSaturn not up to 15 posts yet)

I wonder if what popped up on Bloomberg Radio yesterday around 11:45 AM CST was a view of next week? There was a story on the Bllombergs XM radio channel that GM had choosen it's 5 brands. A GM spokesman was commenting on how "it was going to be good to focus on Caddilac and Chevy", the "two bookends" of GM going forward. I immediately checked everywhere and no one else had anything to say about this.

I will presume if we get a 2010 Aura, we will be glad to get anything, but the 2010 Opel is hot. The writing on the wall seems to have turned into stone carvings. The future for GM appears to be Cadillac, Chevy, GMC, and parts of Buick and Pontiac. The report indicated a new line up of approximately 20 cars. Frankly with GMC getting a bulkier version of the Vue, (the baby Acadia as I'd like to say, but officially the Terrain and Chevy's Equinox going with the Vue platform, what is the point when it comes to Saturn? No Sky, no Astra, dupicates of the Aura, Outlook and Vue in cousin brands. Combining that with a mandate to thin the heard and it appears to support an end to the brand. It might also explain why we are seeing a slightly warmed over 2009 Aura with more "anti-Saturn" features being promoted.

Rocking S. Illinois on WDLJ 97.5 FM www.RadioFreeMojo.Com
Custom Web Design & SEO www.JohnLWood.Com
& Purveyor of Fine Saturn Cars @ Metro East Saturn, Fairview Heights, IL

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Wudman's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Wudman reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Wudman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 07:50 AM   #5
Kimosen
Kimosen is on a distinguished road

2008 AURA XR

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyP View Post
GM no longer has a vested interest in Saturn. I anticipate that there will be more changes that will make the GM siblings more desirable.
Actually, these changes aren't being made to make other GM models more desirable, considering they were done to the Chevrolet version last year already.

This article merely takes the "bad" and disregards everything else from the 2010 order guide. Typical.

Saturn's changing the packaging on the Aura for next year. Some things are getting taken away to create a "value" model. (which people have been clamoring for). Some other things are being added, like USB iPod support, to higher models.

Take some here, give some here, but it's not being done to make Chevy look better - it's being done to make Saturn more competitive.

After all, Saturn may be going away - but GM would still like to sell a few cars while it's here.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Kimosen's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Kimosen reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Kimosen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 10:01 AM   #6
onefunkar
Master Member
onefunkar is a jewel in the roughonefunkar is a jewel in the roughonefunkar is a jewel in the roughonefunkar is a jewel in the rough

2008 Outlook XR
2007 AURA XR

we are being brought down to chevy level instead of top of the line cars.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to onefunkar's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help onefunkar reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
onefunkar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 07:45 AM   #7
wei_
wei_ is on a distinguished road

The deletion of a safety feature (side marker repeaters) seems backwards for a car company that still claims that safety is a priority.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to wei_'s Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help wei_ reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
wei_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 11:55 AM   #8
Phaeton Driver
Phaeton Driver will become famous soon enough

2007 AURA XR

Quote:
Originally Posted by wei_ View Post
The deletion of a safety feature (side marker repeaters) seems backwards for a car company that still claims that safety is a priority.
[IMHO]Those tiny little lights are redundant and unnecessary except on a bus.
Headlight and tail-light units have side facing lights already.
The body looks much better without such things cluttering it up.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Phaeton Driver's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Phaeton Driver reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Phaeton Driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 12:06 PM   #9
onefunkar
Master Member
onefunkar is a jewel in the roughonefunkar is a jewel in the roughonefunkar is a jewel in the roughonefunkar is a jewel in the rough

2008 Outlook XR
2007 AURA XR

you must admit it does make it easier for someone to see you are changing lanes assuming the person actually signals

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help onefunkar reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 04-14-2009, 12:12 PM   #10
onefunkar
Master Member

2008 Outlook XR
2007 AURA XR

and if we are going to talk about safety issues what about lutz who came to gm in 2002 and on 03s took out , on most cars, side airbags and abs.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 04-14-2009, 03:06 PM   #11
AuraDrvr89
Master Member
AuraDrvr89 will become famous soon enough

2007 AURA XE

The Aura will look absolutely exquisite with that Pearl white color! I can't wait to see it.

I am sad to see the repeaters go. I think they were a nice touch, but after all they did away with them on the Malibu after only one model year.

I also don't know how I feel about the black mirrors, I'll have to see one first.. It may actually look alright.. I'm not sure about it yet.

I like the idea of having a value Aura.. I personally wouldn't like one, but it may sell pretty well. Maybe have manual windows, abs/traction as an option, etc. Some consumers might like something like that.

Only time will tell.

-Joel

Now: 2009 BMW 328i xDrive, Monaco Blue Metallic
Then:
2007 SATURN AURA XE,Cream White
2004 Saturn Ion 3 Special Edition Sedan, Onyx Black

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to AuraDrvr89's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help AuraDrvr89 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
AuraDrvr89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 04:03 PM   #12
Kimosen

2008 AURA XR

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuraDrvr89 View Post
The Aura will look absolutely exquisite with that Pearl white color! I can't wait to see it.

I am sad to see the repeaters go. I think they were a nice touch, but after all they did away with them on the Malibu after only one model year.

