SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Categories > General Saturn Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: If Saturn as you know of today was gone, what would be your brand of choice?
GM (Chevy, Pontiac, GMC, Buick, Cadillac) 11 14.86%
Ford (Ford, Lincoln, Volvo) 9 12.16%
Chrysler (Dodge, Chrysler, Jeep) 1 1.35%
Toyota (Toyota, Scion, Lexus) 8 10.81%
Honda (Honda, Acura) 11 14.86%
Nissan (Nissan, Infiniti) 7 9.46%
Hyundai (Kia, Hyundai) 7 9.46%
Volkswagen (VW, Audi) 8 10.81%
Mercedes (Smart, MB) 0 0%
BMW (Mini, BMW) 2 2.70%
Misc Japanese (Subaru, Mazda, Mitsubishi, Suzuki) 8 10.81%
A foreign made Tata or Chery rebadged Saturn 2 2.70%
Voters: 74. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-02-2009, 12:09 PM   #1
dorseto
dorseto is on a distinguished road

Question If Saturn as you know of today was gone, what would be your brand of choice?

Just for the kicks of it, I put in that last option IF Saturn did spin-off as a retailer only for Indian or Chinese cars.

Reply with some models you're eyeing at for your next car.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to dorseto's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help dorseto reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
dorseto is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 03-02-2009, 02:09 PM   #2
Millhouse
Millhouse is on a distinguished road

2008 VUE 2.4L
2003 L-Series 3.0L Wagon
Default Re: If Saturn as you know of today was gone, what would be your brand of choice?

I will probably migrate back to VW. The only cars my wife and i have ever had was VW's, Saturns, and Toyotas. The last VW being a 2003 and the last toyota being a 2004. I just hope our local saturn dealer doesn't go bust, our next closest is hours away, I would definitely get rid of the two Saturns we have if that happends.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Millhouse's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Millhouse reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Millhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 02:27 PM   #3
AuraDrvr89
Master Member
AuraDrvr89 will become famous soon enough

2007 AURA XE
Default Re: If Saturn as you know of today was gone, what would be your brand of choice?

Definitely GM. I already have my eyes on the 2010+ LaCrosse.

-Joel

Now: 2009 BMW 328i xDrive, Monaco Blue Metallic
Then:
2007 SATURN AURA XE,Cream White
2004 Saturn Ion 3 Special Edition Sedan, Onyx Black

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to AuraDrvr89's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help AuraDrvr89 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
AuraDrvr89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 02:40 PM   #4
VTHokie00SL2
Master Member
VTHokie00SL2 will become famous soon enoughVTHokie00SL2 will become famous soon enough

I bought a Subaru Legacy in 2007. Assuming I gain employment and can afford it someday, my next car would probably be something like a BMW 328xi. I like that new VW CC also.

Celebrity Eurosport.
When the road gets a little nervous, take one of these.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to VTHokie00SL2's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help VTHokie00SL2 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
VTHokie00SL2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 03:14 PM   #5
2NDSOUT
Master Member
2NDSOUT is a jewel in the rough2NDSOUT is a jewel in the rough2NDSOUT is a jewel in the rough2NDSOUT is a jewel in the rough

1994 SL2
1999 SL

Probably none of the above...

why not an option in the poll to continue to drive my older Saturns?

Bryan

94SL2 HCE, "Pearl"

99 SL

94SL2 260K Miles
1/15

97SW2 266K Miles
2/15

Always
94SC1 340,501 Miles
Org. Engine/Auto Trans
2/97-10/08
Gone 3/12

92SL1
05VUE
91SC

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to 2NDSOUT's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help 2NDSOUT reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
2NDSOUT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 03:14 PM   #6
thatjerryguy
thatjerryguy will become famous soon enoughthatjerryguy will become famous soon enough

2002 L-Series 3.0L Sedan
Thumbs Up Re: If Saturn as you know of today was gone, what would be your brand of choice?

I'm considering the new Mazda 6.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to thatjerryguy's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help thatjerryguy reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
thatjerryguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 03:20 PM   #7
habsr1
habsr1 is on a distinguished road

