SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn S-Series > S-Series Mods
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-19-2009, 09:08 PM   #1
93 sw2
93 sw2 is on a distinguished road

1993 SW2
2003 ION Red Line
Attention Except wagons.....( Springs )

I have a 93 sw2 (wagon) saturn, im looking to lower it a little and getting stiffer springs, my car bounces around like crazy, i need better handling.
Im looking at jegs.com for some Eibach Pro-Kit Lowering Springs, and it says 1992-2002 Saturn S-series except wagon & L (F 1.3", R 1.1")
i dont know why it wong fit a wagon, im guessing the weight in the back but, if anyone can help me out just post pls

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v314/TooLFan510/IMG00330.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v314/TooLFan510/IMG00331.jpg

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to 93 sw2's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help 93 sw2 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
93 sw2 is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 03-19-2009, 11:40 PM   #2
KevinVarnes
KevinVarnes has a spectacular aura aboutKevinVarnes has a spectacular aura about

2000 SL1
1995 SW2
Default Re: Except wagons.....( Springs )

I asked the same question on 6s a few months ago. They will fit a wagon, but it might sag a bit in the rear with any weight. If your ride is bouncy you should probably take a look at your struts. Also there is still (I believe) a Progress spring group buy that you might want to look at. There is a good run down of all of the aftermarket springs on a sticky in the Suspension forum on sixthsphere.com

'89 Cougar XR-7 5 Speed
'95 T-Bird SC 5 Speed
'93 T-Bird SC AOD
'91 Crown Vic P72 351W
'00 Saturn SL1 5 Speed (wife's car)
'95 Saturn SW2 (automatic for now)

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to KevinVarnes's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help KevinVarnes reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
KevinVarnes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 02:12 AM   #3
93 sw2

1993 SW2
2003 ION Red Line

alright il check that out, thanks for the info man. yah i need to take a look at some struts too

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help 93 sw2 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 03-20-2009, 11:01 AM   #4
Low Saturn
Low Saturn is a splendid one to beholdLow Saturn is a splendid one to beholdLow Saturn is a splendid one to beholdLow Saturn is a splendid one to beholdLow Saturn is a splendid one to beholdLow Saturn is a splendid one to beholdLow Saturn is a splendid one to behold

2008 AURA XE

Quote:
Originally Posted by 93 sw2 View Post
i dont know why it wong fit a wagon, im guessing the weight in the back but, if anyone can help me out just post pls
Springs for all S-Series are cross compatable. And the weight difference between a wagon and sedan/couple is insiginificant. Thw wagons are like 50pounds +/- the sedans.

Mike

-1991 Turbo SL2 - Gone, but not forgotten.
11.809 @ 116.488 mph
www.differentracing.com

-2001 Chevrolet Suburban
-2011 Rally Yellow Chevrolet Camaro 2SS RS

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Low Saturn's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Low Saturn reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Low Saturn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 12:20 PM   #5
madpogue
madpogue has much to be proud ofmadpogue has much to be proud ofmadpogue has much to be proud ofmadpogue has much to be proud ofmadpogue has much to be proud ofmadpogue has much to be proud ofmadpogue has much to be proud ofmadpogue has much to be proud of

1996 SW2

I would reckon the wagons are sprung differently not for the vehicle weight itself, but for the anticipated greater in-service payload.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to madpogue's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help madpogue reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
madpogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 12:58 PM   #6
93 sw2

1993 SW2
2003 ION Red Line

So you mean, its not designed for performance? probably, but im wondering if it will look retarded as crap with the back lower than the front, anyone have lowering springs that are good on their Sw2 ? and want to show me pics and where you bought your brand, please k thanks.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 03-20-2009, 01:12 PM   #7
Low Saturn
Low Saturn is a splendid one to beholdLow Saturn is a splendid one to beholdLow Saturn is a splendid one to beholdLow Saturn is a splendid one to beholdLow Saturn is a splendid one to beholdLow Saturn is a splendid one to beholdLow Saturn is a splendid one to behold

2008 AURA XE

Quote:
So you mean, its not designed for performance? probably, but im wondering if it will look retarded as crap with the back lower than the front, anyone have lowering springs that are good on their Sw2 ? and want to show me pics and where you bought your brand, please k thanks.
My 1993 SW2 with Sprint Extreme springs and ST Struts. It sat level and the rear didnt rub. Even with a speaker box and people in the back seat. But it did rub in the rear when going over bumps when I had KYB's installed. Thats why I switched to the ST Struts.

Mike

11.809 @ 116.488 mph
www.differentracing.com

-2001 Chevrolet Suburban

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help Low Saturn reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 03-20-2009, 01:12 PM   #8
OnDaGround
Master Member
OnDaGround has a spectacular aura aboutOnDaGround has a spectacular aura about

1993 SC2

Quote:
Hein had springs on his car. Just don't put a bunch of crap in the back. I know thats hard to say for some paranoid wagon owners (paul) but if you want a go fast car, you want less weight anyways.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Hein.jpg (54.8 KB, 77 views)

Saturnless...

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to OnDaGround's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help OnDaGround reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
OnDaGround is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 07:56 PM   #9
93 sw2

1993 SW2
2003 ION Red Line

[QUOTE=Low Saturn;1419457]My 1993 SW2 with Sprint Extreme springs and ST Struts. It sat level and the rear didnt rub. Even with a speaker box and people in the back seat. But it did rub in the rear when going over bumps when I had KYB's installed. Thats why I switched to the ST Struts.

