SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Categories > General Saturn Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-25-2009, 10:14 PM   #1
Charlie
Administrator
Charlie is a splendid one to beholdCharlie is a splendid one to beholdCharlie is a splendid one to beholdCharlie is a splendid one to beholdCharlie is a splendid one to beholdCharlie is a splendid one to beholdCharlie is a splendid one to beholdCharlie is a splendid one to behold

2008 Outlook XR
2005 VUE Red Line
Default Saturn Aims to Ring in a New Era

A new feeditems entry has been added:

Saturn Aims to Ring in a New Era

Quote:
G. Chambers Williams III San Antonio Express-News by way of the Akron Beacon Journal: Don't write the obituary for Saturn just yet. Plans are under way to spin the brand off into an independent distribution company, which then would contract with other automakers to build the vehicles. Saturn's dealers and GM managers say any plan they decide on would maintain the dealer network

2008 Saturn Outlook XR
2005 VUE Red Line
2002 L300 (sold)

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Charlie's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Charlie reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Charlie is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 03-25-2009, 10:46 PM   #2
Tiger
Master Member
Tiger is a jewel in the roughTiger is a jewel in the roughTiger is a jewel in the rough

1999 SL2
Default Re: Saturn Aims to Ring in a New Era

Charlie,

My dealer Lou Fusz Saturn has been advertising and sent a post card saying "were not going away". Fusz has 5 Saturn dealerships here in Missouri. One sentence speaks of the future:

"Our relationship with GM is changing but we remain the Independent car company dedicated to excellence in sales and service far into the future."

More power to them. I hope it works out. I think the principles of treating the customer in a caring way is what impressed me about Saturn. If they maintain that, it is a step in right direction. Unfortunately, none of the current vehicles Saturn sells meets my future needs.

Truth alone triumphs, not untruth.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Tiger's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Tiger reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Tiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 10:21 AM   #3
eelfliw
eelfliw is on a distinguished road

2009 Outlook XE
2002 SL

Interesting concept. My guess is that GM wants to leverage the Saturn brand name, dealerships and the positive customer experience associated with Saturn "retailers" to turn Saturn from a car company into a distribution network.

Lots of car makers around the world make nice cars and would love to tackle the North American market but lack the funds or know-how to create a distribution network and market the cars. Honda, Toyota, Nissan, etc. has been at this for 40 - 50 years but other companies want to take the express route. Saturn is trying to fill this need.

That said, the success depends on what is being brought in and how efficient/effective Saturn can be. Europe's giant Fiat group and Renault group has tried to crack the North American market but has failed so far. May be India's Tata ($2000 car!) even Chinese Chery can now take a crack.

This is exciting indeed. North American based marketing, sales and service. And offshore based manufacturing (no North American unions, factory pollutions, and complex supply chain management to worry about). Saturn provides the white-collar jobs and foreigners provide the blue-collar jobs. The work together to bring the final car to the customer.

I can't wait to see how this will work out.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to eelfliw's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help eelfliw reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
eelfliw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 11:40 AM   #4
VTHokie00SL2
Master Member
VTHokie00SL2 will become famous soon enoughVTHokie00SL2 will become famous soon enough

Yeah, cause that's why people became so enthusiastic about Saturn - a distribution company to sell other manufacturers crap! All of the reasons I was a fan of the original company are long gone and apparently aren't coming back.

Celebrity Eurosport.
When the road gets a little nervous, take one of these.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to VTHokie00SL2's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help VTHokie00SL2 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
VTHokie00SL2 is offline   Reply With Quote