2004 L-Series 3.0L Sedan

I have feeling Saturn will be gone by the time I am ready to purchase a new vehicle at year's end or at elast we will know then that's it's future is over. That being the case, I am already planning on buying a Honda CRV.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to habsr1's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help habsr1 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
habsr1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 03:22 PM   #8
kae
kae is on a distinguished road

2008 VUE 2.4L
2004 ION-2 Sedan

Since my current Saturn isn't quite a year old yet I have no immediate plans or need to plan for the next car brand I will purchase. Unlike many I don't intentionally set out to buy a new car every few years so barring any trouble with my Vue I think I have plenty of time to decide what the next car will be.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to kae's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help kae reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
kae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 03:45 PM   #9
dorseto
dorseto is on a distinguished road

Initially, I wanted to vote Honda, but most of their new product line doesn't appeal to me. Don't get me started on the buttons galore Accord and the ugly Acura grill.

I've noticed the quality of some of the Toyotas today aren't as good as their past. The interiors looks good in photos, but get inside and actually feeling the material is another. So I'm suspicioius about them.

So which leaves me at nothing else but Nissan. I absolutely love the G37 sedan and coupe. And the new Maxima did away with the bubble look and looks very nice.

Although another possibility for me is Ford with their win streak of products lately and coming out. I really like the Ford Edge. Mazda would be a good alternative too since Ford and Mazda shares a lot although they've cut most of their business ties as of late.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to dorseto's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help dorseto reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
dorseto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 04:25 PM   #10
Sival
Sival will become famous soon enough

2007 ION-3 Sedan

I personally like American cars, GM disappointed me with how they dealt with Saturn, I don't like Ford vehicles much (maybe because I regularly drive for work a 2007 Focus and a 2005 Taurus, neither of which impress me or has endeared itself to me), so I guess Chrysler, which has history in my family. I like the look and feel of their cars, the only annoyance is the lack of a really fuel-efficient compact, the Dodge Caliber is more like a compact crossover than a compact car (and Dodge's programmation of the CVT is awful efficiency-wise, they should reverse engineer the programmation Nissan uses in its own CVTs).

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Sival's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Sival reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Sival is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 04:37 PM   #11
RedLineWant2be
RedLineWant2be is on a distinguished road

2003 ION-3 Sedan

I would def go with Mitsubishi, audi, volkswagon if I had to go with other brand because I already have them.

tinted windows
Injen C.A.I
Car DVD system
Fe5 suspension
eibach lowering springs

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to RedLineWant2be's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help RedLineWant2be reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
RedLineWant2be is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 06:55 PM   #12
Ritz
Master Member
Ritz has a spectacular aura aboutRitz has a spectacular aura about

2006 VUE 3.5L

There have been 24 votes so far and there has been ONE vote cast for GM and ZERO have voted for a rebadged foreign car...and this a Saturn fan's site.

Ford has gotten a respectable 3 votes though.

For me, I'd go with Audi/Volkswagen as a first choice and Subaru/Hyundai as a second choice.

Food for thought. Are you reading this, Jill? Anyone still think this brand is going to make it when even the folks who own the cars NOW aren't going to buy GM or imported/Saturn-badged product?

Cheers,

Last edited by Ritz; 03-02-2009 at 07:04 PM..

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Ritz's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Ritz reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Ritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 10:21 PM   #13
The Math God
Advanced Member
The Math God is on a distinguished road

2007 VUE 3.5L
2005 VUE 3.5L

I'm the first to vote for a rebadged Saturn
that may seem like a bad thing but isn't that what most of the lineup is right now

the "real" Saturn died with Spring Hill and polymer but the Saturn dealer experience will still be there

maybe by the time I am ready for a new car, Saturn will have a manufacturing plant and will be building a "real" Saturn again

2007 Vue -- AWD 3.5 Honda
2005 Vue -- AWD 3.5 Honda
2007 Ion 2 -- 2.2
2005 L300 -- 6 cyl

Gone but not forgotten
2003 Vue -- 105K-traded in
2000 LS 2 --140 K-totaled
1994 SL-- 100K-sold

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to The Math God's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help The Math God reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
The Math God is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 10:26 PM   #14
FGCA_XRL
FGCA_XRL will become famous soon enough

2004 VUE Red Line

Audi or Chrysler most likely. But who knows, maybe I'll get a 350Z. Whatever I get, it'll be sportiness that Saturn has never offered (though the Redline models are good tries, with more time the RLs could have been real winners).