I also don't know how I feel about the black mirrors, I'll have to see one first.. It may actually look alright.. I'm not sure about it yet.

I like the idea of having a value Aura.. I personally wouldn't like one, but it may sell pretty well. Maybe have manual windows, abs/traction as an option, etc. Some consumers might like something like that.

Only time will tell.
The black mirrors will only be on the "value" model, the rest of the models, including the current "base" model will have body colored mirrors.

That's what the ordering guide says anyway.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help Kimosen reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 04-14-2009, 05:56 PM   #13
Charlie
Administrator
Charlie is a splendid one to beholdCharlie is a splendid one to beholdCharlie is a splendid one to beholdCharlie is a splendid one to beholdCharlie is a splendid one to beholdCharlie is a splendid one to beholdCharlie is a splendid one to beholdCharlie is a splendid one to behold

2008 Outlook XR
2005 VUE Red Line
Arrow Re: First Look: Tempted by the New-for-2010 Pearl White 33 MPG Saturn Aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimosen View Post
This article merely takes the "bad" and disregards everything else from the 2010 order guide. Typical.
Actually, I was impressed with what I saw. I didn't intend the article to have any "bad" in it. I liked how Saturn how Saturn is packaging options in '10, and I really like that you can get the 2.4L XR with white diamond tricoat (one of my favorite colors).

Are my articles on the front page really that negative? I'm usually accused of being too positive.

Charlie

2008 Saturn Outlook XR
2005 VUE Red Line
2002 L300 (sold)

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Charlie's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Charlie reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Charlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 06:45 PM   #14
Kimosen

2008 AURA XR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie View Post
Actually, I was impressed with what I saw. I didn't intend the article to have any "bad" in it. I liked how Saturn how Saturn is packaging options in '10, and I really like that you can get the 2.4L XR with white diamond tricoat (one of my favorite colors).

Are my articles on the front page really that negative? I'm usually accused of being too positive.

Charlie
Apologies. Your article wasn't negative - just the first posted comment regarding it.

My animosity wasn't directed at you.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 04-14-2009, 07:34 PM   #15
page2171
page2171 will become famous soon enough

Quote:

Only time will tell.
I agree across the board with you. I'm not a fan of going with the black mirrors. I have them on my '04 Malibu (a cousin of the Aura) and they look cheap to me. I need a car with more room than my Malibu, but every time I see an Aura I am tempted to make the kids squeeze in and go ahead and get an Aura.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to page2171's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help page2171 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
page2171 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 01:31 PM   #16
AuraDrvr89
Master Member
AuraDrvr89 will become famous soon enough

2007 AURA XE

Quote:
Originally Posted by page2171 View Post
I agree across the board with you. I'm not a fan of going with the black mirrors. I have them on my '04 Malibu (a cousin of the Aura) and they look cheap to me. I need a car with more room than my Malibu, but every time I see an Aura I am tempted to make the kids squeeze in and go ahead and get an Aura.
Before I make my final judgment on the Aura with black mirrors, I'll have to see one.

I say, make the kids squeeze and get one. Everyone will likely appreciate it, maybe even the kids.

-Joel

Now: 2009 BMW 328i xDrive, Monaco Blue Metallic
Then:
2007 SATURN AURA XE,Cream White
2004 Saturn Ion 3 Special Edition Sedan, Onyx Black

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to AuraDrvr89's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help AuraDrvr89 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
AuraDrvr89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 07:32 PM   #17
page2171
page2171 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
I say, make the kids squeeze and get one. Everyone will likely appreciate it, maybe even the kids.
I know....it is so tempting. There are even a few Saturn dealers left somewhat close to me, just the one that is 5 miles from my house is going away. I would like a XR with Moroccan brown leather interior....we'll see.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to page2171's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help page2171 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
page2171 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 07:57 PM   #18
gpartrid
Advanced Member
gpartrid will become famous soon enough

2008 AURA XR
2008 SKY Red Line

It seems, from glancing over the nec spec sheet for the 2010's that the XR "Premium" is identical equipment-wise to the 07/08/09 XR's minus the bluetooth on those models (and adjustable driver foot pedals and chrome side molding on the new Premium)?

2008 AURA XR
Ocean Mist
Sunroof
Loaded!
Built: 07/19/07

2008 SKY RL
Silver Pearl
Black on Black
6 Disc w. Monsoon
Chrome Wheels
4 Pedals
GMPP Turbo Upgrade & CAI
Built: 09/20/07

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to gpartrid's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help gpartrid reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
gpartrid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 03:02 PM   #19
mkaresh
Advanced Member
mkaresh is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimosen View Post
The black mirrors will only be on the "value" model, the rest of the models, including the current "base" model will have body colored mirrors.

That's what the ordering guide says anyway.
Good to hear. I don't notice the mirrors much myself. But a few years ago I test drove a G6 convertible with a friend of mine. He really didn't like that the mirrors were black, on a car with a price in the low 30s.

truedelta.com -- need more Saturns!
More useful reliability information -- first info on Aura and Outlook
Price comparisons, quick and thorough

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to mkaresh's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help mkaresh reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
mkaresh is offline   Reply With Quote