SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Categories > General Saturn Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-03-2009, 10:57 PM   #1
lostwages_ls2
lostwages_ls2 is on a distinguished road

Default All 3 Kansas City Saturn Dealers to close.

http://economy.kansascity.com/?q=node/1697

Your Honor Student is merely a pawn in my Min Pin's diabolical world domination plot.

Obey the Min Pin

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to lostwages_ls2's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help lostwages_ls2 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
lostwages_ls2 is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 04-03-2009, 11:07 PM   #2
BobbyP
Master Member
BobbyP is just really niceBobbyP is just really niceBobbyP is just really niceBobbyP is just really nice

2006 VUE Red Line
2007 SKY
Default Re: All 3 Kansas City Saturn Dealers to close.

Sad to hear this. Only if the Astra would have sold better...

2006 Black VUE Red Line - Now running iOS 11

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to BobbyP's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help BobbyP reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
BobbyP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 06:50 AM   #3
Chris K
Chris K is on a distinguished road

2008 Outlook XE

Here's the post from the Kansas City Star web site.... not any more encouraging....

(wont allow posting of the URL - it's kansascity dot com)

The act of faith in American business and products which my wife and I showed in October, 2009 (when the automotive busiiness was at it's lowest of lows) by purchasing our first NEW vehicle in over 25 years appears to be one of the worst purchasing decisions we have ever made.

I am hopefull (but not optimistic in these economic times) that someone will pick up the franchise here in the Metro Kansas City area.

So, I guess it's time for me to go to our President Barrack HUSSAIN Obama and ask for not only a 101K bail out but also a "I was stupid enough to try to support the US automotive industry" bail out too!!!!!!

Bitter?? You betcha'!!!!!!!

Guess it's time to begin to buddy up to our local Pontiac/GMC dealer! Or are they long for this world too???

I would recommend that anyone considering purchasing a vehicle of any type from Jay Wolf Automotive or any of their many 'business' names consider the experience of us in the Kansas City/Springfield areas with this group of people!!!!!

We have simply been abandoned by Wolf Automotive and possibly Saturn as well......

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Chris K's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Chris K reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Chris K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 09:15 AM   #4
onefunkar
Master Member
onefunkar is a jewel in the roughonefunkar is a jewel in the roughonefunkar is a jewel in the roughonefunkar is a jewel in the rough

2008 Outlook XR
2007 AURA XR

seems strange that they would give up saturn two weeks before announcement.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to onefunkar's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help onefunkar reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
onefunkar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 09:27 AM   #5
marx404
Master Member
marx404 will become famous soon enough

2008 Astra XE
Checkered Flag Re: All 3 Kansas City Saturn Dealers to close.

I just wanted to highlight this part from that article. Thia article was also posted by another paper in KS and posted by another person yesterday as well.

Quote:
Belvedere said the company will seek a new franchisee to sell new Saturns in the Kansas City area. GM has plans to announce a spin-off of the Saturn division later this month, and potential retailers have expressed interest replacing Wolfe Automotive, she said.

"We're optimistic about the future of Saturn," she said. "Kansas City is a very important market for us, and we'll continue to seek a new retailer for this market."

marx404
Saturn lives on.

1994 SL2
2002 SC2
2007 ION.3
2008 Astra XE
2004 L300.1

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to marx404's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help marx404 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
marx404 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 09:41 AM   #6
L55
L55 is on a distinguished road

I sure hope Saturn canceled any "we're still here" ads in the KC market.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to L55's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help L55 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
L55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 03:30 PM   #7
bdball
bdball is on a distinguished road

2007 ION-2 Sedan
2004 VUE 2.2L

After buying 5 Saturns in the past year from the same KC dealership, I'm quite disappointed. We just bought a new Vue a couple months back and at the time the dealership assured us they'd be around for at least a few more years. I assume any GM dealership will honor our warranties. Would have been nice if the dealership would have notified it's customers but I guess we don't matter to them anymore.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to bdball's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help bdball reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
bdball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 03:55 PM   #8
piney
Master Member
piney will become famous soon enoughpiney will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by onefunkar View Post
seems strange that they would give up saturn two weeks before announcement.
The dealer principle probably knows something that the average public doesn't.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to piney's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help piney reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
piney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 04:00 PM   #9
L55
L55 is on a distinguished road

These closings certainly raises questions. I could see a consolidation of 3 to 2 or 3 to 1 just because of economic times but to kiss off all three on the eve of an announcement about "exciting times" rolling on ??