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to FGCA_XRL's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help FGCA_XRL reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
FGCA_XRL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 11:58 PM   #15
Kaervak
Kaervak is on a distinguished road

1999 SL2

The most likely option with cars that will be released here in the states, Ford. Simply because of the Fiesta. Such an awesome little car.

On the pure speculation/only a small possibility, Chrysler. Since Fiat now own 35% and are looking to increase their ownership, there's a possibility that Alpha Romeo could be coming back to the US. I'd jump on an Alpha in a second.

For the "if I had the cash" option, Audi. RS6 how I love thee.

It's only after we've lost everything, that we're free to do anything

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Kaervak's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Kaervak reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Kaervak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 07:30 PM   #16
GR898SL2
Master Member
GR898SL2 will become famous soon enoughGR898SL2 will become famous soon enough

I mentioned in another thread that if Saturn was gone, I'd consider another Nissan/Infiniti product to replace (or complement) the Maxima. The CVT in all new Nissan sedans (and the Murano) is arguably the finest from any mainstream automaker and has been improving from year to year.

No more Saturns! :(
'11 & '15 Subaru Forester; '15 Nissan Altima

Last edited by GR898SL2; 03-03-2009 at 07:35 PM..

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to GR898SL2's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help GR898SL2 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
GR898SL2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 07:50 PM   #17
Junglecat
Junglecat is on a distinguished road

We usually always have one Saturn and one "other" brand. Right now we have a 2007 RL AWD VUE and a 2008 VW GTI.

If we got rid of the VUE, I would probably want to get another Honda Accord or Civic Si. Traded in an 06 Si on the GTI and it was SWEET!

"It's only after you've lost everything that you're free to do anything." -Tyler Durden, Fight Club (1999)

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Junglecat's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Junglecat reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Junglecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 10:17 PM   #18
Ritz
Master Member
Ritz has a spectacular aura aboutRitz has a spectacular aura about

2006 VUE 3.5L

Interesting...with 40 votes now, only about 1/3 of the votes are for an American brand of any type and half go to the Japanese. Very interesting that Ford gets about half of the votes for American vehicles.

Last edited by Ritz; 03-03-2009 at 10:22 PM..

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Ritz's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Ritz reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Ritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 10:37 PM   #19
eRic 02sc2
eRic 02sc2 has a spectacular aura abouteRic 02sc2 has a spectacular aura about

I'm thinking Ford Mustang or Fiesta or Focus RS whenever it arrives here.

eRic 02sc2
DR SCCA Solo 2001,2002 1st DSP
WHRRi 2007,2010 Fun Run 1st
DR SCCA 2008 Triathalon 1st PF
DR SCCA Solo 2009 2nd ST
DR SCCA Solo 2010 1st ST
Crutchfield: pkeqe-6j8e3-d2qqe

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to eRic 02sc2's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help eRic 02sc2 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
eRic 02sc2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 10:38 PM   #20
Spazie
Master Member
Spazie will become famous soon enough

1993 SC2
1999 SL2

Considering it only gave us one choice, it's hard to call what would be the definite choice, as I'm caught between cars right now.

Whatever I buy next it will be based off of the features and value for price, rather than brand loyalty like it was in the past. Right now I'm eying the VW Eos and the Pontiac G6 convertible. The Eos has all the options I want but I'm not fond of the styling, the G6 I love the styling but it only has about half the options I really want in a convertible. I voted for VW because the Eos is in the lead right now, even though it will be at least a year or two before I buy a new car. If I were buying based on the brand itself, it would be Subaru, but they don't make any convertibles.

13 Chevy Equinox, 46k, built in Spring Hill!
04 VUE 3.5, 196k
99 SL2 Homecoming, 211k

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Spazie's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Spazie reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Spazie is offline   Reply With Quote