SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Sky > Sky Red Line
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-11-2009, 09:22 PM   #1
Charlie
Administrator
Charlie is a splendid one to beholdCharlie is a splendid one to beholdCharlie is a splendid one to beholdCharlie is a splendid one to beholdCharlie is a splendid one to beholdCharlie is a splendid one to beholdCharlie is a splendid one to beholdCharlie is a splendid one to behold

2008 Outlook XR
2005 VUE Red Line
Default Zippy Saturn Sky Deserves to Survive GM Woes

A new feeditems entry has been added:

Zippy Saturn Sky Deserves to Survive GM Woes

Quote:
Steven Cole Smith from the Orlando Sentinel: It's interesting that the test car, a 2009 Saturn Sky sports car, has only been on the market for a few years, but is the oldest product in the Saturn lineup. Based on the same platform as the similar Pontiac Solstice

2008 Saturn Outlook XR
2005 VUE Red Line
2002 L300 (sold)

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Charlie's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Charlie reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Charlie is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 03-12-2009, 04:32 AM   #2
CurveConcept
CurveConcept is on a distinguished road

Default Re: Zippy Saturn Sky Deserves to Survive GM Woes

I agree, the Sky Red Line is one of my favorite GM Saturns. I wonder if GM will be able to keep the Sky/Solstice. I really like the fact that they are RWD. The Sky/Solstice is a poor man's Z4.

I just read GM is offering to "buy back" unsold new Saturns from dealers that want to close up. Saturn of Albuquerque just sold back their inventory and closed. A lot of other dealers are closing too. Saturn of Chicago is gone. Saturn of Lake Barrington just closed. Saturn of Northwest Arkansas is closing March 20. I wonder how much GM paid to buy the vehicles back. I also wonder how many dealers are still going to be around in two or three years and how the number of dealers effects the possible sale or spin-off of Saturn.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to CurveConcept's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help CurveConcept reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
CurveConcept is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 03:25 PM   #3
BobbyP
Master Member
BobbyP is just really niceBobbyP is just really niceBobbyP is just really niceBobbyP is just really nice

2006 VUE Red Line
2007 SKY

My sister bought one of the first SKY's available in our area. She loves that car to death. She's not a speed demon, the standard Ecotec works fine. I put a 3" loaded coil antenna on it for her. Really improves the looks getting rid of that huge antenna on a tiny car.

My concern is that the bean counters will close the plant because it's most likely the least efficient one they own.

If the chassis survives maybe the new Saturn can continue to buy them from GM?

2006 Black VUE Red Line - Now running iOS 11

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to BobbyP's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help BobbyP reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
BobbyP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 10:35 AM   #4
Russ Bellinis
Russ Bellinis is on a distinguished road

I don't think spare parts will be a problem even if G.M. folds up completely. Studebaker went out of the car business in the mid 1960's and I've read that virtually all of the parts are still available for the last few years of production. If G.M. stays in business, even if they stop Saturn production, they are still required by law to support the products they sold for at least 10 years.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Russ Bellinis's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Russ Bellinis reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Russ Bellinis is offline   Reply With Quote