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to L55's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help L55 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
L55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 05:04 PM   #10
onefunkar
Master Member
onefunkar is a jewel in the roughonefunkar is a jewel in the roughonefunkar is a jewel in the roughonefunkar is a jewel in the rough

2008 Outlook XR
2007 AURA XR

turns out he had to close it wasnt his decision

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to onefunkar's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help onefunkar reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
onefunkar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 07:17 PM   #11
TomM96
TomM96 will become famous soon enough

>one of the worst purchasing decisions we have ever made....
Not necessarily ... I'm sure the warranty will be honored; Obama admin had determined to continue supporting/sustaining GM , but the resistance by bondholders and UAW will probably force a restructuring.
Is the "Wolf" automotive a nationwide chain? I bought a used VW that had been sold/preped by a Wolf dealer in Hartford , CT.
We will not know anything 'firm' until we discover (I)how the worldwide recession works out, and (II)how the domestic, and foreign/multinational auto companies fare. The denoument could easily require a couple years....

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to TomM96's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help TomM96 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
TomM96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 07:31 PM   #12
VTHokie00SL2
Master Member
VTHokie00SL2 will become famous soon enoughVTHokie00SL2 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by L55 View Post
I sure hope Saturn canceled any "we're still here" ads in the KC market.

They still show 'em in central NJ, even though all of the dealers there (Eatontown, Freehold, Brunswick) are gone.

Celebrity Eurosport.
When the road gets a little nervous, take one of these.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to VTHokie00SL2's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help VTHokie00SL2 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
VTHokie00SL2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 07:44 PM   #13
piney
Master Member
piney will become famous soon enoughpiney will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by onefunkar View Post
turns out he had to close it wasnt his decision
Please elaborate, preferably with a link to something that validates this or this would be just as spurious as any rumor that would be deleted if it wasn't verifiable.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to piney's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help piney reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
piney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 11:49 AM   #14
Astra a Go-Go
Astra a Go-Go is on a distinguished road

2008 Astra XE

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomM96 View Post
Is the "Wolf" automotive a nationwide chain? I bought a used VW that had been sold/preped by a Wolf dealer in Hartford , CT.
No. This particular Wolfe has the three dealerships in Kansas City and one in Springfield, MO.

Edit: Sorry, Wolfe has more dealerships in Chicago. However, none of those are Saturn.

Previously owned:
1996 SL2
2002 SL2

Current love:
2008 Astra XE 5dr

Last edited by Astra a Go-Go; 04-06-2009 at 11:56 AM..

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Astra a Go-Go's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Astra a Go-Go reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Astra a Go-Go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 10:18 PM   #15
Kooler King
Advanced Member
Kooler King is on a distinguished road

2008 AURA XE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris K View Post
... The act of faith in American business and products which my wife and I showed in October, 2009 (when the automotive busiiness was at it's lowest of lows) by purchasing our first NEW vehicle in over 25 years appears to be one of the worst purchasing decisions we have ever made.
A couple of questions come to mind regarding this post;

1) Is there a problem with the vehicle to make this the "worst" purchasing decision?

2) Since you must have used a time-transport machine of some sort to buy this vehicle in Oct 2009, can't you just not go to that dealership on that given day or would that rip the fabric of the time-space continuum (possibly voiding your warranty)?

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Kooler King's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Kooler King reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Kooler King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 11:49 AM   #16
marx404
Master Member
marx404 will become famous soon enough

2008 Astra XE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kooler King View Post
Since you must have used a time-transport machine of some sort to buy this vehicle in Oct 2009, can't you just not go to that dealership on that given day or would that rip the fabric of the time-space continuum (possibly voiding your warranty)?
Wait a minute. If your HERE, then that means....Ooooh Boy! :-0

marx404
Saturn lives on.

1994 SL2
2002 SC2
2007 ION.3
2008 Astra XE
2004 L300.1

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to marx404's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help marx404 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
marx404 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 11:37 PM   #17
bobgroh
bobgroh is on a distinguished road

2002 L-Series 3.0L Wagon
2008 VUE 3.6L

We presently own 2 Saturns - a 2002 LW300 and a 2008 Vue XR - both purchased at one of the Kansas City Saturn dealers(Saturn of Blue Springs). We have also purchased a 2003 L200 there and our daughter purchased a 2001 SL1 there.

So, yes, we are feeling a bit betrayed by Jay Wolfe (the parent company). And, as of today, no written notice from them. I guess buying 3 new cars does not warrant a letter. My daughter got a letter but little real information in it other than a notice that they would no longer sell or service Saturn's - the facilities would become used car outlets only.