Wow, that is a very NICE saturn i wish i had something like that, maybe il take some more detailed pics of everything thats wrong with my saturn

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 03-20-2009, 08:27 PM   #10
Low Saturn

2008 AURA XE

Quote:
Wow, that is a very NICE saturn i wish i had something like that, maybe il take some more detailed pics of everything thats wrong with my saturn
Thanks. It was born a 1993 SW1 with a SOHC engine, automatic transmission, tan interior, black bumpers/door handles, and automatic seatbelts.

I did a SOHC to DOHC swap, auto to manual swap, swapped in the grey interior from a 1995 SL2 including the manual seatbelts and put on color matched bumpers and door handles.

Mike

11.809 @ 116.488 mph
www.differentracing.com

-2001 Chevrolet Suburban

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 03-20-2009, 09:12 PM   #11
hein
Advanced Member
hein is on a distinguished road

1995 SW2
1998 SW2

My SW2 (white 98 wagon in Hein.jpg above) has Eibach springs and I used Monroes (may have posted that wrong at some point). I would recommend KYBs and I hear that SpringTech struts are even better (?)

I'm running 17s and 45 series tires and didn't want it too sit too low. So I machined out some plastic spacers and put them between the struts and the body to raise both front and rear a little.

If your car doesn't sit level let me know and I'll send you a set. I can make them 1/16, 1/8 and 1/4 thickness.

I really like the look of a lowered first gen wagon like low's. I regularly scan Craigslist for them.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg strut_shims.jpg (20.0 KB, 31 views)

Last edited by hein; 03-20-2009 at 09:17 PM..

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to hein's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help hein reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
hein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 12:46 PM   #12
93 sw2

1993 SW2
2003 ION Red Line

You'll seriously send me a set of those things you made ? wow that would be cool. those would raise the car a little if its sagging in the back correct ? i might need a set

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 03-23-2009, 12:52 PM   #13
OnDaGround
Master Member
OnDaGround has a spectacular aura aboutOnDaGround has a spectacular aura about

1993 SC2

^^^ There you go the man himself.

Saturnless...

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to OnDaGround's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help OnDaGround reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
OnDaGround is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 06:10 PM   #14
hein
Advanced Member
hein is on a distinguished road

1995 SW2
1998 SW2

Quote:
You'll seriously send me a set of those things you made ? wow that would be cool. those would raise the car a little if its sagging in the back correct ? i might need a set
I'll ask you to pay the postage. Take some ride height measurements before and after and we'll go from there. Probably just send you two 1/8 and two 1/4 thick shims and that should cover it. I'd like to see how they work out for you. Honestly, I'm not sure you'll need them. I'm pretty sure I used the same thickness (1/4") all around on mine - for the bigger wheel/tire

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to hein's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help hein reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
hein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 08:42 PM   #15
93 sw2

1993 SW2
2003 ION Red Line

aight, nice! il see, i bought the springs on jegs like 2 days ago, so i got like 2 weeks before i get them i bet. haha

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 03-25-2009, 08:58 PM   #16
Leafy
Leafy is on a distinguished road

1994 SL2

Quote:
aight, nice! il see, i bought the springs on jegs like 2 days ago, so i got like 2 weeks before i get them i bet. haha
2 weeks? wow i bought b&g springs off of some truck site and I got them in less than a week. the b&g springs are mint on kyb struts btw.

1994 SL2 HCE auto 113 hp 113 lbft (wheel) backup car
2002 Chevy Cavalier SS
For Sale: FlyWheel, Shifter assembly, Clutch Hydros, 1st gen 5 spd PCM. PM me for prices.

WPI class of '12 ME

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Leafy's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Leafy reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Leafy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2009, 03:48 PM   #17
93 sw2

1993 SW2
2003 ION Red Line

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leafy View Post
2 weeks? wow i bought b&g springs off of some truck site and I got them in less than a week. the b&g springs are mint on kyb struts btw.
yah but they were on back order so its kinda lame. but o well, patience is a virtue

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 09-03-2013, 09:32 PM   #18
Zlukens822
Zlukens822 is on a distinguished road

1994 SW2

Does this mean if I can find coil overs for a 94 S-series I can put them on my 94 SW2 Wagon??

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Zlukens822's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Zlukens822 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Zlukens822 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 10:27 PM   #19
madpogue
madpogue has much to be proud ofmadpogue has much to be proud ofmadpogue has much to be proud ofmadpogue has much to be proud ofmadpogue has much to be proud ofmadpogue has much to be proud ofmadpogue has much to be proud ofmadpogue has much to be proud of

1996 SW2

Well, since an SW2 is an S-Series, the answer would be yes....

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to madpogue's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help madpogue reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
madpogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 04:33 AM   #20
fetchitfido
fetchitfido has much to be proud offetchitfido has much to be proud offetchitfido has much to be proud offetchitfido has much to be proud offetchitfido has much to be proud offetchitfido has much to be proud offetchitfido has much to be proud offetchitfido has much to be proud offetchitfido has much to be proud offetchitfido has much to be proud of

2001 SC2

My '97 SW2 is currently sitting on H&R Sports and GR-2's. Doesn't look any lower in the back than my '93 SL2 did when I used the same combo.

The proper way to fix a S-Series automatic is to replace it with a 5spd O:)

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to fetchitfido's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help fetchitfido reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
fetchitfido is offline   Reply With Quote