I suspect we will be able to use other GM dealers for warranty work but, again, no word from any one - from Saturn of Blue Springs (Jay Wolfe), from Saturn or from GM.

Yes, times are tough and GM may not even survive. And Saturn certainly looks like it will be toast very soon. But does common courtesy have to be suspended because times are tough?

Bob Groh
Blue Springs, MO.
---------------------

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to bobgroh's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help bobgroh reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
bobgroh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 10:12 AM   #18
fattening-food
fattening-food is on a distinguished road

I did receive the letter, it did mention that we should be receiving a letter from GM with information on where to have warranty work on our Saturn done. What I found really funny was yesterday we received a coupon book for an oil change and tire rotation for Saturn of Olathe. It also mentioned great lease offers and we should come in and check out all their new Saturns!

I had an appointment to have the Flashing C on our compass checked. To find someone else, I first called a GMC/Buick/Pontiac dealership and they said they weren't setup to do warranty work on Saturns, but to call a Chevy dealer. I then called McCarthy Chevrolet (which is on the same block as Saturn of Olathe) and they said they will do warranty work on our Vue. You may try a Chevy dealership closer to you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobgroh View Post
We presently own 2 Saturns - a 2002 LW300 and a 2008 Vue XR - both purchased at one of the Kansas City Saturn dealers(Saturn of Blue Springs). We have also purchased a 2003 L200 there and our daughter purchased a 2001 SL1 there.

So, yes, we are feeling a bit betrayed by Jay Wolfe (the parent company). And, as of today, no written notice from them. I guess buying 3 new cars does not warrant a letter. My daughter got a letter but little real information in it other than a notice that they would no longer sell or service Saturn's - the facilities would become used car outlets only.

I suspect we will be able to use other GM dealers for warranty work but, again, no word from any one - from Saturn of Blue Springs (Jay Wolfe), from Saturn or from GM.

Yes, times are tough and GM may not even survive. And Saturn certainly looks like it will be toast very soon. But does common courtesy have to be suspended because times are tough?

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to fattening-food's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help fattening-food reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
fattening-food is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 11:41 AM   #19
DeepBlueGreenLi
DeepBlueGreenLi is on a distinguished road

2007 VUE Green Line

Quote:
Originally Posted by fattening-food View Post
I did receive the letter, it did mention that we should be receiving a letter from GM with information on where to have warranty work on our Saturn done. What I found really funny was yesterday we received a coupon book for an oil change and tire rotation for Saturn of Olathe. It also mentioned great lease offers and we should come in and check out all their new Saturns!
Same here. We got the letter a couple of days ago, and yesterday got the mailer offering $750 Customer Cash to Saturn of Blue Springs. Oops. I'd guess the mailer was already prepared and set to go out before the closure was announced.

bobgroh - the letter did say that the former dealerships would still service Saturns - they just won't perform warranty repairs. I'm extremely disappointed in the development, but always thought the service at Saturn of Blue Springs was top notch.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to DeepBlueGreenLi's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help DeepBlueGreenLi reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
DeepBlueGreenLi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 09:36 AM   #20
bobgroh
bobgroh is on a distinguished road

2002 L-Series 3.0L Wagon
2008 VUE 3.6L

Quote:
Originally Posted by fattening-food View Post

I had an appointment to have the Flashing C on our compass checked. To find someone else, I first called a GMC/Buick/Pontiac dealership and they said they weren't setup to do warranty work on Saturns, but to call a Chevy dealer. I then called McCarthy Chevrolet (which is on the same block as Saturn of Olathe) and they said they will do warranty work on our Vue. You may try a Chevy dealership closer to you.
On your flashing 'C' on the compass - I had exactly the same thing on our 2008 VUE. Happened during a long trip. During a coffee break, we read the manual and then performed the calibration routine (i.e. push this button, drive around in circles,etc). Didn't clear it up right then but it did magically clear up after we got home (maybe it needed the car to be turned off and then on??) and has been fine since then (about 1 month).

And I am still waiting for my letter from GM. I would, if the need arose, call my local Chevy dealer here in Blue Springs (Molle Chevrolet) for warranty work. I also think they have a recently advertised special on oil change and tire rotation for less than $35 or so. I've done business with Molle for many years so that is not a problem. Plus a few private shops that I trust. So all is not lost. And, yes, I greatly enjoyed Blue Springs Saturn. They weren't perfect but they sure tried hard!

Bob Groh
Blue Springs, MO.
---------------------

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to bobgroh's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help bobgroh reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
bobgroh is offline   Reply With Quote